Over the 8 years that Serrin and I were together, We worked hard, played hard and held onto dreams of a life together..... but honestly Game Admin work is not easy, specially when two people are in boots and all......

There are a lot of rumours about things, the truth is a lot harsher than people may have realised......

Staff work is like gaming, it can become all consuming to the point that more hours a day are directed into gaming than anything else and that became true of Serrin and I, as we worked longer and harder hours, sneaking moments of time between issues, to say I know you and share precious moments together......

at the start of 2015, I began to question who my partner was, as at times it was becoming too hard to be personal and professional and they began to seep into each other and often it would result in a big argument and fight that would have things said like * for christs sakes, I need to talk with serrin and resolve this issue so i can talk to the partner I love *........

2 months later, I made the decision that I was going to leave R2 because it was too much, my partner, my boss.... there was no longer a definable difference......... and so I began to search for a new beginning away from the forums, on server gaming, and a return to the love of my life which was working on tech issues, game testing, development work, game staff management..... and hopefully the opportunity to reunite with my partner again.....

at the start of may, my world came crashing down as I lost my partner, my friend, my boss.......

Its hard now to remember the personal life we shared when so much of the last few years was all about work, work and work.... and we only had ourselves to blame for the fact that we allowed it to consume us to the point that we did not have time for each other.......

A week after I lost my partner, I handed in my notice to R2..... something that was near as emotionally and mentally difficult as losing my partner......but something that was essential if I am to regain my life back again.

The tributes to Serrin have been breath taking and beautiful but also a reminder that so much of our lives were about the games, the players, the work and so little about us as a couple and partners.......
The legacy that is left is both a acknowledge of the dedication to what we believed in, and a reminder of the price that we can pay....... and behind the names are real people..........

I am returning to what I love, game creation, development and staff management...... alone and without my partner, but for me, burying myself in my work, is a form of survival and self preservation........

if there is any advice i could share..... it would be this

1) Enjoy the games, have fun but remember that your partner is the one that loves you and they are important too...
2) if you hug your partner after you have checked FB, you have your priorities wrong......
3) the best legacy you can leave in a game, is players that talk about you as a person, not a name in the rankings.......

Thanks to R2, the devs, the players, the forum members for an amazing few years........

Its not goodbye if you say thanks for the time we shared, lets do it again in the future........

hugs

R2 Serrin 1971-2015 and Kitwritten 1970- the day that I sign in no more....