Announcement

Collapse

Website Instability

We are aware of the issue with the website being unstable. The issue is currently being worked on. We thank you for your patience in the meantime.
See more
See less

entire game no longer works on ChromeOS

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• entire game no longer works on ChromeOS

The game no longer works on ChromeOS as of the most recent update. This is extremely inconvenient for me; I have a windows computer but it's a desktop and I can't play from my bedroom on it. I get the following errors: "Login Failed: Authorization Error!" "Loading character list" "Lost Connection to Server". I have taken the following steps in my attempt to fix the problem from the user end:

1) Attempted to access using an incognito window to make sure it wasn't an extension interfering with the game.
    2) Cleared browser cache for the last day.
    3)Turned the computer off and on again to reset to last known good configuration.
    4) Cleared all browser history since the beginning of time.
    5) Did a powerwash (remove all user data and accounts from the chromebook, restoring it to factory defaults).
    6) Erased flash website data storage and protected content playback.

None of these steps worked. Here is my chrome version data, followed by my flash data (rest of the comment is nerdstats; feel free to bail, everyone else, but thanks for your time):

Version 55.0.2883.87
    Platform 8872.70.0 (Official Build) stable-channel veyron_minnie
    ARC Version 3554338
    Firmware Google_Veyron_Minnie.6588.197.0

Your Chromebook is up to date.

User Agent

Mozilla/5.0 (X11; CrOS armv7l 8872.70.0) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/55.0.2883.87 Safari/537.36
    Command Line

/opt/google/chrome/chrome --ppapi-flash-path=/opt/google/chrome/pepper/libpepflashplayer.so --ppapi-flash-version=23.0.0.207 --ui-prioritize-in-gpu-process --use-gl=egl --gpu-sandbox-failures-fatal=yes --gpu-sandbox-start-early --arc-available --enable-arc --enable-logging --log-level=1 --use-cras --enable-wayland-server --user-data-dir=/home/chronos --max-unused-resource-memory-usage-percentage=5 --enable-hardware-overlays=single-fullscreen --login-profile=user --has-chromeos-keyboard --enable-touchview --ash-enable-power-button-quick-lock --enable-centered-app-list --default-wallpaper-large=/usr/share/chromeos-assets/wallpaper/oem_large.jpg --default-wallpaper-small=/usr/share/chromeos-assets/wallpaper/oem_small.jpg --default-wallpaper-is-oem --guest-wallpaper-large=/usr/share/chromeos-assets/wallpaper/guest_large.jpg --guest-wallpaper-small=/usr/share/chromeos-assets/wallpaper/guest_small.jpg --enable-prefixed-encrypted-media --enterprise-enrollment-initial-modulus=15 --enterprise-enrollment-modulus-limit=19 --vmodule=screen_locker=2,webui_screen_locker=2,lock_state_controller=2,webui_login_view=2,power_button_observer=2,*ui/display/chromeos*=1,*ash/display*=1,*ui/ozone*=1,*zygote*=1,*plugin*=2,*chromeos/login/*=1,*arc/*=1 --login-manager --first-exec-after-boot --silent-launch
    Build Date

Thursday, December 8, 2016

~~~~
    Here is my flash information:

Adobe Flash Player - Version: 23.0.0.207
    Shockwave Flash 23.0 r0

About Flash

Google Chrome 55.0.2883.87 ()
    OS Chrome OS
    Flash plugin 23.0.0.207 /opt/google/chrome/pepper/libpepflashplayer.so
    --- Crash data ---
    --- GPU information ---
    --- GPU driver, more information ---
    Vendor Id 0x0000
    Device Id 0x0000
    Driver vendor ES
    Driver version 3.1
    Driver date
    Pixel shader version 3.10
    Vertex shader version 3.10
    GL_VENDOR ARM
    GL_RENDERER Mali-T760
    GL_VERSION OpenGL ES 3.1 v1.r8p0-03dev0.da3bc11bf2024698f7d8469dac6f546e
    GL_EXTENSIONS GL_ARM_rgba8 GL_ARM_mali_shader_binary GL_OES_depth24 GL_OES_depth_texture GL_OES_depth_texture_cube_map GL_OES_packed_depth_stencil GL_OES_rgb8_rgba8 GL_EXT_read_format_bgra GL_OES_compressed_paletted_texture GL_OES_compressed_ETC1_RGB8_texture GL_OES_standard_derivatives GL_OES_EGL_image GL_OES_EGL_image_external GL_OES_EGL_sync GL_OES_texture_npot GL_OES_vertex_half_float GL_OES_required_internalformat GL_OES_vertex_array_object GL_OES_mapbuffer GL_EXT_texture_format_BGRA8888 GL_EXT_texture_rg GL_EXT_texture_type_2_10_10_10_REV GL_OES_fbo_render_mipmap GL_OES_element_index_uint GL_EXT_shadow_samplers GL_OES_texture_compression_astc GL_KHR_texture_compression_astc_ldr GL_KHR_texture_compression_astc_hdr GL_KHR_debug GL_EXT_occlusion_query_boolean GL_EXT_disjoint_timer_query GL_EXT_blend_minmax GL_EXT_discard_framebuffer GL_OES_get_program_binary GL_OES_texture_3D GL_EXT_texture_storage GL_EXT_multisampled_render_to_texture GL_OES_surfaceless_context GL_OES_texture_stencil8 GL_EXT_shader_pixel_local_storage GL_ARM_shader_framebuffer_fetch GL_ARM_shader_framebuffer_fetch_depth_stencil GL_ARM_mali_program_binary GL_EXT_sRGB GL_EXT_sRGB_write_control GL_EXT_texture_sRGB_decode GL_KHR_blend_equation_advanced GL_KHR_blend_equation_advanced_coherent GL_OES_texture_storage_multisample_2d_array GL_OES_shader_image_atomic GL_EXT_robustness GL_EXT_draw_buffers_indexed GL_OES_draw_buffers_indexed GL_EXT_texture_border_clamp GL_OES_texture_border_clamp GL_EXT_texture_cube_map_array GL_OES_texture_cube_map_array GL_OES_sample_variables GL_OES_sample_shading GL_OES_shader_multisample_interpolation GL_EXT_shader_io_blocks GL_OES_shader_io_blocks GL_EXT_tessellation_shader GL_OES_tessellation_shader GL_EXT_primitive_bounding_box GL_OES_primitive_bounding_box GL_EXT_geometry_shader GL_OES_geometry_shader GL_ANDROID_extension_pack_es31a GL_EXT_gpu_shader5 GL_OES_gpu_shader5 GL_EXT_texture_buffer GL_OES_texture_buffer GL_EXT_copy_image GL_OES_copy_image GL_EXT_color_buffer_half_float GL_EXT_color_buffer_float GL_OVR_multiview GL_OVR_multiview2 GL_OVR_multiview_multisampled_render_to_texture

I have tested CSII with my Chromebook and was able to log into the server without any issues.

Comment

Originally posted by Reverie View Post
      I have tested CSII with my Chromebook and was able to log into the server without any issues.
      Can you provide your version information? That can help with pinpointing the problem (Vertical ... at the top right > Help > About ChromeOS).

Comment

Version 55.0.2883.103 (64-bit)
        Platform 8872.73.0 (Official Build) stable-channel falco
        Firmware Google_Falco.4389.92.0
        Check for and apply updates
        Channel

Currently on stable channel.
        Change channel…
        V8

User Agent
        Mozilla/5.0 (X11; CrOS x86_64 8872.73.0) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/55.0.2883.103 Safari/537.36

Command Line
        /opt/google/chrome/chrome --ppapi-flash-path=/opt/google/chrome/pepper/libpepflashplayer.so --ppapi-flash-version=24.0.0.186 --ui-prioritize-in-gpu-process --use-gl=egl --enable-native-gpu-memory-buffers --gpu-sandbox-failures-fatal=yes --enable-logging --log-level=1 --use-cras --enable-wayland-server --user-data-dir=/home/chronos --max-unused-resource-memory-usage-percentage=5 --login-profile=user --has-chromeos-keyboard --default-wallpaper-large=/usr/share/chromeos-assets/wallpaper/oem_large.jpg --default-wallpaper-small=/usr/share/chromeos-assets/wallpaper/oem_small.jpg --default-wallpaper-is-oem --guest-wallpaper-large=/usr/share/chromeos-assets/wallpaper/guest_large.jpg --guest-wallpaper-small=/usr/share/chromeos-assets/wallpaper/guest_small.jpg --enable-prefixed-encrypted-media --enterprise-enrollment-initial-modulus=15 --enterprise-enrollment-modulus-limit=19 --vmodule=screen_locker=2,webui_screen_locker=2,lock_state_controller=2,webui_login_view=2,power_button_observer=2,*ui/display/chromeos*=1,*ash/display*=1,*ui/ozone*=1,*zygote*=1,*plugin*=2,*chromeos/login/*=1 --login-manager --first-exec-after-boot

Build Date
        Saturday, December 17, 2016
        Last edited by Reverie; 01-07-2017, 10:38 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Reverie View Post
          Version 55.0.2883.103 (64-bit)
          Platform 8872.73.0 (Official Build) stable-channel falco
          Firmware Google_Falco.4389.92.0
          Check for and apply updates
          Channel

Currently on stable channel.
          Change channel…
          V8

User Agent
          Mozilla/5.0 (X11; CrOS x86_64 8872.73.0) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/55.0.2883.103 Safari/537.36

Command Line
          /opt/google/chrome/chrome --ppapi-flash-path=/opt/google/chrome/pepper/libpepflashplayer.so --ppapi-flash-version=24.0.0.186 --ui-prioritize-in-gpu-process --use-gl=egl --enable-native-gpu-memory-buffers --gpu-sandbox-failures-fatal=yes --enable-logging --log-level=1 --use-cras --enable-wayland-server --user-data-dir=/home/chronos --max-unused-resource-memory-usage-percentage=5 --login-profile=user --has-chromeos-keyboard --default-wallpaper-large=/usr/share/chromeos-assets/wallpaper/oem_large.jpg --default-wallpaper-small=/usr/share/chromeos-assets/wallpaper/oem_small.jpg --default-wallpaper-is-oem --guest-wallpaper-large=/usr/share/chromeos-assets/wallpaper/guest_large.jpg --guest-wallpaper-small=/usr/share/chromeos-assets/wallpaper/guest_small.jpg --enable-prefixed-encrypted-media --enterprise-enrollment-initial-modulus=15 --enterprise-enrollment-modulus-limit=19 --vmodule=screen_locker=2,webui_screen_locker=2,lock_state_controller=2,webui_login_view=2,power_button_observer=2,*ui/display/chromeos*=1,*ash/display*=1,*ui/ozone*=1,*zygote*=1,*plugin*=2,*chromeos/login/*=1 --login-manager --first-exec-after-boot

Build Date
          Saturday, December 17, 2016
          OK cool, so you're using a slightly newer build which suggests that this won't be a problem going forward; this means that my problem is probably touchscreen non-compatibility holding back my chrome build from being updated instead of being the game's incompatibility with the latest build of chrome. That's good to know; I'll just wait til the chrome update roll-out, I guess.

Comment

Originally posted by Bekira View Post
            OK cool, so you're using a slightly newer build which suggests that this won't be a problem going forward; this means that my problem is probably touchscreen non-compatibility holding back my chrome build from being updated instead of being the game's incompatibility with the latest build of chrome. That's good to know; I'll just wait til the chrome update roll-out, I guess.
            "Wait til the version update rollout" worked, problem is now resolved; thanks Reverie!

Comment

Working...
            X