Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lost connection one second before getting the prize.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lost connection one second before getting the prize.

Can't belive it. I was doing a PvP event, the one you have to carry a weapon for 3 minuts. Exaclty one second before i was going ti win it i lost connection ONLY for the account i was using at the event. I have 2 machines, my alt account was working on both of them, my main account wasn't working for about 10 minuts in both of them. It's not a problem with my machineses, because the server wasn't down and only my main account didn't work, but my alt account did work. All i can think about is some bug related to that PvP event i said. Bye.

I can't pinpoint what causes it, but this isn't an uncommon problem for players to have. Cases where they cannot log their main or their main disconnects while an alt exhibits no issues of the sort.

Next time, try logging only the single toon as logging both may put a strain on your connection, separate devices or not.

Comment

My alt wasn't online when that happened. I think the triggering message about me winning the event has caused it. But it's true that often my main lose connection also while levelling and it takes time before i can log it back. Could not log my main in 2 different machines, used 6 different browsers and cleant the cache and everything, it was not working for about 10 minuts or more, but when i did the same with my alt everything was working fine. I think something in the coding is the cause of it. Or i think there is a problem at the log-in, because often 2 or more pop-ups come at once saying you can't connect to the game.

Comment

If your connection hiccups, even for a split second, your toon can lose connection to the server. The issue thereafter is that the server does not realize that your toon has DC'd, so the toon, in this case your main, is left ghosting online until it finally boots. Until then, you will be unable to login because your toon is still physically inside the server.

Comment

I get the problem now. It happens in many games, but the solution is easy. When i send a request to log back, the request should kick out my toon. It's like if i log from another machine, i should get the message that another location has logged me out, by doing this the toon wont be stucked in game. Now my main is down again. Thanks for answers.

Comment

The force kick of a toon used to be an option here too, but unfortunately it was removed in order to minimize certain incidents pertaining to account/toon hijacking.

Comment

Working...
            X