Announcement

Collapse

Website Instability

We are aware of the issue with the website being unstable. The issue is currently being worked on. We thank you for your patience in the meantime.
See more
See less

My shortcut keys do not work after maintenance

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My shortcut keys do not work after maintenance

After last nights maintenance now none of my shortcut keys work. for example pushing the . key for afk or pushing G for guild I need to manually click the damn icons now, once again these morons make a mess of things.
    Defending the Undefendable is a form of insanity. This world has gone crazy.

I have tested all shortcut keys and mine are working just fine. Is it possible you were chatting at some point and forgot to click out of the text bar?
    Last edited by Reverie; 08-02-2017, 07:49 PM.

Comment

no its not a chat thing, this is still happening. on client its working but on browser its not, I just had another player in my server say the same thing happen to him a couple months ago, he never used client but had to because he had this same issue happen to him. And it is possible for 1 person to have a bug and other people to have everything normal.

Comment

I myself am not using the client, rather Chrome.

The issue with a single person experiencing a bug that has to do with basic gameplay mechanics, at any given time, is that R2 will unlikely be able to recreate it. If they are unable to recreate it, they will be strained on how to approach a matter that most of the populace too is not experiencing.

Comment

yeah typical R2 problems without fixes one after another....idiots. Their damn paychecks should get bugged

Comment

Originally posted by briansid1981 View Post
            yeah typical R2 problems without fixes one after another.
            Is that right? (http://forum.r2games.com/forum/brows...ie-s-work-list) I also recall even you yourself stating that R2 has gotten better with patching bugs in the last few weeks.

This case is a standalone issue that, from what and who we have personally heard of and from, only you are having trouble with. Several of us have tested our shortcut keys and everything is functioning as it should. Bugs cannot be worked on unless we can first confirm it by triggering it ourselves.

That being said, it could be like the blank Zodiac draw where certain conditions cause the issue, and unless you can find that out, being the one that is having trouble with it, we have no leads.

Comment

Yes they gotten better patching bugs, but things like this are ridiculous and its not a 1 person thing ive located a 2nd player in s4 who had same issue and another player in a different server who has the issue. These things are worse than bugs because they make the game almost unplayable. Its just another example of a company that just doesn't keep up with things. The game engine is flipping ancient resulting is a stupid 20 minute delay when u have a net hiccup, which is easily fixed but good god r2 would rather inconvenience their customers then themselves, if you guys consider that good business practice then no wonder the game is sinking like the titanic. Just because I say they improve on 1 thing doesn't mean all of a sudden they are a quality group of people, that was just me being honest about that issue, the fact of the matter is there are about 100 other areas of business and game quality that they are failing miserably at.

Comment

We too have tested shortcuts on S4 and did not notice anything unusual, so how exactly would you suggest R2 approach your browser-related issue? If it's working on the client and the rest of us have no problems with our browsers, then would it not be more likely that it's a problem with the browser?

Comment

well mine is not working on chrome and other people use chrome and theres is working and why would u ask me how they should do their job, your statement right there Rev is exactly what the problem is. R2 doesn't want the responsibility for ANYTHING period unless you hound them night and day like u did with the bugs til they finally fixed it. Now if I had made changes to my system or bought or added new software then like u said its likely an issue with my stuff. but when I play in the morning before work fine and go afk nd come home from work later and all of a sudden the game isn't functioning correctly then its obviously nothing I did as I wasn't even at my laptop to change nything. Plus like I said its NOT a 1 person issue ive located 2 others and will probably find a couple more if I look hard.

Comment

I am asking how you, as a player in need of assistance, believe R2 should approach an issue that none of us nor they are experiencing. It doesn't take much to deduct where the problem lies with R2 attempting to approach a problem that only you are vocalizing; it's quite simple actually. Here's a breakdown for you:

1.) Your shortcut keys aren't working on your browser (the client has no problems).
                    2.) Moderators and R2 test. No issues. 99% of the playerbase playing daily. No issues.

At this point, you will need to resort to filing a ticket so R2 can try to recreate the issue on your toon. Be sure to include the browser version and the OS you are running.
                    Last edited by Reverie; 08-05-2017, 11:55 AM.

Comment

Working...
                    X