Announcement

Collapse

Website Instability

We are aware of the issue with the website being unstable. The issue is currently being worked on. We thank you for your patience in the meantime.
See more
See less

Item durability

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Item durability

What happens when my items' durability drops to zero, will it simply be unusable and can be repaired afterwards to make it usable again or will it totally be useless, needing replacement?

Also, I was wondering if there was a way to lower the prices for repairing, just to repair my fragarach mold took almost 5 gold already plus the whole set about 4 gold for normal repair and master repair costs even more (although permanent).
    Good gaming habits are great for exercising the mind. Over-indulgence is bad for health. Schedule your time properly to enjoy a healthier life. Finally, be wiser in your game spendings.

If your overall durability drops too low, you can't equip that item anymore, and you will have to replace it. Keep in mind a new Fragarach Mold only costs 5 gold from the weapons vendor in Starglade, so you shouldn't pay more than that to repair it, now would I recommend doing anything but a normal repair on the mold, since you can replace it at any time.

Your gear takes a bit hit to the durability when you die, so avoid that as much as possible. If you're going to a place where you know you'll die a lot (outside of a dungeon, of course), unequip things first.

Generally mobs are pretty easy to kill when afk grinding, so you might find it's beneficial to strip down before leaving your toon for the night.
    New R2 Community Discord Server: https://discord.gg/VFMzFDqKq5

Received a random forum error? Refresh the page first, sometimes the error message is the error.

Some inboxes are broken, including mine. Please don't send me private messages at this time.

Rules of the Forum are found here.

R2Games Ticket System for browser games: https://www.r2games.com/support

Comment

Using normal repair will drop your item durability

Comment

Can't get a good reply from my server mates so I hope I get an answer here. Tried master repair earlier on my level 35 staff, turns out it still loses durability after a time. Just want to confirm whether this is a bug or whether master repair is intended for higher level items only.

Comment

Durability is xx/xx. The first xx/ is how much durability your equipment has before it's broken. When that number gets too low, you'll see a shadow figure appear in the upper right corner with a yellow or red item highlighted on it, which tells you that you really need to repair now. This number will reduce slowly while fighting, and reduce by a lot when you die. Equipment with a 0/xx isn't effective, so you can't just run around with broken equipment.

The second /xx is the total durability your equipment has. When you use a normal repair, that number will go down. Using a master repair keep that number the same. If this number gets too low, you won't be able to repair your equipment or re-equip it if you take it off.

Use master repair on equipment you want to keep forever, and use normal repair on the low stuff that you'll be swapping out in a few levels. Remember to take your frag mold off before doing any repairs to save some money.

Received a random forum error? Refresh the page first, sometimes the error message is the error.

Some inboxes are broken, including mine. Please don't send me private messages at this time.

Comment

Thanks MemoryLane for the reply. I see that it is quite complicated as I expected it. Correct me if I am wrong so that means with master repair I will only be able to preserve the total durability of the item, but that does not mean the item will become unbreakable (I thought this was the case before), which means even if I use master repair, I will still need to repair my item in the future.

This is the first time I have encountered this type of system where your item's total durability also wears down. Most games I had, I only have to bother with the first xx.

Comment

Correct. You will forever have to repair your equipment. But, with normal repairs, eventually your durability will wear all the way down and you won't be able to repair again. The second /xx never goes back up. Master repairs keep that second /xx the same.

There are ways to reduce how often you will need to repair, such as taking off the expensive items when grinding for long periods of time, not repairing your frag mold, and stripping down completely in areas where you will die frequently (like crypt and avernal realm for a little while). But, repairing your gear is a part of normal game play in Crystal Saga.
              Last edited by MemoryLane; 08-28-2016, 02:18 AM.

Comment

I've run into this issue and it doesn't seem to work. quote: "Using a master repair keeps that second /xx the same". Does it depend on which browser you're using?

I used master repair on my level 11 Pristine Shining Longbow and nothing happened other than me losing money. And I'd been hoping to gather the Shining set all week for my archer, too, managed to get three pieces. The longbow, the robe, and the gauntlets. I don't remember who drops which pieces of the set, if I knew I'd be able to go try and find them again.

Does it matter if you have gems socketed into the item? Or could it be a server glitch causing it? My archer's on S2, Himeng Valley.

Last edited by R263872201; 09-26-2017, 12:20 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by R263872201 View Post
                  I've run into this issue and it doesn't seem to work. quote: "Using a master repair keeps that second /xx the same". Does it depend on which browser you're using?

I used master repair on my level 11 Pristine Shining Longbow and nothing happened other than me losing money. And I'd been hoping to gather the Shining set all week for my archer, too, managed to get three pieces. The longbow, the robe, and the gauntlets. I don't remember who drops which pieces of the set, if I knew I'd be able to go try and find them again.

Does it matter if you have gems socketed into the item? Or could it be a server glitch causing it? My archer's on S2, Himeng Valley.
                  No it doesn't, are you sure nothing happened? were you already maxed durability and thought you could increase it more? doesn't work, say your bow is 100/100 durability and you do some dungeons ect and now it's 90/100, using a master repair will return it to 100/100 however if you do a normal repair it would go down to 94/94 for example decreasing the overall durability of the item and eventually you'll end up with a weapon with like 5/5 durability which will break after a few minutes of doing anything if you keep doing normal repair so always always master repair as the durability can't be fixed to go back to normal, only for fragarch weapon by upgrading will return the durability back to normal however fragarch weapon is pretty hard to upgrade in this game due to the lack of available dc so ya, always always master!

Plantna or w/e the name is for the first world boss drops shining gear pieces or boxes i forgot which, on cs1 anyway i assume same here
                  'Do transformers get car or life insurance?'

Comment

The only way you would have to actually replace a gear would be if u lowered the durabiility to like 3/3 where it would always be dead after a few minutes play other than that u can run it to 0 durabiloty as much as you want and do a master repair and it will be fine again.

Comment

Working...
                    X