Announcement

Collapse

Website Instability

We are aware of the issue with the website being unstable. The issue is currently being worked on. We thank you for your patience in the meantime.
See more
See less

clarifying Crit DMG calculation

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• clarifying Crit DMG calculation

HI just wanna ask how the critical dmg works..

so if i have 50K PATK and my Crit damage is 400% so my normal attack output critical damage is 200K. (50K x 4 = 200K) is this right?.... please correct me if i'm wrong

thanks.

it depends on the opposing def of the enemy your facing but yes its 200k
    Money is power when you use it for something good

Comment

In each hit can have a 15% damage variance unless all you hits are lucky hits for maximum output, enter to damage calculation too

Comment

hi thanks for the replies...

because i'm just bit confuse. my character (Rouge) have 56kPATK with 407% crit damage, yet when i normal attack any mob in any levels(I.E. jungle roach, barbarian thrusher etc.) i got only 158k output critical damage
        which is not close to expected calculated damage (56K x 4.07 = 227K) and even you deduct the 15% variance i should end up around 190K output damage.

is this because of my character attack animation?, wrong coding,glitch,bug? or maybe a mob got a fixed defense.

please provide me a simple explanation or correct me if my calculations are wrong because i dont really get the maths behind this

thanks.

Comment

the defence stat reduces the dmg u deal to them try using the ignore def skill of rogue and see if the results are around 400k+
          also for an 400% crit dmg the 400% of an 56k is equivalent to 224k dmg
          Last edited by Compileheart; 06-07-2017, 07:56 AM.
          Money is power when you use it for something good

Comment

hi thanks for response

i've tried your suggestion, i used the master assassin's thrust lvl5(the rouge skill that ignore's enemy defense) to a various mobs from lower lvl to higher lvl and i end up with output critical damage of 337k

if your calculation is around 400k+ then i think there must be something wrong because thats around maybe 15%-20% difference in output damage.

if my guess is right that their is something wrong, i hope this will get fix. if not maybe please provide more deeper explanation.

thanks

Comment

It's hard to say, I took my damage and punched it into a calculator. Even though I have 460% crit damage, I was hitting for more than what my attack would be multiplied by. I think there's a slight variance that we don't know about.
              Last edited by risengaw; 06-07-2017, 09:22 PM.
              What are bugs?

Comment

There is a +/- 15% variance in our attacks
                Defending the Undefendable is a form of insanity. This world has gone crazy.

Comment

hi

well i did some hitting in the mobs again and again.. it came out same constant critical damage output of 158K which is no where near my calculation of 227k (PATK=56K x CRIT DMG=407%) thats 30% in difference

even u put the +/- 15% variance that u saying, it still wont add up. (227k - 15% = 192K) (227k + 15% = 261K)

so im really thinking how 56KPATK with 407% CRIT DMG is = 158k yet when u apply basic maths with the help of calculator giving you different answer and its no way near. there must be logical explanation on this and pretty sure its not hard to understand

Comment

This is assuming it's the same as how the calculation work on csI. So can take it with a grain of salt.
                    If you don't mind me asking, is this with auto attack or? Since auto attack is about 70% of the attack of your main attack. Either way if that's the case, if what you're attacking has no defence, then it'll be something like this:

A = your current attack
                    A% = the attack percent of the skill. Thus, using knight's valiant slash, it states(at level 5) 39% attack increase + 229. (I believe the +229 is applied to your attack. so if you had 56k it'd be 56,229 for your A)
                    C = Your crit damage
                    L = Lucky strike. If it procs it'll be 0.15, if it doesn't it'll be 0.
                    T = total damage

Thus total damage should be(or roughly be if I'm right):

[A * A% * C] + [A * A% * C * L] = T

or

[A * A% * C] = T1 then T= T1 + (T1*L)

So using the method above, not sure if it was a lucky strike(if it was should be different.) So assuming it's not:

[56,000 * .7 * 4.07] = 159,544. Then T = 159,544 + (159,544 * 0) -> T = 159,544.

Hope it helps.

Note: If you happen to get the system legend gem, LOA, in a percent, will apply at the end of the damage. So the calculation would be:

[A * A% * C] + [A * A% * C * (L+ LOA)] = T

or

[A * A% * C] = T1 then T= T1 + (T1* [L + LOA])

Comment

Actually AP also affects the damage output even on PvE, despite of..most? mobs not having any defence value.

Comment

Originally posted by reinviting View Post
                        This is assuming it's the same as how the calculation work on csI. So can take it with a grain of salt.
                        If you don't mind me asking, is this with auto attack or? Since auto attack is about 70% of the attack of your main attack. Either way if that's the case, if what you're attacking has no defence, then it'll be something like this:

A = your current attack
                        A% = the attack percent of the skill. Thus, using knight's valiant slash, it states(at level 5) 39% attack increase + 229. (I believe the +229 is applied to your attack. so if you had 56k it'd be 56,229 for your A)
                        C = Your crit damage
                        L = Lucky strike. If it procs it'll be 0.15, if it doesn't it'll be 0.
                        T = total damage

Thus total damage should be(or roughly be if I'm right):

[A * A% * C] + [A * A% * C * L] = T

or

[A * A% * C] = T1 then T= T1 + (T1*L)

So using the method above, not sure if it was a lucky strike(if it was should be different.) So assuming it's not:

[56,000 * .7 * 4.07] = 159,544. Then T = 159,544 + (159,544 * 0) -> T = 159,544.

Hope it helps.

Note: If you happen to get the system legend gem, LOA, in a percent, will apply at the end of the damage. So the calculation would be:

[A * A% * C] + [A * A% * C * (L+ LOA)] = T

or

[A * A% * C] = T1 then T= T1 + (T1* [L + LOA])
                        hi sir

first yes im just referring to auto attack (normal attack)

if you say normal attack is only 70% of my main attack then it makes sense. after all

i thought it will be 100% of my PATK(56k) multiplied by my crit dmg (4.07) since im just attacking a mob which they have only 0 defense

thanks for the reply and explanation

Comment

Working...
                        X