Gold Spammers

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gold Spammers

Dev's can you nip this in the bud before it gets out of control? Before it destroys the economy a.k.a. the game?
    Thank you
    Dilly & Dally Are Strange Bedfellows

They are quick to delete those when they are found, it just requires a quick screenshot in a ticket. It would be nice if everyone would report them as they see them, but there hasn't been an effective way to prevent them from being here entirely.

The devs did seem open to suggestions when I was reporting a few of them, but I couldn't think of anything that would work long term without hindering legitimate players coming into the game.
    New R2 Community Discord Server: https://discord.gg/VFMzFDqKq5

Received a random forum error? Refresh the page first, sometimes the error message is the error.

Some inboxes are broken, including mine. Please don't send me private messages at this time.

Rules of the Forum are found here.

R2Games Ticket System for browser games: https://www.r2games.com/support

Comment

Is the "report" feature in chat not working?
      Apologies, but it is not my job, responsibility or wish to spend any of my time reporting gold spammers. My responsibility is to play the game and have fun.
      R2Games cash shop prices are outrageous surely they can afford to spend a little time in game each day to weed out the gold spammers to make for a pleasant gaming experience
      for R2Games customers hmmm?

No, I am not being nasty merely making a point. And thank you for response.
      Dilly & Dally Are Strange Bedfellows

Comment

The report feature in chat doesn't work like that. Worst case scenario is an automatic short mute and only if the threshold of reports has been reached.

It's all of our jobs to help keep the servers we play on enjoyable for us, whether it be reporting a bug or reporting bad people. There's no chat logs, so without sitting in a server and staring at chat for the entire day, it's impossible to know who is spamming without someone sending in a ticket with a quick screenshot of the chat. There's not enough staff to able to do absolutely nothing but read chat, and the way the ingame roles are written, it's not possible to allow people to volunteer to be chat moderators. The only thing we, as players, can do is police the chat ourselves and utilize the ticket system, or we can choose to ignore it.
        New R2 Community Discord Server: https://discord.gg/VFMzFDqKq5

Received a random forum error? Refresh the page first, sometimes the error message is the error.

Some inboxes are broken, including mine. Please don't send me private messages at this time.

Rules of the Forum are found here.

R2Games Ticket System for browser games: https://www.r2games.com/support

Comment

Originally posted by jeliarra View Post
          Is the "report" feature in chat not working?
          Apologies, but it is not my job, responsibility or wish to spend any of my time reporting gold spammers. My responsibility is to play the game and have fun.
          R2Games cash shop prices are outrageous surely they can afford to spend a little time in game each day to weed out the gold spammers to make for a pleasant gaming experience
          for R2Games customers hmmm?

No, I am not being nasty merely making a point. And thank you for response.
          This is a free-to-play game. In a pay-to-play game, the company knows how much money they're making each month and can figure out when it's financially a good deal to dedicate specific employees to solving specific issues. In a free to play, they don't have that luxury, and they need to maximize the time the developers put in on things like fixing bugs, creating new content, and other stuff that makes money for the company. Gold you collect in game does not equate to money going in to their pockets, only the crystal you buy does. Community policing is the best way to fix problems that are being caused by players. If you personally don't want to do that, that's fine, but maybe try asking for more Game Sages/moderators instead of saying it's not your job, which makes you come off as a little entitled.

Comment

Working...
          X