Auction house and dungeon blitz possibilities

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Auction house and dungeon blitz possibilities

Two suggestions, one an Auction House system and and two dungeon blitzing. For the Auction House system it could be modeled after the one used in Eternal Saga, list a particular item you want, set the price you want and send form in. Person sees your request in the system, and depending on whether you are buying or selling actions are taken accordingly. For instance if you are selling an item in the Auction House and someone buys it, then the person who bought it from you, according to whether the item was set up for platinum, gold, silver, or copper, gets sent over to the person who was selling the item. An example would be if I put Heroic Wings in the Auction House for say 1 gold, and someone who is looking for Heroic Wings decides to buy my wings from the Auction House
    then 1 gold would go from their char to mine and they would get the Heroic Wing I sold and I the 1 gold that was the set amount for the item. Also maybe a message or notification system kinda like how some other r2games have could make this more safe. I.E. the one gold from player b would be sent via message to me and the Heroic Wing would be sent to them in the same way. Or something along those lines. Also maybe set a set amount of crystal or certain amount of silver to announce said items in system chat in red, like some of the events. Well what if someone spams it? Well instead of it being like the heraldy runes and it spamming chat after each purple and up maybe something along the lines of "So in so has sent items to the Auction House, check them out while you can!"
    Now another thing about this is that by spending crystal or certain amounts in game currency players could set items to stay a certain amount of time in the auction house. I.e a player sending Heroic Wings to the Auction House and say paying 25 crystal to have the items stay there for 10 hours, 50 for 24 hours, 150 for 48 hours and so forth or maybe like 1 gold for 10 hours, 5 for 24 hours and so on,and as an added bonus maybe VIPs can do this all free once per day depending on their VIP levels or something. "Well where would the items I buy from Auction House go?" Well it'd be your inventory. "Well what if my main inventory is full?" Then your temporary inventory. "Well what if both are full?" Then why not make it similar to dungeon drops. You don't pick anymore up until space is cleared to do so.
    Use that concept for this as well. Player A sells something in AH, player B tries to buy it but can't because of inventory space. No currency or goods are traded till the one buying the goods has the adequate amount of space needed, this way currency isn't sent to player A but due to lack of space Player B doesn't get the goods as well as loses out on their currency spent.

Now for the blitz suggestion. This is also a suggestion from Eternal Sagas blitz option. So you are short on time, not enough to do all the events and what not and still do every single dungeon run in the game. Well why not offer the option to blitz said dungeons. In Eternal Saga to blitz dungeons you have to be one a certain level, two be a certain VIP level or the alternative method to number two being paying a certain sum to do so. This is a concept that I believe that would work well in CS2. For instance maybe after a certain VIP level players can have the option to blitz dungeons or for non VIPs they can pay a certain amount of crystal to do so. Maybe the blitz option counts all five runs of a particular dungeon as one whole blitz. Example: Say you wanna blitz Nirvana Nightmare, and lets say VIP 3 can do one dungeon blitz a day. So for that one dungeon blitz you get free every day
    because of your VIP level you use on Nirvana Nightmare. Well all 5 Nightmare runs from Nirvana count as one dungeon blitz. After that if you want to blitz more pay crystal or be a certain VIP level to get more chances to do so. The dungeon drops could be weighted or randomized similar to if you actually ran through the dungeons manually, two times drop tokens, two times drop special event and the increased drop rate titles and etc. could be accounted for when used. "Well what if I don't want to blitz dungeons?" That's fine why not make it a player option to either blitz or do it manually. Also why not add certain blitz requirements like to blitz Psy dungeon you have to be level 80 or something in that regard.

-Thoughts and opinions sought after,
    fflord
    Crystal Saga
    Server:Green Plains
    IGN:fflord
    Level:158
    Class:Priest Hybrid
    Pet:Gen 5 Firelord
    Mount: Doombringer

Server 73 Zookeeper

The [apparently censored name of the auction guy] was suppose to be the auction system. It's forever broken, and to be totally honest, I don't see them fixing that.

As much as I would love a blitz system, and I was thinking the other day how lovely it would be to blitz the dungeon I've been running solo for ever, and tired of the running... One of the requirements for blitzing would obviously be clearing that dungeon mode. However, some people can't solo a dungeon. I don't think people who can't solo a dungeon should be able to then blitz a dungeon on their own, mostly because of how easy it would be to drag an army of alts through, all of which would be able to blitz. I don't see how the game would be able to differentiate between the people who solo and the people who still need to party in order for a blitz system to not be an inherently broken system.
    Last edited by MemoryLane; 09-17-2016, 11:08 PM. Reason: my english seemed to be broken here
    New R2 Community Discord Server: https://discord.gg/VFMzFDqKq5

Received a random forum error? Refresh the page first, sometimes the error message is the error.

Some inboxes are broken, including mine. Please don't send me private messages at this time.

Rules of the Forum are found here.

R2Games Ticket System for browser games: https://www.r2games.com/support

Comment

Well answered. One way to counter that would be to give a blitz option to players of VIP X + so as to stop people abusing it with alts.

Comment

It could be a quest to unlock the dungeon blitz, u can get it on the dungeon npc.
        Example:

Clear Nirvana Dungeon on Quest mode 0/10.

Quest mode would be the same as nightmare, only different thing would be that u can only enter without party, that way u cant cheat it and use alts right?
        Also, 10 times to make it take more than one run since letting anyone blitz a dungeon with only one run would make it very easy.

Comment

This is an old thread, but I would like to have these suggestions forwarded, especially dungeon blitzing. Right now, the sheer amount of daily dungeons/activities that you need to do in CS2 is too overwhelming and too time consuming. If your toon is not someone who can one-shot high level bosses/mobs/elites, then all the more. I'll give you a breakdown of what I need to do daily. I need Exelorn Hollows for g-muts, DE, so that's 5 runs (not counting VIP). I need psychodelica as well for patron tributes, polish notes, gears for refines, energy particle, etc., another 5 runs. I need evil beast sanctuary as well for frag materials and other rare drops, 5 runs. I also need to do celestial sky ring, krait grotto, and palace ruins (can't do level 145 dungeons yet). That's about 25 to 30 runs already (per day). On top of all these, I need to do corruption, ladder, void, public dungeon, frag dungeon, and chamber of fate as well. Eventually, this repetitive cycle becomes too much for anyone to keep up and becomes a boring task over time. My current toon is not strong enough to breeze through all these runs and it takes a good amount of time just doing all these. Sometimes, I just want to play casually and enjoy the game and not be burdened by how many more runs and how much more time I need to spend to complete the runs. I don't see how endless farming for items with poor drop rate is fun in anyway.

Blitz will help a lot to ease the burden. Of course, as mentioned above, you have to be able to run the dungeon and complete it first to be able to blitz it later on. I don't see any problems with the drops as most drops are bound anyway. Drop rate adapts the same probability as when running the dungeon manually. Been playing loads of games that employ the blitz feature and I don't see it being abused on said games.

CS2 would be much more fun if it can cater to both hardcore and casual players, so I hope the devs can consider this.
          Last edited by ImpenetrableWall; 02-05-2018, 09:38 PM.
          Good gaming habits are great for exercising the mind. Over-indulgence is bad for health. Schedule your time properly to enjoy a healthier life. Finally, be wiser in your game spendings.

Comment

been suggested on cs1 as well years ago, wont happen sadly.

Originally posted by MemoryLane View Post
            The [apparently censored name of the auction guy] was suppose to be the auction system. It's forever broken, and to be totally honest, I don't see them fixing that.

As much as I would love a blitz system, and I was thinking the other day how lovely it would be to blitz the dungeon I've been running solo for ever, and tired of the running... One of the requirements for blitzing would obviously be clearing that dungeon mode. However, some people can't solo a dungeon. I don't think people who can't solo a dungeon should be able to then blitz a dungeon on their own, mostly because of how easy it would be to drag an army of alts through, all of which would be able to blitz. I don't see how the game would be able to differentiate between the people who solo and the people who still need to party in order for a blitz system to not be an inherently broken system.
            no it wouldn't cuz how would alts who cant fight bosses 1v1 be able to fight all the bosses ect at once?
            'Do transformers get car or life insurance?'

Comment

Originally posted by xPrototypeT View Post
              no it wouldn't cuz how would alts who cant fight bosses 1v1 be able to fight all the bosses ect at once?
              You would just leave the alts at the door while you beat the boss with a toon that has no issues doing so. There was mention of blitzing all 5 runs at the same time, but not about having to fight anything while doing so.

Blitzing dungeons was never something the devs considered adding to the game. It's still a terrible idea that would produce a broken system, or ruin the economy as the entire drop table would have to be bound.
              New R2 Community Discord Server: https://discord.gg/VFMzFDqKq5

Received a random forum error? Refresh the page first, sometimes the error message is the error.

Some inboxes are broken, including mine. Please don't send me private messages at this time.

Rules of the Forum are found here.

R2Games Ticket System for browser games: https://www.r2games.com/support

Comment

You would just leave the alts at the door while you beat the boss with a toon that has no issues doing so. There was mention of blitzing all 5 runs at the same time, but not about having to fight anything while doing so.

Blitzing dungeons was never something the devs considered adding to the game. It's still a terrible idea that would produce a broken system, or ruin the economy as the entire drop table would have to be bound.
                I understand the point about trading system being abused, but I am not really sure how blitzing would ruin the game economy. Majority of the important drops are bound now anyway and if there are still any that needs to be bound, should be, when blitz system is considered. Another thing is that the dungeon (difficuly modes included) needs to be cleared first manually, before blitzing becomes available. I don't see how low level or undergeared alts can solo higher level dungeons and abuse/dupe the drops.

The reason why I raised this suggestion really was to save time, not to find more ways that can be abused in-game. Most of us work and study, hence don't have the luxury of time doing all runs. As above, all these activities take several hours for me to complete (with my toon), this ruins the fun as it is too repetitive and takes a lot of my time. I can play for a limited amount of time, but I won't be able to build my toon properly that way 'coz I would miss doing the important runs.

So really apart from blitzing, I don't know what else can help progress dungeon farming. Kinda sad as this can help progress CS2 further and keep up with newer-released browser games, but I guess that's just wishful thinking.
                Last edited by ImpenetrableWall; 02-06-2018, 07:33 PM.
                Good gaming habits are great for exercising the mind. Over-indulgence is bad for health. Schedule your time properly to enjoy a healthier life. Finally, be wiser in your game spendings.

Comment

im guessing we have different ideas about what blitzing dungeon would be like? cuz why use alts in same pt as a char that can solo it? the alts wouldn't be there for anything cuz still same loot as doing with the single char that can solo O.o

blitzing = enter dungeon which is a single small room with all bosses inside so can aoe and kill all at once, how im picturing it.

it's a great idea tho and how to ruin an economy on servers with like 10 players lol, yes have it bound, we only care about farming the imbue stones, polish ect easier anyway
                  'Do transformers get car or life insurance?'

Comment

I agree i dont see a whole lot of ways it could be done without causing issues of abuse and we dont need more of that in cs2 i think we reached our quota.
                    Defending the Undefendable is a form of insanity. This world has gone crazy.

Comment

Originally posted by briansid1981 View Post
                      I agree i dont see a whole lot of ways it could be done without causing issues of abuse and we dont need more of that in cs2 i think we reached our quota.
                      Care to elaborate in what way blitzing dungeons would be abused? True, CS2 already had a fair share of abuses since that dreaded duping fiasco, pet sacrifice abuse, gold duping, and mall mmo (reason why I left for a while), but I can't really get how blitzing would affect and ruin gameplay. Please share your insight on this, so that I may understand your points.

Btw, here's how I understand blitzing. Blitzing unlocks once a dungeon has been cleared, be it normal, hard, or nightmare difficulty. Naturally for this to happen, you have to meet that specific dungeon's level requirement as well. Blitzing is done on a single-player basis. You can't do parties when initiating a blitz, rather I have never seen a blitz with a full party in all games that I play with the blitzing feature. The drops follow the same set probability as when running the dungeon manually. If say the drop rate of an item is 1%, it will be the same when blitzing the dungeon, still 1%. There's a limit to how many times a specific dungeon can be blitzed, usually 5x daily, and in some games that I play, you even pay a fee to do blitz. You can do blitz while doing something else. Some games even offer to speed up blitz as a VIP benefit. This saves time in the long run.

At least this is how I envision blitzing here in CS2, but seeing that the chinese version of CS, from which this game was based on, has closed down already (not to mention the devs' laziness), this will not likely happen. I was just concerned that this game being based on a 2011-2012 design, ought to do some improvements on gameplay to keep up with the games that we have now currently. Well, like I said on my above post, its wishful thinking.

Comment

There could be a blitz mode that you'd have to run solo manually to unlock a blitz option. That would prevent the people not strong enough being able to blitz a dungeon or creating alts to blitz dungeons. Once you beat the blitz solo manual option, you can then blitz that dungeon. I know everyone is just trying to help improve the game, but I know none of this will ever be added. Settle for what we have or find another game. That's just the way it is so I'm not even sure why there is a game suggestions page when nothing in it will ever be added. I guess for more of a community thing.

Comment

I'm kinda wondering about that as well. Seems only popular suggestions gets forwarded to the devs for consideration and if anything, the suggestions considered are just what the old CS1 have, nothing suggested that is ever new is getting implemented. This game won't go forward that way.

Was actually hyphed coming back to CS2 thinking it had turned better in the months I had left and that there are more players now, but sadly, I was mistaken. Guess its time to leave this game for good. Was fun while it lasted.

Comment

Working...
                          X