Announcement

Collapse

Website Instability

We are aware of the issue with the website being unstable. The issue is currently being worked on. We thank you for your patience in the meantime.
See more
See less

German Server for Crystal Saga or atleast GMT +1

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• German Server for Crystal Saga or atleast GMT +1

So, this is something that got requested serveral times in the last 3 years, or basically since the german servers for Crystal Saga closed and i dont really now what speaks against it.
    We currently have over 30 ( Edit : i dont know where the heck i got 30 from, but i´ve meant 20, to be exact 21 ) servers for Crystal Saga 2 and it shouldn´t be too hard to realeas one with GMT+1 time.
    It doesn´t has to be a german one but atleast a server with GMT+1, GMT+0 or even GMT+2.
    One hour difference wouldn´t be too bad, sure, people would miss some events, but it´s way more comfortable then having GMT-5 aka. 6 hours difference.
    The only real problem i can see is, that it wouldn´t be possible to merge that server with others since that would screw up the time for said server, which would defy the reason for that server to even exist.
    Otherwise i can just say please do it, the server doesn´t need to be german, french or whatever language, it would be totally fine if it would be english, but please make one with a different time zone so a lot of europe players have an easier time playing Crystal Saga 2.
    Bad idea, not reasonable.
    0%
    Doesn´t sound to bad.
    0%
    Sounds fine, should give it a try.
    100.00%
    Last edited by R273858885; 08-17-2017, 10:52 AM.

i think its a good idea, if it doen't work with (CS1) than (CS2) should work at least

Comment

Only 21 servers to date for CS2, otherwise, this is a good idea. Please support it.

Comment

The reasoning behind the lack of diversity among server timezones has to do with legalities, to be specific, licensing. R2 holds licenses to host certain timezoned servers per game (E.G. they are only licensed to host US servers for CS). They can't just freely launch servers per request of the playerbase because there will be legal repercussions.
        Last edited by Reverie; 08-17-2017, 09:24 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Reverie View Post
          The reasoning behind the lack of diversity among server timezones has to do with legalities, to be specific, licensing. R2 holds licenses to host certain timezoned servers per game (E.G. they are only licensed to host US servers for CS). They can't just freely launch servers per request of the playerbase because there will be legal repercussions.
          They owned them once, they likely dont own them anymore but as of right now because it would cost way to much keeping those rights for over allmost 3 years without launching a server. I dont think anyone owns them as of right now, i´m not sure but i think so.

Comment

Originally posted by R273858885 View Post

They owned them once, they likely dont own them anymore but as of right now because it would cost way to much keeping those rights for over allmost 3 years without launching a server. I dont think anyone owns them as of right now, i´m not sure but i think so.
            Simply because no one owns them does not mean R2 can freely launch a server. They have to hold an actual license permitting them to.

Comment

Working...
            X