Remove Reverie as forum Mod please

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Remove Reverie as forum Mod please

This isn't a bash post this post coming from a long time gamer here if you see the creation date, this Reverie girl is despicable, shes sarcastic, nasty and disrespectful to forum members and you give her permission to punish people for using bad words lol. Are you this blind Memory Lane or just don't care like your bosses. She doesn't communicate suggestions, she CLEARLY favors people in arguments who kiss her butt, I wont be surprised if she claims that statement as sexual harassment, Heres a hint get someone unbiased who wants to be here and who doesn't get high off the silly tiny bit of power that he has in this dead forum that no one comes to because of the mods, you as leader memory should be trying to put a quality product here for R2 and you are failing in your job as far as I'm concerned and I'm sure as far as many people are concerned from what I see around here lately. You both need to grow up are either of you even adults????

On the topic of being an adult, the adult thing to do when there's an issue with a moderator is to come to me or go to R2 through ticket, and R2 will come to me. You are welcome to pm with links to specific posts that you find objectionable, and I will review the situation.

No one is punished for voicing their opinions about the game or R2. But, you do need to follow the rules when voicing your opinions. All popular suggestions and feedback are forwarded. All appropriately posted bugs are forwarded. Reasonable questions are forwarded for answers.

This forum isn't dead because of the moderators. It's dead because all anyone ever posts is complaints, and constantly reading complaints gets old real quick.

On the topic of getting someone unbiased who wants to be here - perhaps you will like Iskandar, our newest mod for CS2. Aside from Iskandar, the last person who applied to be a mod for CS2 was in August, and was an applicant I had to deny. Not a whole lot of options, you know. Without Reverie and Iskandar, you have no mod. There are too many games for me to oversee all of them personally, so I definitely wouldn't be forwarding anything that wasn't an emergency, and I appreciate the effort Reverie still puts into this game.
    New R2 Community Discord Server: https://discord.gg/VFMzFDqKq5

Received a random forum error? Refresh the page first, sometimes the error message is the error.

Some inboxes are broken, including mine. Please don't send me private messages at this time.

Rules of the Forum are found here.

R2Games Ticket System for browser games: https://www.r2games.com/support

Comment

I myself have times that I dont like Reveries responses sometimes, but come on, give him/her a credit that hes/shes just doing the job she/he was assigned to. Dont blame it on her/him if R2 cant give us satisfaction in game. Their job is to only assist us. Dont put the blame on him/her.

Comment

Originally posted by MemoryLane View Post
        On the topic of being an adult, the adult thing to do when there's an issue with a moderator is to come to me or go to R2 through ticket, and R2 will come to me. You are welcome to pm with links to specific posts that you find objectionable, and I will review the situation.

No one is punished for voicing their opinions about the game or R2. But, you do need to follow the rules when voicing your opinions. All popular suggestions and feedback are forwarded. All appropriately posted bugs are forwarded. Reasonable questions are forwarded for answers.

This forum isn't dead because of the moderators. It's dead because all anyone ever posts is complaints, and constantly reading complaints gets old real quick.

On the topic of getting someone unbiased who wants to be here - perhaps you will like Iskandar, our newest mod for CS2. Aside from Iskandar, the last person who applied to be a mod for CS2 was in August, and was an applicant I had to deny. Not a whole lot of options, you know. Without Reverie and Iskandar, you have no mod. There are too many games for me to oversee all of them personally, so I definitely wouldn't be forwarding anything that wasn't an emergency, and I appreciate the effort Reverie still puts into this game.
        the issue is that people dont apply to be mods because they would most likely be denied for not having enough previous presence within the forum. i only have 14 posts under my name but thats because i have nothing to say in response to alot of the questions here that havent been answered already but im almost ALWAYS on the forum looking and reading. you should maybe invite some of the more influential forum members to be mods instead of waiting for someone to respond. the worst that could happen is that you get a no, or you get a yes and they abuse it by being sarcastic snarky because there arent any consequences (talking about Reverie)

just my two cents on the situation

(s15) Axinemesis
        Knight
        Lvl 100:230
        Vip6
        Last edited by Reverie; 12-31-2017, 07:36 PM. Reason: Language.
        Axinemesis
        Lvl100:230
        Savior Knight
        Vip 6

Comment

It started out as a 'hey, wanna be a mod?' and everyone said 'nope, I couldn't stand to be bashed constantly'. So, since just about everyone who was asked had the same sentiment, it turned into if you want to be a mod, you let me know, and we'll talk about it. And you're right, 14 posts in 2 and a half years isn't enough to show that you are an active member of the forum community. There's been plenty of conversations to participate in, plenty of people had game play questions, plenty of bugs need to be reported. There's no reason to have a low post count, if you're wanting to be in a position that requires frequent posting.

Sometimes Reverie's posts are read into a little too much. It's text, and any text can be taken however you want it to, depending on how you read it. Try reading most of what she posts without assuming malice as you're reading it. She's actually pretty nice when people aren't bashing her because they choose to fight her instead of just do as requested. As I said, you don't have to like us, you just need to follow the rules, and supply us with information when we ask for it. It's when people fight us for doing what we need to do to make your game play better, that we start having issues.

Received a random forum error? Refresh the page first, sometimes the error message is the error.

Some inboxes are broken, including mine. Please don't send me private messages at this time.

Comment

That right there summed it up, its not her text, the majority of this forum knows she use it as her own little stress reliever and responds snotty and sarcastically time after time after time, im the what 3rd person now on just this thread saying it and 3 people is probably 20% of this forum at the current status because the only thing you get out of mods, is the occasonal bug report, no suggestions, snotty remarks, and a zillion edited and locked posts, so tell me why would a community want to gather i a place where they cant voice there opinion without a certain mod being rude or twisting the interpretations of a post so she can lock it or infract on someone cause we know she does it time nd again and again, Remeber ole Delta sigma, granted he was about as active as a corpse but you never saw or heard of him locking, editing or deleting posts, handing out infractions for anything he didnt like. When you iron it all out the bottom line is that some people are just better people than others, and some people use their authority in places like this to get over nd thats happening here whether you wish to continue denying it or not. And to speak on your statement of you gys making game play better, please give me an approximation of how many players suggestions that have been posted here that you guys communicated to the "TEAM" if you can really call them that cause a team actually works together to bring about a positive result and we havent seen that in a year. had the same level cap now almost a year. They think it takes us a year to go up 20 levels meanwhile they require elite level 800 for level 4 elite skills so by R2 math ill need to be cryogenically frozen and play after death to meet their requirements. Maybe if you guys consistently communicated to them how disgusted everyone is here then you might actually help enact some positive changes when all this forum is really used for is Reveries playground and entertainment. $10 bucks says she makes a snide remark to this post.
            Last edited by briansid1981; 01-02-2018, 09:33 PM.
            Defending the Undefendable is a form of insanity. This world has gone crazy.

Comment

In the interest of full transparency:

The past couple of weeks have been all about repeating the same bug reports, because they aren't getting fixed. We spent hours just explaining why Tauren as a defensive pet with 10% absorption didn't make sense, so imagine that on a real bug. Looking through the chat history, I feel like most of the weekly events have had issues on both versions for the past few weeks. Reverie and Iskandar have been fowarding bug reports as they come in, and forwarding them again after maintenance when they haven't been fixed, and asking for updates because we aren't getting them. It's us versus them in chat, and then we get the joy of it being us versus you here. It's a good thing we care more about the game itself than a few who choose to constantly bicker with us on the forum and the constant stalemating we come to in the chat with the team.

Wisdom being available other ways than cashing has been forwarded 3 times.
              Adding wings and mounts was forwarded, and as a result we got high priced mounts - gotta be more careful about suggestions in the future.
              Increasing the level cap has been forwarded. This is frequently forwarded, even without a post asking for it.
              Rebirth doesn't exist here, we have the Elite system in this version, team says no rebirths.
              'Fixing ingame messages' regarding needing to be dismounted or in/out a party when entering things - they can't do anything about that.
              Server merges aren't up for suggestion, never have been, but we forward those requests anyway.

Any suggestion that questions anyone's intelligence or is half bashing, we skip. If you want to make a suggestion, make a suggestion. If you want to make a hateful bash post, make a hateful bash post, just make sure to check for profanity because you are already on a fine line there. They shouldn't be the same post. Suggestions are like business proposals. There is no business where you can walk in and call them stupid and then demand they do something. You will be shown the door. That's pretty much how it works here too.

Any suggestion sitting with 0 posts, or has a couple posts but they are from alt accounts is not a suggestion we can forward. If there's 10 of you on the forum, at least half of you should be able to drop by a suggestion you agree with and let us know you agree with it, or add something to it to flesh it out.

Just because we don't see things added to the game doesn't mean we aren't forwarding them, and by we, I mean Reverie, and now Iskandar, since I don't forward things for games I have mods on. I just back them up as needed in the chat. Not all suggestions will be possible, and sometimes suggestions that are possible aren't a current priority (see bug reports, above).

This thread was posted immediately following the banning of someone who crossed the line, and was asked to stop, and instead of stopping, proceeded to make matters worse. It escalated quickly because of the nature of the comment, which I can see in it's original version and will never be a comment that I will ever let slide, regardless of who it was made toward, and because of threats made to spam that followed, and I will always go after people who make threats. Reverie is taking the blame, but I was the one who jumped into the middle of that and called for the ban of that person, and several alts, and I just learned that it can extend to the game account in serious situations, such as when someone won't stop spamming the forum. The rules here are so lenient that most people can post whatever is on their mind and wouldn't even come close to breaking a single rule. Then there's a few special sorts who go way too far even after being told where the line is. It's a forum for a video game. It's not that serious.

I helped create the rules here. I decided how they would be enforced. I decided the infraction points. I decided how long bans are for. I was the one who escalated the last few bans. If you have an issue with the rules or how they are enforced, then your issue is not with Reverie, it's with me. If you'd prefer the nasty and snide comments to come from me, I can definitely make Reverie look like an angel. Or, you can all review the rules again, review the various sticky threads I've posted in the various sub sections, play nice, and we can all go back to hating the game devs together.

And you owe Rev $10.

Comment

Working...
              X