Announcement

Collapse

Website Instability

We are aware of the issue with the website being unstable. The issue is currently being worked on. We thank you for your patience in the meantime.
See more
See less

[New Permanent Event] The Treasure Trove

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Holy~Kitty
    replied
    Just like Survival of the Fittest, if they made it a PvP event (well you can use the skills you get but doesn't really kill people), tons of people would have complained. But no, SOTF isn't as bad as Treasure Trove so rarely do people complain about it

Bottom line, remove PvP in Treasure Trove, coz yes "it favors the already OP players", thereby increasing gap between players.

Leave a comment:

• elsage
    replied
    if nd plane pass on this event, then i, st plane shall pass too

Leave a comment:

• SkyRaZoR
    replied
    Gahh armor takes dmg...I'll pass on this event >.<"

Leave a comment:

• jcatlin2
    replied
    Ok great event 1 problem to much going on at that time weddings crypt worldbosses Land Grab gator avernal can we think about doing it at 1030 after last nimbus or another time when not so much going on or even twice a day ther is no events between rest and 10 (first nibmus) and then til 1pm server time lets manage the time a little better

Leave a comment:

• Saisaishi
    replied
    I was wondering if it was just the 10g or it also cost crystal to open the chest. I'm happy I read some of the comments to see.

Leave a comment:

• R2288716
    replied
    Originally posted by sebastian1988 View Post
    Imagine a new server that only has 1 scion or 1 eidolon, those people wouldn't be able to complete the quest.
    There would be a few possible ways to deal with the issue.

#1 Remove the entire PvP from it.
    #2 Make it like seng and add balancer buffs and remove durability loss. Also prevent that people fall down to floor 1.

But both wouldn't be that good at all. So I prefer:

#3 Make it like tamalan. Everyone is just as good as everyone else and give them a few skills like in survival. No one will be op, people can pick up fights. Plane doesn't matter.

Or remove PvP from all floors above floor 1. People will go on after they got their kills on floor 1 because they want to finish this event.
    Removing PvP will most likely yield the best results over all. It would require the least amount of work to re-program and it would eliminate spawn killing. Removing the dur-break will not stop spawn killing which is only gonna be a problem till it is removed. This will in doubt put a serious buzz kill on the people that are pampered campers and like killing people, but that is the biggest problem and those people are the problem. Removing pvp from this event will solve the most issues. They can keep the 10g fee, but they must remove pvp for the best results.

Leave a comment:

• hotzhotz
    replied
    By the sounds of this thread.... I don't think something will be happening soon. lol. All the events will always have their ups and downs but they should consider the fact that "not all players are equal"... I guess this event is more of a challenge for all users (insert irony here) lol.

Leave a comment:

• sebastian1988
    replied
    Originally posted by hotzhotz View Post
    This is a good event, but except for the fact that strong people are killing the weak and within 2 minutes, all my armor break... It cost more for this event than the outcome of it. PVP is fun but maybe you should have it where mortals can only attack mortals, scions can only attack scion and so on. If strong people are killing the weak, then it will be in their favor to win the race as well.
    Imagine a new server that only has 1 scion or 1 eidolon, those people wouldn't be able to complete the quest.
    There would be a few possible ways to deal with the issue.

#1 Remove the entire PvP from it.
    #2 Make it like seng and add balancer buffs and remove durability loss. Also prevent that people fall down to floor 1.

But both wouldn't be that good at all. So I prefer:

#3 Make it like tamalan. Everyone is just as good as everyone else and give them a few skills like in survival. No one will be op, people can pick up fights. Plane doesn't matter.

Or remove PvP from all floors above floor 1. People will go on after they got their kills on floor 1 because they want to finish this event.

Leave a comment:

• hotzhotz
    replied
    This is a good event, but except for the fact that strong people are killing the weak and within 2 minutes, all my armor break... It cost more for this event than the outcome of it. PVP is fun but maybe you should have it where mortals can only attack mortals, scions can only attack scion and so on. If strong people are killing the weak, then it will be in their favor to win the race as well.

Leave a comment:

• CloudySage
    replied
    This aint a new server thread...

Leave a comment:

• charles38
    replied
    New Server....

i want New Server....plzzz....ty G.M

Leave a comment:

• sebastian1988
    replied
    Originally posted by MemoryLane View Post
    I was watching chat. The number of people having fun far outweighed the number of people complaining. A lot of people on my server complain about getting killed by other players anywhere, since we are pve, but most enjoy this type of pvp since what's the point in developing your character past the mortal stage if it's not to see if you can kill other players?

As of right now, we have 5 lvl 100 eidolons, and I assure you, they did not dominate the event.
    That is because your server is apparently underdeveloped. Are there even any huge casher on your server? You might need to expierence to be killed all over again until you do realize that this is actually an issue. Just because this works fine on your server doesn't mean that it works fine on all.

Give it a week, then see how many people are giving the same feedback- everyone complains about events, temporary or permanent, at first. If you read through the thread, you'll see the first 7 pages are from before people could even enter the event. Those don't count- how can anyone know they won't like something before they try it? From the 8th page on, most of the complaints are about losing durability, followed by it being a pvp zone. After that, the complaints are about the 10g entry fee. A small number of people feel that it's an event for eidolons so it isn't fair (but that gets said about any area with pvp). And last, people think a detailed guide should have accompanied the release.
    And as you can see, people complained even more AFTER they expierenced treasure trove. It is not too hard to predict the outcome of events.
    It's not that the complaints on the first 7 pages don't count. they were just right in their opinion. The complaints before they tried out the event are exactly the same as after they tried it. Stop talking things down. What do you think were the people complaining about on the first 7 pages? Of course nothing else than getting spawnkilled, not having a chance against OP players and not being able to finish this event. They complained about the event being unfair, they were right. But sure, tell me what you think that the people complained about.

People who are happy with events often stay away from threads like this, and I don't blame them. I said I'd pass along a couple of the suggestions to the GMs, and how most of my server likes it and I'm getting flamed for that.
    And there are many many many more people who don't like this event and didn't post yet. If everyone who doesn't like this event would poost then this topic would have 3-digits of pages. There are many people who just gave up their hope on R2 to post here. "Why should I post, they won't do anything."

You are one of the few people who like all the events and decisions apparently. People simply disagree with your propaganda. Why? Because they do expierence different than you. I have yet to see that you dislike anything. It's just that whatever your opinion is, it doesn't reflect the reality.

You have that in any social situation. People who don't have their own opinion and just like everything won't get respected. Let's say there is a politican that says "We are declaring war to the whole world. Everyone who can hold up a gun - even children - is expected at the front." and then there is someone like you who says "Wow, that is great. No one in my villiage complained about it and they really like it. All the people who complain about it before fighting at the front donÄt count. It is good to get some more expierence and to protect their country! And not everyone is dying. There are so many people who like war and they don't say anything.". I know, not a good example but just to give you an idea how you react. (only my opinion though)

I do agree that perhaps durability loss is a bit much. It should stay a PVP zone, and it should retain the 10g entry fee. Otherwise it's just a race to see who kills mobs the fastest to make it to the top floor. Done in minutes with very little challenge, sounds like so much fun. No one is seeing this event as something that has potential. I would much rather suggest soul prints (for example) be added to the list of cash shop items we can get from there than work on trying to get them to change an aspect of the event that makes it what it is. But try I will, because whether I agree with a suggestion or not, I do pass along a summary of the more popular ones.
    The best event that R2 added so far was tamalan. (Except that it is still bugged - for example: priest passive works inside tamalan)
    This event COULD be fair without bailing on the fun of it. There are already enough pvp events. GRBG, Sengolia, Dragonspine, Nimbus/Gotor, Showdown. You don't really need more events to find out who you can kill and who not. Why does it have to favor the strongest all the time?

Why can't it be fair for once? There aren't even balancer buffs. Not like the rewards of avernal or worldboss rewards for the rebirth quest aren't enough already. No, there just has to be 1 more event that favors the strongest (most of the time heavy casher).

While everyone else won't benefit unless their server is underdeveloped. Good luck to those mortals level 50 who have to fight against sloth, pride, fallen angel, ladder mobs and at the same time against other players. Die and get kicked down to floor 1 again. Die in 1 hit, that is all it takes me to kill most people. Reach the last level of treasure trove just to get killed by me and get send back to floor 1. Why? Because I can do so. How is that even close to be fair? This is the most unbalanced addition since avernal.

So what is left for the weak ones? For the noncasher? They won't be able to work on sperion, they won't win in avernal, they won't do well in seng, they won't get the worldboss kills for their rebirth quests, they won't get an unlimited gmut exchange anymore, they won't be able to farm as many badges as they need in seng and co - all they have is tamalan, guessing game and crypt to get their rewards and those are pretty luck based. They can always choose to start all over on a new and underdeveloped server for some time until they get merged with older ones to have all the fun they had again.

Originally posted by R2288716 View Post
    But your one person out of 100's of people that don't like this. Your argument is pointless. You have posted no proof to back up your claim to defend this event while others have posted several pics backing up that pvp should be eliminated from the event. You saying we are flaming you, well of course. Your not doing a thing to make a valid point other then sucking up to the GMs by sayings it's all great and grand. That makes you sound even worse. What is so great about paying over 30g to go in and have to repair all your gear at the end? There is indeed people that camp and spawn kill people. You need to get out of the GM shadows and get on other servers and see how bad things are out there. Your server might be a utopia but there are a bunch others that are total war zones. There are people that are literally that cruel and evil. Don't compare your one good server to the others. Not all servers are as peaceful as others. Come out to the S1, S2, S3 servers and see how bad things are out here. We got quite a number of very vulgar and dirty mouthed players. I ignore them my self but those people do exist, and they enjoy making people suffer in this event.
    If you havent noticed, MemoryLane always pushes propaganda in this forum, that is why I always disagree with him/her.
    Look at all the posts MemoryLane made. Goddess, Gmut posts, and so on. Everything is great and super fair

On my server it is different. Only my guild is doing the new event, all others gave up. We have to kill eachother now to get the required 30 player kills. It's pretty empty inside now, well that is good for my guild tho :P
    Last edited by sebastian1988; 10-20-2012, 06:32 AM.

Leave a comment:

• R2288716
    replied
    I was watching chat. The number of people having fun far outweighed the number of people complaining. A lot of people on my server complain about getting killed by other players anywhere, since we are pve, but most enjoy this type of pvp since what's the point in developing your character past the mortal stage if it's not to see if you can kill other players?
    But your one person out of 100's of people that don't like this. Your argument is pointless. You have posted no proof to back up your claim to defend this event while others have posted several pics backing up that pvp should be eliminated from the event. You saying we are flaming you, well of course. Your not doing a thing to make a valid point other then sucking up to the GMs by sayings it's all great and grand. That makes you sound even worse. What is so great about paying over 30g to go in and have to repair all your gear at the end? There is indeed people that camp and spawn kill people. You need to get out of the GM shadows and get on other servers and see how bad things are out there. Your server might be a utopia but there are a bunch others that are total war zones. There are people that are literally that cruel and evil. Don't compare your one good server to the others. Not all servers are as peaceful as others. Come out to the S1, S2, S3 servers and see how bad things are out here. We got quite a number of very vulgar and dirty mouthed players. I ignore them my self but those people do exist, and they enjoy making people suffer in this event.

Leave a comment:

• Kodabear82388
    replied
    No one is forcing anyone to do these events.

Leave a comment:

• MemoryLane
    replied
    Originally posted by Dante_cs View Post
    1>can you prove that???
    2> and what server u play the ancient most server and all eidolon level 100 huh???
    See the % of people saying its need to be changed..not some people happy abt it.....

As of right now, we have 5 lvl 100 eidolons, and I assure you, they did not dominate the event.

Give it a week, then see how many people are giving the same feedback- everyone complains about events, temporary or permanent, at first. If you read through the thread, you'll see the first 7 pages are from before people could even enter the event. Those don't count- how can anyone know they won't like something before they try it? From the 8th page on, most of the complaints are about losing durability, followed by it being a pvp zone. After that, the complaints are about the 10g entry fee. A small number of people feel that it's an event for eidolons so it isn't fair (but that gets said about any area with pvp). And last, people think a detailed guide should have accompanied the release.

People who are happy with events often stay away from threads like this, and I don't blame them. I said I'd pass along a couple of the suggestions to the GMs, and how most of my server likes it and I'm getting flamed for that.

I do agree that perhaps durability loss is a bit much. It should stay a PVP zone, and it should retain the 10g entry fee. Otherwise it's just a race to see who kills mobs the fastest to make it to the top floor. Done in minutes with very little challenge, sounds like so much fun. No one is seeing this event as something that has potential. I would much rather suggest soul prints (for example) be added to the list of cash shop items we can get from there than work on trying to get them to change an aspect of the event that makes it what it is. But try I will, because whether I agree with a suggestion or not, I do pass along a summary of the more popular ones.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X