Announcement

Collapse

Website Instability

We are aware of the issue with the website being unstable. The issue is currently being worked on. We thank you for your patience in the meantime.
See more
See less

[Patch Notes] 11/15 Server Update

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CloudySage View Post
    R2,you dont listen to what people say on forums? You didnt see they were unhappy last time,so your trying to make us be even MORE unhappy with the game? Do you want CS to be a dead game or something,what the hell,you just ruined my only way of doing 30 kills in treasure trove (alt) you gave us no events,***? now 80-100 Treasure trove is basically **** up being eidolon-only! And no way for mortals/scions to get to 6 because WE CANT KILL EIDOLONS,DONT YOU GET IT =.= Instead of doing this restriction,why dont you separate avernal by planes??? Avernal is much more important and is insane for mortals/scions,i wasnt on the chart,and i got 104m damage,there were 9 eidolons and 1 scion on the rankings,can you please at least make an eidolon-only avr,and mortals + scions together? Level is almost nothing,a level 40 eidolon > a level 80 mortal,so why dont you divide things by PLANES,not by LEVELS
    To be honest, a Player's level or plane doesn't really define how strong they are.

It is a player's Soul that defines how powerful they truly are. If you watched a Sengolia battle, a player with a level 3 or 4 aura one man's the whole thing and like spawn kills like 20-30 people before getting ganged and killed. A player can stay on the mortal plane and not even use the RB Skills and power up his soul till he becomes a WB level 3 or 4 aura and demolish level 100E that only have like a level 1 or 2 soul aura.

The Battle fields should be divided by a players Soul completion and not his level or plane.

Let out your rage on level 30 trading ---^

Comment

I dunno, I can't compete with people that have similar Soul Completion to myself, and I'm pretty close to the second aura. This is mostly because I'm a Priest.

Seperations are fine as they are IMO.
      â™”
      Vampire Prince
      • Server: Aurora Point
      • Character: Alexmancerx
      • Class: Priest (Blood/Hybrid)
      • Level: Eidolon 120
      • Guild: TheWanted
      • Pet: Dark Reaper (currently breeding ftw!)

Comment

Originally posted by sebastian1988 View Post
        No one is asking for "big events" they are asking for events. It was R2's decision to run a second game while having a todo list that could probably fill a whole library if you print it out and devide it into books.
        This.. lol
        Stalkers OP.

Best (ex) R2 employee quote: "Be kind to your fellow players ~ you never know when they are alt GMs "

Comment

Originally posted by R2288716 View Post
          To be honest, a Player's level or plane doesn't really define how strong they are.

It is a player's Soul that defines how powerful they truly are. If you watched a Sengolia battle, a player with a level 3 or 4 aura one man's the whole thing and like spawn kills like 20-30 people before getting ganged and killed. A player can stay on the mortal plane and not even use the RB Skills and power up his soul till he becomes a WB level 3 or 4 aura and demolish level 100E that only have like a level 1 or 2 soul aura.

The Battle fields should be divided by a players Soul completion and not his level or plane.
          It's not only soul. It's also the blessing that you have (selfbuff gives a ton of power), the sperion (gives huge boost + gem combo), the gear and the mount/pixie.
          Even tho I only have close to 1k souldev, I can still beat people with third aura.

Also how to devide by Soul? Using Souldev as indicator is not that good because you can easily get quite a lot of souldev by picking many small nodes and low souldev by maxing nodes (which is the better benefit).

Comment

Yeah, I'm about 100 away from my second aura too. xD
            â™”
            Vampire Prince

Comment

Originally posted by Alexmancer View Post
              I dunno, I can't compete with people that have similar Soul Completion to myself, and I'm pretty close to the second aura. This is mostly because I'm a Priest.

Seperations are fine as they are IMO.
              If you got lower level gems this can make a big difference. idk how the new sperion system would stack to this since from what i seen, it looks like unless you got like a sky or immortal, your not really getting much power from it. plus a pixie that is well developed, gives insane power boosts. but a vast majority comes from soul.

Comment

Originally posted by sebastian1988 View Post
                It's not only soul. It's also the blessing that you have (selfbuff gives a ton of power), the sperion (gives huge boost + gem combo), the gear and the mount/pixie.
                Even tho I only have close to 1k souldev, I can still beat people with third aura.

Also how to devide by Soul? Using Souldev as indicator is not that good because you can easily get quite a lot of souldev by picking many small nodes and low souldev by maxing nodes (which is the better benefit).
                Sperion has only been out a short while, very few people really have anything from it yet. Not a lot of people put much effort into pixie. the high amount of puc and soul shards turn a lot of people away. and on blessing, only OP cashers have the last level unlocked for self buffing, unless you coined out big time on roses during events where roses sold for cheap.

But anyone that has an OP soul will normally have Sperion/pixie/goddess buffs normally maxed or almost maxed just making them more powerfull. and the thing is it's those players that really need to be banned from these events to begin with since they do not need cash shop items and go in and ruin the game for everyone. but cashers been ruining the game since soul was released anyway so the game has been ruined for like close to a year now.

Comment

Originally posted by R2288716 View Post
                  If you got lower level gems this can make a big difference. idk how the new sperion system would stack to this since from what i seen, it looks like unless you got like a sky or immortal, your not really getting much power from it. plus a pixie that is well developed, gives insane power boosts. but a vast majority comes from soul.
                  My Pixie is Tier 3 at the moment, though working on a tier 4. I've slowed down to help my spouse upgrade his too. Sperion is Blue.. It actually gives a lot in my opinion, but it's hard to compete with people that have gold or higher, though I have two level 5 matk gems in it now. All my gems are Flawless or Perfect.
                  â™”
                  Vampire Prince

Comment

Originally posted by Alexmancer View Post
                    My Pixie is Tier 3 at the moment, though working on a tier 4. I've slowed down to help my spouse upgrade his too. Sperion is Blue.. It actually gives a lot in my opinion, but it's hard to compete with people that have gold or higher, though I have two level 5 matk gems in it now. All my gems are Flawless or Perfect.
                    You should have all perfects and with maybe a couple immac. would explain why your kinda lacking. Are you also using jades or saphs/ambers? Big difference in the two when it comes to PVP and PVE

Comment

• Originally posted by Gekisharu View Post
                      what are ya's ♥♥♥♥ or something?
                      I'm surprised no Thanksgiving events even though Thanksgiving is on a Thursday, hopefully they will have something.

Comment

• Originally posted by Alexmancer View Post
                        I have a level 4 pixie now, gave a ton of puc to friends too. Rather slow on it. I know a casher on my server who maxed both sperion, maxed wings, level 6/7 pixie (80% stat boost), etc etc. A knight, soul still only lvl 1 aura, but he is not unkillable, and he isn't doing that well in ladder because people who cash much usually don't know how to play.

If you don't cash on loyality, then you can get your selfbuff for maybe $70, that isn't too much considering that most people pay for vip anyway.

And I know, that a selfbuff can make up for lack in stats and help you defeat "op" cashers. This game has a really boring PvP where it usually ends with "whoever stuns first wins" or "whoever hits first wins". Because dps is easy to get compared to defense / reduction. It is really hard to tank hits.

Sperion isn't easy to morph unless you use many alts in events. But you will get there eventually. It's still pretty new.
                        As soon as you reach the gold sperion you are set, most people don't bother with going for higher grade sperion gem, it takes way too many pc.

What I don't like about this game is that it takes me like 300 eth wings to upgrade my wings once, so I feel forced to do all my dungeons everyday, sell my loots, just to buy items that I know will most likely fail, voiding the whole day / whole efford. And doing that several months doesn't make me enjoy this game that much.

I'm happy that there is nothing much to do this week but on the other hand I would love to be able to advance again.
                        There is no reason to go to floor 75 ladder anymore, there won't be enough eth wings this week for me to get any upgrades, Soul Prints not obtainable anymore due to no events.. That's why I think there should always be some events, especially some new events that are actually fun and not tiring like killing bosses in starglade every hour or plant oranges on 30 chars everyday.

The only way that I would enjoy this game much in a eventless week would be to turn thngs back to how they was when I started playing. I was able to farm the items that I need to advance in dungeons! Mount Token and Wings, farmable, it was a hell of fun to do the dungeons. Giving 1 Soul Print in Spernal as a reward for defeating all 7 bosses, or 5 Soul print for reaching floor 75 ladder, or eth wing as a nm exelorn drop (at a very low rate - like dc drop) so that I could farm myself 1 click a day (remember, 13 eth wings a day would still mean that I have to farm 20 days dungeons to get 1 upgrade) would be refreshing.

I know, eth wings / puc / gmut are rewards of events like rebirth quest, avernal, trove, crypt, etc, but I don't want to participate all day long in all events, burning myself out, and it is never said to win these rewards because there is a lot of competition.

Comment

• No point coming back to play this boring game this week then i guess.

Comment

• Originally posted by sebastian1988 View Post
                            This game has a really boring PvP where it usually ends with "whoever stuns first wins" or "whoever hits first wins". Because dps is easy to get compared to defense / reduction. It is really hard to tank hits.
                            Just wanna add-on, for priest vs priest, it's "who crits first win" :P

And no, the fact that defense is harder to get compared to DPS is not the main reason why it is hard to tank hits. What makes the game broken is how defense's mechanic works.

First of all, we all know that crit def is broken. At this stage of the game where everyone can hit 40% base crit easily, with 240% crit dmg using frag (90%+ crit and 300% crit dmg for a full str rogue wirh normal light blessing), the fact that crit def isn't working makes it totally impossible to tank those too-frequent crits.

Secondly, from my testing with Venomeh, a difference of 5k mdef only helps reducing 2k2 dmg (both for crits and non-crits). My exact data is:
                            - With 22k def, light beam hits me 44k2 non-crit, 114k crit
                            - With 17k mdef, light beam hits me 46k4 non-crit, 116k2 crit
                            It looks like for every 2 points of def, you can void 1 point of final dmg (after skill's modifier and crit modifier). Totally doesn't worth the effort gaining all the def in my opinion.

Seriously regret doing def sperion now, should have done my atk sperion instead =(
                            Last edited by nubheals; 11-15-2012, 04:10 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by R2288716 View Post
                              You should have all perfects and with maybe a couple immac. would explain why your kinda lacking. Are you also using jades or saphs/ambers? Big difference in the two when it comes to PVP and PVE
                              I WISH I had all perfects and some immaculates. I never have enough money for all that though. I am using Jades in hat, all ambers in boots and top and all topaz in gloves and staff.

@ sebastian - I can't spend any money on this game at all. No VIP, no blessings.
                              â™”
                              Vampire Prince

Comment

• no event boring

Comment

Working...
                                X