Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Crystal Saga Servers on Newgrounds, Armorgames Platform Shutting Down on 11/22 (Delayed)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #76
    Any suggestions for the people who were unable to submit a ticket before the deadline? We had one person who missed the deadline by only 3 minutes...
    Others I have heard submit tickets on time but never received a response. This merge process was hasty, many active players risk being lost in the shuffle.
    Crystal Saga
    S4 Kongregate
    ShannenSL
    Class: Ranger
    Guild: Broken

    Comment


    • #77
      Unfortunately, support has just informed me that the deadline was to ensure the devs have enough time to prepare the data before the servers shut down. Once the servers shut down, the data is completely lost, so they need to have everything ready to go before that happens. They cannot extend the dealine

      The devs will be asked about the tickets that were sent in a little late. I would still send in a ticket now if you haven't already done so. It doesn't hurt to ask. But if they are able to squeeze in the last few late comers, today would be the absolute last day, and there's no guarantee they will be able to work in the ones who are late.
      Last edited by MemoryLane; 11-20-2016, 08:36 PM.
      Interested in becoming a Forum Moderator? Fill out the application HERE!

      Rules of the Forum are found here.

      R2Games Ticket System for browser games: www.r2games.com/support
      Mobile game Ticket System is accessed through the in-app support link.

      For additional assistance with a ticket, please provide a moderator with your ingame name, server, and game.

      Comment


      • #78
        When exactly is the merge going to happen? Reset on the 21st, reset on the 22nd? What do we need to do? How does this work?
        Last edited by blondiej12; 11-20-2016, 09:40 PM. Reason: spelling

        Comment


        • #79
          Originally posted by MemoryLane View Post
          Unfortunately, support has just informed me that the deadline was to ensure the devs have enough time to prepare the data before the servers shut down. Once the servers shut down, the data is completely lost, so they need to have everything ready to go before that happens. They cannot extend the dealine

          The devs will be asked about the tickets that were sent in a little late. I would still send in a ticket now if you haven't already done so. It doesn't hurt to ask. But if they are able to squeeze in the last few late comers, today would be the absolute last day, and there's no guarantee they will be able to work in the ones who are late.
          Thank you so much for all your patience. We appreciate your help and know you're doing your best. We're just trying to get answers and are extremely frustrated because many of our friends who have worked on their characters for upwards of five years on these characters and they're likely to be deleted because of the lack of communication on R2's part on the host servers.

          Comment


          • #80
            This'll be the last post I make on here arguing for any sort of assistance. I've sent a couple tickets in regards to my own toon as well as one ticket with the message below.


            --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


            Hello, I'm sending this e-mail in regards to the Crystal Saga server merge of Kongregate, Armorgames, and Newgrounds.

            On November 9th it was announced that Armorgames, Kongregate, and Newgrounds would be shutting down all of the Crystal Saga Servers on the 22nd, and that players had to create accounts on r2games.com and send support tickets to transfer characters. According to this announcement this had to be done by the 18th.

            This deadline needs to be extended in some way. There have been several instances of player being unable to meet the deadline for various reasons. There was a lack of information for many people as some had to wait to find out their tickets needed resending as well some being unable to meet the deadline due to inactivity.

            Players only had roughly 7 days due to the information being due by the 18th of November, some mistook this as the final day, though it was stated info had to be collected by this date. The server announcements were far and in-between. Quotes from player’s state that the Server Announcements came all at once just once warning of the server closing on Kongregate around 24 hours before hand.

            Also Armorgames gave an even later announcement, screenshotted below at the time of this e-mail. With that timeframe almost nobody could have transferred their account unless they found out through some other means.

            Newgrounds had no such announcement in a forum or comment. Their only announcement was word of mouth and maybe a server update in World Chat should they happen to be online.

            There were no e-mails sent by R2, Kongregate, Armorgames, or Newgrounds, and no in game notification. And this all happened in a very sudden and short amount of time.

            It seems like a shame that some players have to lose YEARS of their work on characters due to something as simple as a server transfer that seems so sudden and over-complicated for what it is. Character such as the ones down below.

            I beg, and urge you to please reconsider, the deadline for these characters especially given the above issues.

            Thank you
            - A Devoted Crystal Saga player.

            -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

            I do hope you all consider the points above and please help us in this if you can. I know you moderators can get through better than we can to the actual r2 staff, so that is why I felt sharing this here as well.

            I have screenshots but unfortunately I can't figure out how to post them, I'll update this post once I find a way to place them in this post without breaking the forums.
            Last edited by Korimaxx; 11-20-2016, 11:02 PM. Reason: Adding Attatchments

            Comment


            • #81
              Originally posted by blondiej12 View Post
              When exactly is the merge going to happen? Reset on the 21st, reset on the 22nd? What do we need to do? How does this work?
              The date and time noted in the announcement is as follows:
              Originally posted by R2_Coconut View Post
              R2Games will have a cross-platform server merge on 22nd November (GMT+8)
              Until then, all you can do is sit tight, cross your fingers, and hope the merge goes smoothly. Once the server is live after the merge, successfully transferred toon(s) will be accessible through S25.

              Comment


              • #82
                This is ridiculous. So they give us 13 days notice, not thinking some people work and dont have time to check things like this. They then proceed to not let people in who TRY to send in the information but miss the deadline by a little bit. So a lot of my friends who are NOW active have to accept that there account which took them almost 5 years is going to be deleted. What the **** is wrong with you R2? Do you not realise that people put thousands of hours and thousands of pounds/dollars, w/e into your game only for you to return the favor by deleting their toons? Was it so hard to give a months notice before hand? i mean, youre already screwing us by completely changing the timezone aswell.
                Server: (S2) Kongregate
                IGN: Spartican
                Class: Ranger
                Level: 140
                Guild: Broken
                Soul: 3000
                Tenets: Chaotic level 10
                Holy Favor: 30207
                Wings: Promethean Wings XVI
                Pet: GA
                Mount: Super Kyuubi

                Comment


                • #83
                  Originally posted by Reverie View Post
                  The date and time noted in the announcement is as follows:


                  Until then, all you can do is sit tight, cross your fingers, and hope the merge goes smoothly. Once the server is live after the merge, successfully transferred toon(s) will be accessible through S25.
                  That still doesn't answer our question. It does not tell me a time, date yes, but start time no. Is it Midnight GMT on the 22nd, Midnight GMT on the 21st? 9 am, 2 am etc.
                  Not to be rude, but "R2Games will have a cross-platform server merge on 22nd November (GMT+8)" tells me nothing.

                  Comment


                  • #84
                    Originally posted by Hincho3601 View Post
                    This is ridiculous. So they give us 13 days notice, not thinking some people work and dont have time to check things like this. They then proceed to not let people in who TRY to send in the information but miss the deadline by a little bit. So a lot of my friends who are NOW active have to accept that there account which took them almost 5 years is going to be deleted. What the **** is wrong with you R2? Do you not realise that people put thousands of hours and thousands of pounds/dollars, w/e into your game only for you to return the favor by deleting their toons? Was it so hard to give a months notice before hand? i mean, youre already screwing us by completely changing the timezone aswell.
                    Honestly, just be glad they at least made a platform merge. Might not been able to merge at all and your progress would be for nothing. Yeah they didn't really think it through but at least there was still a chance for this to happen.
                    Why is bacon called bacon and cookies called cookies when you bake cookies and cook bacon

                    Comment


                    • #85
                      Originally posted by R21507247 View Post
                      Honestly, just be glad they at least made a platform merge. Might not been able to merge at all and your progress would be for nothing. Yeah they didn't really think it through but at least there was still a chance for this to happen.
                      In some cases, the progress was for nothing. Some people work or cant get on all the time. So... Yeah. Some of these people ive been playing with since March 2012, and now theyre getting deleted.
                      Server: (S2) Kongregate
                      IGN: Spartican
                      Class: Ranger
                      Level: 140
                      Guild: Broken
                      Soul: 3000
                      Tenets: Chaotic level 10
                      Holy Favor: 30207
                      Wings: Promethean Wings XVI
                      Pet: GA
                      Mount: Super Kyuubi

                      Comment


                      • #86
                        Originally posted by valkyrcsaga View Post
                        That still doesn't answer our question. It does not tell me a time, date yes, but start time no. Is it Midnight GMT on the 22nd, Midnight GMT on the 21st? 9 am, 2 am etc.
                        Not to be rude, but "R2Games will have a cross-platform server merge on 22nd November (GMT+8)" tells me nothing.
                        I'm not sure where the confusion is, but the 22nd begins at 0:00. Midnight on the 21st is midnight on the 21st.

                        Comment


                        • #87
                          yes m in that boat too.. need to know so I know to give away all the things in my vault and bags

                          Comment


                          • #88
                            Originally posted by Reverie View Post
                            I'm not sure where the confusion is, but the 22nd begins at 0:00. Midnight on the 21st is midnight on the 21st.
                            I believe the confusion is that there was no clearly stated time. Just the day, which is the 22nd. Does that mean the cross-platform merge starts at midnight, 00:00 of the 22nd at gmt+8, or is there a different timeframe when it's expected to start?

                            Comment


                            • #89
                              Originally posted by abyssdaemon View Post
                              I believe the confusion is that there was no clearly stated time. Just the day, which is the 22nd. Does that mean the cross-platform merge starts at midnight, 00:00 of the 22nd at gmt+8, or is there a different timeframe when it's expected to start?
                              It is as the announcement reads: 22nd GMT+8. At face value, the 22nd begins at 0:00.
                              Last edited by Reverie; 11-21-2016, 01:53 AM.

                              Comment


                              • #90
                                when should we expect the servers to go down? exactly at gmt+8 on the 22nd?
                                IGN: (ne)Fenterra
                                Server: S25
                                Position: Random Mage Dude Who Does Stuff And Things
                                Hobbies: ????????
                                Accomplishments: 1 mill honor, Gen 3 Doombringer, and Eating an entire extra large pizza by myself in an hour.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X