Announcement

Collapse

Website Instability

We are aware of the issue with the website being unstable. The issue is currently being worked on. We thank you for your patience in the meantime.
See more
See less

Aeriagames Crystal Saga was officially shutdown at 12:00 PM August 31st, 2017 (GMT+8)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by xPrototypeT View Post
    http://www.aeriagames.com/forums/en/...64280#22064280

mod saying

'Unfortunately, the servers were shut down without notice and the devs apparently did not notify aeria about it or about their intent on any data transfer agreement etc.

I wish this had been different, I lost my char and money / crystal in game as well :/ If i had known believe you me... I would not have spent as much as i did... so yeah I was not aware of any of this until the day R2 decided to close the servers.

The information I have is that the GMs or PM were not aware of this either. They tried to contact R2 multiple times and it seems there was no response at all. Not sure what happened with all that ,but the fact is R2 should've let us, the players, know of their intent to close the servers in aeria ahead of time.'

So wasn't Aeria's fault it was R2's based off this lol?
    Not quite. As stated before, the relevant R2 department was not contacted nor aware of Aeria's shutdown until after the fact. Our first ticket regarding their shutdown was not submitted until September 4th (their shutdown occurred August 31st), which is when and how we found out. It's unusual that tickets would not have been submitted immediately following their shutdown, so that leads us to believe that Aeria did know beforehand and their players experienced so the day of, but were biding their time and hoping for a better outcome. Unfortunately, that was not the case this time around.

Even now, R2 is still trying to work something out with Aeria, albeit toon restoration is not possible this late along.
    Last edited by Reverie; 09-10-2017, 10:31 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Reverie View Post
      Not quite. As stated before, the relevant R2 department was not contacted nor aware of Aeria's shutdown until after the fact. Our first ticket regarding their shutdown was not submitted until September 4th (their shutdown occurred August 31st), which is when and how we found out. It's unusual that tickets would not have been submitted immediately following their shutdown, so that leads us to believe that Aeria did know beforehand and their players experienced so the day of, but were biding their time and hoping for a better outcome. Unfortunately, that was not the case this time around.

Even now, R2 is still trying to work something out with Aeria, albeit toon restoration is not possible this late along.
      Well the mod said R2 decided to close the servers not Aeria so I thought to point it out, hope they get an actual compensation and not some bound orbs.
      'Do transformers get car or life insurance?'

Comment

Originally posted by xPrototypeT View Post
        Well the mod said R2 decided to close the servers not Aeria so I thought to point it out, hope they get an actual compensation and not some bound orbs.
        Aeria can sit around pointing fingers, but I have difficulty believing that R2 wouldn't opt to transfer toons over if all the ducks were lined in a row, especially considering that it would have meant an increase of activity (I.E. cashing). It can only be assumed that something went down behind the scenes that none of us are aware of, which led their players into a ditch.

What we do know is without a doubt is that the contract with R2 ended prior to the Gamingo merge, and R2's relevant department was not in the know of Aeria's shutdown. The rest is the blame game.

Comment

Aeria can sit around pointing fingers, but I have difficulty believing that R2 wouldn't opt to transfer toons over if all the ducks were lined in a row, especially considering that it would have meant an increase of activity (I.E. cashing). It can only be assumed that something went down behind the scenes that none of us are aware of, which led their players into a ditch.

What we do know is without a doubt is that the contract with R2 ended prior to the Gamingo merge, and R2's relevant department was not in the know of Aeria's shutdown. The rest is the blame game.
          I see, thanks
          'Do transformers get car or life insurance?'

Comment

Our first ticket regarding their shutdown was not submitted until September 4th (their shutdown occurred August 31st), which is when and how we found out. It's unusual that tickets would not have been submitted immediately following their shutdown, so that leads us to believe that Aeria did know beforehand and their players experienced so the day of, but were biding their time and hoping for a better outcome. Unfortunately, that was not the case this time around.

I personally can't speak for Aeria's GMs and GSs, but from the players' perspective, we did not realize it was a shutdown until we were informed about it being a shutdown on September 4th. All we experienced was that a few hours after maintenance, none of us could get connected to the game. It just failed to connect. When when went to the page, the GMs and GSs posted in the shoutbox that they are aware that we couldn't connect. How would we know that we got shutdown? It has happened before, a few times even this year, that we could not connect after maintenance, and it always resolved in a few hours or a couple days.

Anyways.... what's the use saying anything more. All sides are blaming each other, and in all of this players lose.

Comment

Originally posted by kastrum View Post
              Anyways.... what's the use saying anything more. All sides are blaming each other, and in all of this players lose.
              Right, pointing fingers doesn't change the situation. R2 is still trying to work something out with Aeria, but sadly it won't come close to replacing the toons that were lost. Effort is effort, no matter the outcome.

Comment

Right, pointing fingers doesn't change the situation. R2 is still trying to work something out with Aeria, but sadly it won't come close to replacing the toons that were lost. Effort is effort, no matter the outcome.
                So Aeria toon are gone and Aeria no longer hosts crystal saga. So what exactly is r2 working at with Aeria?

Comment

Originally posted by Disguy View Post
                  So Aeria toon are gone and Aeria no longer hosts crystal saga. So what exactly is r2 working at with Aeria?
                  Perhaps some form of compensation. Usually, when a game shuts down on R2, players are comped for the latest recharges made however long back R2 designates, transferring said recharges to a new toon on a game of the player's choice, selected from a preselected list. This option may possibly be one that's being discussed, but there are complications with even that given that recharges were made through Aeria rather than through R2.
                  Last edited by Reverie; 09-11-2017, 10:46 PM.

Comment

R2 is still trying to work something out with Aeria, but sadly it won't come close to replacing the toons that were lost. Effort is effort, no matter the outcome.
                    For the record, as someone who develops software for a living, I truly find it hard to accept that our toon data cannot be transferred even now. The devs should easily be able to setup some script, with their log data, that allows users to login using their Aeria login credentials and do a transfer to an R2 account. I think it is either the devs are lazy, incompetent, don't care, or they (accidentally or intentionally) actually deleted our toon data from the database servers at R2 or wherever the servers are actually hosted. As with most data systems, there *should* be backups (weekly and daily). So, even if someone actually deleted all of our toon data, a reasonably competent dev should be able to restore our data. It shouldn't take more than a few days to write and test a script that will allow users who have both Aeria credentials and R2 credentials to login to the script and initialize the transfer. It would be so simple. All they would need from Aeria is the permission to authenticate with their servers, and the transfer would be so simple.
                    Last edited by kastrum; 09-12-2017, 07:32 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by kastrum View Post

For the record, as someone who develops software for a living, I truly find it hard to accept that our toon data cannot be transferred even now. The devs should easily be able to setup some script, with their log data, that allows users to login using their Aeria login credentials and do a transfer to an R2 account. I think it is either the devs are lazy, incompetent, don't care, or they (accidentally or intentionally) actually deleted our toon data from the database servers at R2 or wherever the servers are actually hosted. As with most data systems, there *should* be backups (weekly and daily). So, even if someone actually deleted all of our toon data, a reasonably competent dev should be able to restore our data. It shouldn't take more than a few days to write and test a script that will allow users who have both Aeria credentials and R2 credentials to login to the script and initialize the transfer. It would be so simple. All they would need from Aeria is the permission to authenticate with their servers, and the transfer would be so simple.
                      According to what we were told, it has more to do with the link between character and account being broken upon server shutdown more than anything. So in a sense, we can locate your accounts, but cannot locate corresponding toons because that bond was broken.

Comment

Perhaps some form of compensation. Usually, when a game shuts down on R2, players are comped for the latest recharges made however long back R2 designates, transferring said recharges to a new toon on a game of the player's choice, selected from a preselected list. This option may possibly be one that's being discussed, but there are complications with even that given that recharges were made through Aeria rather than through R2.
                        I know this is the usual case for aeria and r2 to offer but for someone like me who cashed earlier on to get op then coasted on in game events and running them this offer is not good enough. And aeria to offer something to keep playing on their servers in another game is a insult. I've talked about merging with r2 for awhile on aeria site it was the only option for a low population server and aeria killed that option

Everyone knew shut down was coming sometime soon and merger was the only option and aeria failed to make it happen so they have lost me as a paying customer to the server they offer
                        Last edited by Disguy; 09-13-2017, 02:42 AM.

Comment

Working...
                        X