Announcement

Collapse

Website Instability

We are aware of the issue with the website being unstable. The issue is currently being worked on. We thank you for your patience in the meantime.
See more
See less

[Announcement] Emergency Server Maintenance @ 3 AM EDT 08/07/2012

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by KillerShot24 View Post
    fast please
    You shouldn't try and rush them... If you rush them during maintenance they could not notice a bug and make us need to have another Emergency Maintenance like they are now.
    Crystal Saga..............................League of Angels
    .....KidBuu........................................xAbandoned
    .....The Wilterlands (S4)....................Ridge o' Fire (S100)
    .....Rogue.........................................Mage

Comment

Originally posted by R22680784 View Post
      Another surprise pack with WHEEL OF FAITH and a PHOENIX)2DAYS) THAT BE AWESOME
      They aren't adding anything new, they are just fixing some issues that a few people have been having...

Comment

how many minutes left its almost 4pm here in the phillipines are u sure it will only take 1 hour??

Comment

Originally posted by R22596188 View Post
          lol no time did not speed up all of a suddon
          How I wish.. love the weekends T^T

but yeah I've been having a hellish week, so not in the right state of mind to think anything right now zzzz
          Last edited by Chelsia; 08-07-2012, 02:53 AM.
          If I post something really weird that makes no sense whatsoever it means I'm not mentally there at the time I post it (probably sleep deprived)

Character: (S31)Kiesha
          Server: Tree of Life
          Plane: Eidolon
          Class: Hybrid Priest
          Guild: Harmless

Comment

This is probably going to go un-noticed by the R2 team, but from what I've been learning from my game programming classes that pertains specifically to the case of lag in online games is an abundance of useless code. To which I have noticed that your game has an abundance. So if you want to reduce lag, reduce the code.

1) The restriction of entering dungeons and events like Training where you are ABLE to mount, but can't enter while mounted. Not only is this annoying but it's useless code and adds to lag.

2) Preventative restrictions on names, guild names, and custom guild titles and ranks. By this I mean restricting punctuation and spaces. The problem here is that the preventative measures require more coding and system allocations than what they are preventing.

Comment

how many minutes left its almost 4pm here in the philippines are u sure it will only take 1 hour??

Comment

Originally posted by XxTaLoNxX View Post
                This is probably going to go un-noticed by the R2 team, but from what I've been learning from my game programming classes that pertains specifically to the case of lag in online games is an abundance of useless code. To which I have noticed that your game has an abundance. So if you want to reduce lag, reduce the code.

1) The restriction of entering dungeons and events like Training where you are ABLE to mount, but can't enter while mounted. Not only is this annoying but it's useless code and adds to lag.

2) Preventative restrictions on names, guild names, and custom guild titles and ranks. By this I mean restricting punctuation and spaces. The problem here is that the preventative measures require more coding and system allocations than what they are preventing.
                It wouldn't be easy for them to find "useless code" as they have so much from such a big game. They are forever deleting and adding new codes as well with their weekly maintenance

Comment

Guys I cant make my own Thread... how can I mak my own thread?

Comment

Originally posted by xDemise View Post
                    It wouldn't be easy for them to find "useless code" as they have so much from such a big game. They are forever deleting and adding new codes as well with their weekly maintenance
                    No, they do not delete the code, most of it is still there.. for a start i can link items from events that happened last year.. i can link items that dont even exist in game yet...
                    It is better to be hated for who you are than to be loved for whom you are not.

Comment

• Originally posted by R22122578 View Post
                      how many minutes left its almost 4pm here in the philippines are u sure it will only take 1 hour??
                      No need to post your post twice, and it said it was expected to take 1 hour, it wasn't definite as they can never tell the exact time it will take to do these things

Comment

• Originally posted by XxTaLoNxX View Post

good sugestions but i think they might have to have the server go up and down for a week to look for and implament the changes needed i meen i would not mind it if each down time they reset the dongon runs ect with each down time that we had to go though but the down time its self might cause alot of players to be upset cause it would meen several maintinances now maybe if they had enough people working on it then they may manage it faster but no garentee there
                        Name: (S51)Aliceianna
                        Server: Cimmerian Woodlands
                        Class: Ranger Hybrid
                        Plane: Eidolon
                        Pet: Burning Angel (Gen 3), Demon King, and way more than i care to go into on here
                        Level: 143+
                        Honor Rank:Emperor
                        Mount: Killin
                        Guild: (S34)Rebels (General)

Comment

• Originally posted by PoisonStarglade View Post
                          No, they do not delete the code, most of it is still there.. for a start i can link items from events that happened last year.. i can link items that dont even exist in game yet...
                          To link items that don't even exist in game yet you need to type in a code, and if they'd deleted some of the code that was from previous events people would lose out on things that they had been saving (I'm not very smart with code on games though so this is kind of opinionated by me).

Comment

• 7 and 1/4 stars for my ultimate angel wings was just about to buy some wings aswell :'(
                            IGN: Leona

SERVER:Cimmerian Woodlands

CLASS: Hybrid Ranger

Comment

• Originally posted by xDemise View Post
                              To link items that don't even exist in game yet you need to type in a code, and if they'd deleted some of the code that was from previous events people would lose out on things that they had been saving (I'm not very smart with code on games though so this is kind of opinionated by me).
                              Meaning you have just contradicted yourself ^_^ they delete.. they dont delete.. O.o? lol :P
                              It is better to be hated for who you are than to be loved for whom you are not.

Comment

• Originally posted by R22596188 View Post
                                good sugestions but i think they might have to have the server go up and down for a week to look for and implament the changes needed i meen i would not mind it if each down time they reset the dongon runs ect with each down time that we had to go though but the down time its self might cause alot of players to be upset cause it would meen several maintinances now maybe if they had enough people working on it then they may manage it faster but no garentee there
                                Yeah, that would be the biggest problem, the time to find their "useless code" and delete it... it could take hours or weeks and it could possibly lead to R2 forgetting our events in Weekly Maintenance looking for it

Comment

Working...
                                X