[Announcement] Emergency Server Maintenance @ 3 AM EDT 08/07/2012

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by PoisonStarglade View Post
    Meaning you have just contradicted yourself ^_^ they delete.. they dont delete.. O.o? lol :P
    Just let it pass then, ignore what I said
    Crystal Saga..............................League of Angels
    .....KidBuu........................................xAbandoned
    .....The Wilterlands (S4)....................Ridge o' Fire (S100)
    .....Rogue.........................................Mage

Comment

• Hurry I need to set up afk and go to sleep lol
      Server: Psychodelica
      IGN: (S44)ShadowHunter
      Plane: Eidolon
      Class: Rogue
      Level: 121 and growing
      Honor Rank: Emperor
      Guild: LatinForce

Comment

• I wish they can make extra class for some hero like mage- dark mage or necromancer or lik in knight whte knight paladin somethhing like you can upgrade for another class once reaching schion.. i hope they can make more class

Comment

No, they do not delete the code, most of it is still there.. for a start i can link items from events that happened last year.. i can link items that dont even exist in game yet...
          yes true, some other players and me have made up a list of items that you can link with code lol
          If I post something really weird that makes no sense whatsoever it means I'm not mentally there at the time I post it (probably sleep deprived)

Character: (S31)Kiesha
          Server: Tree of Life
          Class: Hybrid Priest
          Guild: Harmless

Comment

• Originally posted by xDemise View Post
            Yeah, that would be the biggest problem, the time to find their "useless code" and delete it... it could take hours or weeks and it could possibly lead to R2 forgetting our events in Weekly Maintenance looking for it
            i would not mind missing an event or two for a couple of weeks but finding all that useless coad would take some time
            Name: (S51)Aliceianna
            Server: Cimmerian Woodlands
            Class: Ranger Hybrid
            Pet: Burning Angel (Gen 3), Demon King, and way more than i care to go into on here
            Level: 143+
            Honor Rank:Emperor
            Mount: Killin
            Guild: (S34)Rebels (General)

Comment

• lol :P but yea... there is ALOT of coding there still from the original owners of the game they bought a licence from to host this game. Most of it is stuff waiting to be implemented, well.. changed and implemented.
              It is better to be hated for who you are than to be loved for whom you are not.

Comment

• Originally posted by xDemise View Post
                I think I have 3 more but I am not too sure if I've got them
                if u have them hook a girl up chief lol

In Game Name: PriestKayla
                Server: (S4) The Wilterlands
                Class: Priest
                Level: 173
                Guild: S3 Legends

Comment

• Originally posted by XxTaLoNxX View Post
                  This is probably going to go un-noticed by the R2 team, but from what I've been learning from my game programming classes that pertains specifically to the case of lag in online games is an abundance of useless code. To which I have noticed that your game has an abundance. So if you want to reduce lag, reduce the code.

1) The restriction of entering dungeons and events like Training where you are ABLE to mount, but can't enter while mounted. Not only is this annoying but it's useless code and adds to lag.

2) Preventative restrictions on names, guild names, and custom guild titles and ranks. By this I mean restricting punctuation and spaces. The problem here is that the preventative measures require more coding and system allocations than what they are preventing.

I agree with this 100% i dont know alot about codeing but i know that using things that are not needed one get lost in the codeing and two we really dont need.... i would love to not have to worry about getting off mount if we cant have mount or pet it should just auto put them away. but places we can have them why do we have to get off or put away its so uncalled for and codeing we dont need. but i agree with xxtalonxx 100%

Comment

• yep, and I have also been to the original version for a scout.. oh god it's scary in there (monster stats 400k+ and that is a rogue)
                    If I post something really weird that makes no sense whatsoever it means I'm not mentally there at the time I post it (probably sleep deprived)

Character: (S31)Kiesha
                    Server: Tree of Life
                    Class: Hybrid Priest
                    Guild: Harmless

Comment

• Originally posted by happyqatar View Post
                      I wish they can make extra class for some hero like mage- dark mage or necromancer or lik in knight whte knight paladin somethhing like you can upgrade for another class once reaching schion.. i hope they can make more class
                      Lol nice idea's from Maple Story... I believe this won't happen because it would be too complicated for the skills on the new "upgraded class" as they have specific scion skills that are like this (vaguely) to give you that added bonus when you rebirth (Along with skill points and attribute points).
                      Crystal Saga..............................League of Angels
                      .....KidBuu........................................xAbandoned
                      .....The Wilterlands (S4)....................Ridge o' Fire (S100)
                      .....Rogue.........................................Mage

Comment

lol :P but yea... there is ALOT of coding there still from the original owners of the game they bought a licence from to host this game. Most of it is stuff waiting to be implemented, well.. changed and implemented.
                        they need to get a team of ocd programers working on reading and testing the coad on a privet network that the gm's and other r2 emplyees and volontees can test out the changes on to see if it improves that would take some of the issues out of servers being down and i for one would be willing to put up with lag and log in issues wile they work on that as long as i knew that it was being worked on and tested so they could implament the changes on a regulerly schedualed maintinance
                        Name: (S51)Aliceianna
                        Server: Cimmerian Woodlands
                        Class: Ranger Hybrid
                        Pet: Burning Angel (Gen 3), Demon King, and way more than i care to go into on here
                        Level: 143+
                        Honor Rank:Emperor
                        Mount: Killin
                        Guild: (S34)Rebels (General)

Comment

• Originally posted by R22596188 View Post
                          they need to get a team of ocd programers working on reading and testing the coad on a privet network that the gm's and other r2 emplyees and volontees can test out the changes on to see if it improves that would take some of the issues out of servers being down and i for one would be willing to put up with lag and log in issues wile they work on that as long as i knew that it was being worked on and tested so they could implament the changes on a regulerly schedualed maintinance
                          Hosting on a private network would not be the same as hosting to the public, the amount of packets being sent and received by the server would be dramatically different.

Edit: Packets are packets of information sent to and from server to and from your PC
                          It is better to be hated for who you are than to be loved for whom you are not.

Comment

• Giving > FREE Kara tee chops on sullen dunes
                            OldFartsClub ><> ><> ><> ><>

Comment

• I don't hink R2 actually code the game anyway. They have it under licence from a games developer in China. As far as code redundancy is concerned, it is only considered and implemented if it is cost efficient. In most cases it's not worth the time and effort. There is a high probabilty that the problems we have been seeing are not even related to the game code.

Comment

• Currently going through the last round of testing. So long as everything pans out okay, you all should see some green lights soon.
                                This Forum Admin is no more. He has ceased to be. He's expired and gone on to other work. He's a stiff. If R2 hadn't ignored him he'd still be employed. Bereft of work he lives in peace. His forum duties are now history. He's off the twig, he's kicked the bucket, he's shuffled off these forums, run down the thread count, and joined the ex-R2Games Employees Club. This is an ex-Forum Admin.

Comment

Working...
                                X