Wrange AFK bug abuse

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wrange AFK bug abuse

Repost from patch notes, this should be a more appropriate section and will hopefully get some attention as well:

The new system has quite a big problem.

Even though it is not supposed to be AFK-able it most certainly is. It's as simple as turning AFK on before entering and it stays up inside.

Bug description: Wrangle is AFKable
    Bug reproduction: Turn AFK on before entering through the NPC.
    Bug consequences:
    1) After 1 min the PVP is gone thanks to AFK protection
    2) People just sticking alts in to farm "Iron Disc"s for free RM since the runes are not bound once made.
    3) Due to high population of AFKers inside the event is not doable, might as well not be in the game.

Monetary impact on R2: As rune medium is one of the major products being purchased at the moment you can basically say good bye to money from anyone who can put an alt there.

Screenshot:

Bug solution:
    1) Reset AFK setting to OFF upon entering (while loading)
    2) Do AFK ON/OFF check before entering (just like the "Mounted" check is performed)

Conclusion: The event looks decent yet it ruined. I thought that R2 was attempting to fight against alt abuse. Releasing this event as it is in regards to the "fighting against alts" is like breaking your legs before running a marathon. A hotfix would be the best solution as each minute the event is live literally costs you money for the RM exchanged.

EDIT: I am posting it here on purpose because we all know what the response time for the ticket system is. I am hoping to get attention faster this way.
    EDIT 2: Concerning the ticket - I am open to making one but the diversity of categories is quite frankly sad ... this is not a "Account/Login Issue"/"Billing Issue"/"VIP Cancelation"/"VIP Subscription problem"...

This issue has already been reported. Though the ticket categories are limited, you can still file a report -- just select the closest category and the ticket team will assign it accordingly.

Comment

Working...
    X