Announcement

Collapse

Website Instability

We are aware of the issue with the website being unstable. The issue is currently being worked on. We thank you for your patience in the meantime.
See more
See less

The change to the mechanics of "Diviner"

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The change to the mechanics of "Diviner"

It's more of a question than a bug report. In other words, it's easier to ask if the change is intentional instead of assuming it's a bug.

Diviner use to work off your soul as well as the enchantment of the level. Thus most people bought into the system because of that reason and enchanted(with 100% dc or however many other dc).
    However, the change seems to be only soul affected. Thus, many people seen or about to see lost of insane speed(200+) or insane attack(1 mill+)

I can understand the balance behind it; however, it's just a matter of asking if it's intentional or was it a mistake(as other systems in the past broke in a sense because of a maintenance. Like zodiac for example.)

How is/was Diviner connected to soul? and yeah lol people lost hundreds of ms and someone dropped 7 mil in attack. I'd call what r2 just did false advertising but something just clicked in my head. Whenever we got new icons or systems, r2 used to explain the new systems and how they work in the weekly update that they're released in but they don't do that anymore so we wouldn't know if they "fixed" the bug or just took away the benefit of diviner being times your enchantment. So since r2 stopped giving us the info we found out on our own and some players spent hundreds if not thousands of dollars on this system because we all believed it to be diviner x enchantment and now r2 just takes that all away? . They don't explain the systems anymore in the updates so they cant catch fire when something like this happens. Basically r2 sold you a lambo at full price with a temporary engine . If it was never intentional to make it diviner times your enchant then that's a scam. They had months to simply say something on forums or umm idk right after they released it. Whatever the case, low blow on r2's part
    Last edited by Alt18; 07-14-2017, 04:11 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Alt18 View Post
      How is/was Diviner connected to soul? and yeah lol people lost hundreds of ms and someone dropped 7 mil in attack. I'd call what r2 just did false advertising but something just clicked in my head. Whenever we got new icons or systems, r2 used to explain the new systems and how they work in the weekly update that they're released in but they don't do that anymore so we wouldn't know if they "fixed" the bug or just took away the benefit of diviner being times your enchantment. So since r2 stopped giving us the info we found out on our own and some players spent hundreds if not thousands of dollars on this system because we all believed it to be diviner x enchantment and now r2 just takes that all away? . They don't explain the systems anymore in the updates so they cant catch fire when something like this happens. Basically r2 sold you a lambo at full price with a temporary engine . If it was never intentional to make it diviner times your enchant then that's a scam. They had months to simply say something on forums or umm idk right after they released it. Whatever the case, low blow on r2's part
      By soul he means affected by %'s from soul, pixie, mount ect
      'Do transformers get car or life insurance?'

Comment

r2 disappointing us again, like always......
        they like to lose some players

Comment

Originally posted by Alt18 View Post
          So basically people wouldn't know if diviner x enchantment was on purpose and since r2 never said anything, people cashed on it till r2 decided no more? Seems like r2 leeched off players until now with Diviner.

Comment

Pretty much and it was brought up in the past, but no comment on it. And that happen, if I recall, a few weeks after it was released. Thus if it's ignored like that, and it wasn't questioned then, why should we assume that this is intentional as it is.
            If you think about it, it's pretty common to know the devs are not sure what's added or not, If it's intentional or not; in other words, if something is wrong unless it's forwarded by a mod.

Like elites: it was asked if it was intentional; it was. When it was removed, now that's the intentional change (if it wasn't, it'd be reverted back, but there's been no notable progress in that regard.)

It's the same thing here: "Diviner" was questioned about the insane stat boost. People went a long with it, but after some time it wasn't regarded much on the basis of how it works; thus it was assumed the intentional way. So people charged, traded with others for the sole purpose of the system. Even for some people to compete, they too worked on this system as well.
            So to turn around and change it with no warning is pretty low.

But anyway if I recall I put this in general support cause it was a question. Didn't mean it as much of a discussion because the players are just as lost. How can anyone here say "oh yeah I lost about 20+% of whatever stat I focus on diviner. That's how it's suppose to work.

I just want to know if it was intentional or not. That's really what it boils down to. We can go back and forth about how fair this change makes it or how unfair it is that people spent hundreds or thousands of dollars(if you think this is an exaggeration, remember 37,000 points for grandmaster 5->6 in one of the images on the "diviner" thread is about $530 worth(assuming no point or consumer event).

I'd also like to point this out that mods don't have all the answers, but they have better access to questions like these than the average player(most of the time.) here's a quote from the thread:
            http://forum.r2games.com/forum/brows...vent-BUG/page2

From my personal experiences. Diviner stats are base stats, they multiply along with soul and so on. The enchant level of your gear also affects how much you get from diviner. There aren't any bugs with it, however, because there isn't a guide for it, there is a lot of confusion about how it works.
            It's literally the top post; but at the time there wasn't considered any bugs(supposedly.) It was pretty sound granted how long diviner worked as it did. But now the change caused players to have their stats drastically decreased.

So again, what is it now? Was it a bug how it worked before or no? If it was, why was it change this late and not addressed sooner?
            As a player, I say that this is not intentional. Only because of how it was perceived in the past and it's a sudden change to a system people believe they knew a great deal about.
            As a consumer, I hope that this is not intentional. personally, I spent money on the system because of what it provided. Now that it does not provide the same benefit that it use to, it feels like my money was wasted. That's just how I feel.

Comment

This just proves you have to be cautious with everything r2 releases, now we'll have to have a straight answer before we spend money or time on any new system.
              Why is bacon called bacon and cookies called cookies when you bake cookies and cook bacon

Comment

Ancient Pixie? Can't upgrade since not mentioned officially so might get nerfted
                Anicent Mounts? ^
                Deification? ^
                Supreme rb? ^
                Genie? ^
                Ect...

So we can't upgrade anymore?
                'Do transformers get car or life insurance?'

Comment

I do not have any information regarding the change in Diviner stats at the moment, however, I will ask. If i learn anything, I will be sure to notify you all.

Edited: As of now, the decrease of Diviner stats has been forwarded and is being looked into.
                  Last edited by KanaDT; 07-16-2017, 08:23 PM.
                  If your question wasn't answered, and you are still needing assistance, send a ticket

Comment

Originally posted by xPrototypeT View Post
                    Ancient Pixie? Can't upgrade since not mentioned officially so might get nerfted
                    Anicent Mounts? ^
                    Deification? ^
                    Supreme rb? ^
                    Genie? ^
                    Ect...

So we can't upgrade anymore?
                    I mean if it's a new system that's too good to be true. Diviner for example, when it came out people were skeptical enough to ask in forums about whether it was a mistake or not.
                    Why is bacon called bacon and cookies called cookies when you bake cookies and cook bacon

Comment

As of now, the movement speed bug for diviner has been fixed. If there are still problems concerning diviner, please notify us.
                      If your question wasn't answered, and you are still needing assistance, send a ticket

Comment

Does that count for the other stats as well besides just movement speed? Since it can also give attack, defense, health, or heal if you're crazy enough. Personally I lost 1.4 million attack; not 14k, not 140k, 1.4 million because of the change. As another poster pointed out, someone lost 7 million.
                        Was just wondering if it's collective since only the movement speed was mentioned.

Either way thanks for forwarding the issue; just curious if it's the whole thing or just the movement speed that was the issue.

Comment

If other stats are still affected by the diviner bug, we will work to get those fixed as well. It would be best if a player could check and see if they have gotten their other stats back. If not, ill have that issue forwarded as well.

Comment

what happen to diviner? i lost my movement speed please fixed it thank you

Comment

I have not(not sure if others have either). But it's still the same(only going by soul, not enhancement which it was before. why the stat drop.)

When I first responded I haven't reclogged yet. But since then I tried:

1) Relogging : didn't work
                              2) Taking the gear off and putting it back on[was after reclogging] : didn't work
                              3) Thought maybe we had to redivine our gear, so used a spare at +0 and +5 with both giving the same stat boost thus : didn't work.

Only three things I could think of, but it's still the same. Unless we have to wait til maintenance to see any changes.

Comment

Working...
                              X