Firefox browser plugin support for Flash going away early 2020

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Firefox browser plugin support for Flash going away early 2020

I was browsing around online and noticed that Firefox intends to completely disable support for Flash early this year, except for the Extended Support Release version of Firefox I hope you've already made contingency plans for converting Crystal Saga and your other games to HTML5, because that's going to be a huge cut in potential players, well before official end-of-life in December of this year.

The last statement regarding this matter that I´ve heard of was that R2 will give us further information mid 2020 regarding Crystal Saga.

I haven´t read what you´re describing here and neither can I find it online, I can only find information about Firefox not automatically enabling flash so that you have to do it manually on a site.

Comment

Its just kind of weird how they need until mid 2020 just to update their players, that's already too close to last quarter where flash is suppose to end. If they are indeed really working on html conversion for CS as well as other game titles, shouldn't it be just about completely finished by now?

The more they linger and prolong any definitive plans/announcement, the more it gets worrisome for the playerbase.

Comment

Originally posted by Kalaripayattu View Post
        Its just kind of weird how they need until mid 2020 just to update their players, that's already too close to last quarter where flash is suppose to end. If they are indeed really working on html conversion for CS as well as other game titles, shouldn't it be just about completely finished by now?

The more they linger and prolong any definitive plans/announcement, the more it gets worrisome for the playerbase.
        they've already converted some of their more popular/money earning games(they even advertise these games saying they no longer use flash but html so it runs better lol), its safe to say cs, cs2 among other dead games r2 still has (since severs are cheap) will officially die when the time comes, i mean when they shut down a game they dont even give much time in advance anyway, but this is just my opinion i guess
        'Do transformers get car or life insurance?'

Comment

I apologize for the late response. At this time we do not have any information as to what will be decided regarding the ending of flash at the end of this year. It has been requested for more information regarding flash. Once we have more information we will be sure to make an announcement post notifying all players. Thank you, and happy gaming.
          If you have a problem, need assistance and we can't help? Submit a ticket with R2 here
          Please, view the bug report list here - CS1
          Forum Rules are located here
          Please, view the bug report list here - CS2
          Looking for a guide? Try here.*

CS1 - FAQ here

Please, note my inbox is broken. Post your issue or question on the forums.

Comment

Originally posted by xPrototypeT View Post

they've already converted some of their more popular/money earning games(they even advertise these games saying they no longer use flash but html so it runs better lol), its safe to say cs, cs2 among other dead games r2 still has (since severs are cheap) will officially die when the time comes, i mean when they shut down a game they dont even give much time in advance anyway, but this is just my opinion i guess
            Indeed, this seems to be what the final lineup would look like unless they do some last minute conversion to HTML of their game titles. Over the years of my experience with R2, they always have a knack of surprising people in a disappointing way, majority of the time, lol.

Comment

Originally posted by *Minori* View Post
              I apologize for the late response. At this time we do not have any information as to what will be decided regarding the ending of flash at the end of this year. It has been requested for more information regarding flash. Once we have more information we will be sure to make an announcement post notifying all players. Thank you, and happy gaming.
              As always hats off to our hardworking mods, thank you for bridging the gap between us players and R2/devs.

As for being handed down the info about end of flash, pretty sure you guys will receive it during the last minute, that's pretty much how R2 and their developers are. They'd want to milk as much from their cashers.

Comment

They will probably switch from adobe flash to html5.

Comment

Originally posted by payatskie View Post
                  They will probably switch from adobe flash to html5.
                  ur gonna be disappointed then
                  'Do transformers get car or life insurance?'

Comment

Working...
                  X