Enchanting System...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MemoryLane View Post
    You haven't seen the Demon Lord + wing upgrades yet, have you? Those are maddening.

Personally (and I count myself among the notoriously unlucky), I think a static system would be quite boring. Half the fun in upgrading something successfully is being successful with the upgrade.
    Well, perhaps you are right about a constant amount of required item will be boring but getting something upgrade in fist click should not be added in the game. For example, to get a Bear, you need about 6-12 stars to ensure success. It should be impossible to upgrade it with 5 or below stars and if you already have 12 stars, the next try will be a sure upgrade.. Again, I'm not sure about the numbers because I have stopped playing CS for a long time (the only reason I decided to play again is because of the new server release) but you know what I mean. There should not be "very lucky" people who get stuff in first try or something that is out of normal.

And maybe, when you fail in enchanting, your equip's level will not decrease but rather stay the same level. And you'll get increase percent (%) chance to upgrade. If you know how it feels to have a +12 go back to +4 or something after using stacks of Magic Dusts/DCs.
    life is unfair

Comment

I'd rather go with stars system. Whenever you fail at enchanting, you'll get certain amount of stars to ensure your luck on next enchantment, not our current system that is far too ruthless for the unlucky but serious people

And farming DC is much more boring than what MemoryLane's stated
      Last edited by R24656887; 06-05-2013, 02:40 AM.
      ――罨――
      阿謨伽尾盧左曩 摩訶母捺囉摩抳 鉢納摩 人嚩攞 鉢囉韈哆野吽
      地・水・火・風・空に偏在する金剛 界尊よ
      今ぞ遍く光に滅相し奉る!
      天地玄妙神辺変通力離――
      卍曼荼羅ァ――無量大数ゥ!

Comment

or as some people have suggested already, but ignored thoroughly by higher ups, a certain 'safe zone' could be implemented. +9 could very well be the safe zone for any enchanting that goes beyond that figure.

Its a business, hence this 'safe zone' policy will undermine the profit, we can very well understand that. But burning 300+ DCs for a certain single upgrade, is madness really.

Comment

They have SuperDCs in other version 100% success rate.

Comment

i lost 50+ DC to enchant my superior fragarach staff VI+7 to +9 too bad im only free users back to grind again
            Server: Aquatic Crypts
            Character [S15]IYOT

Comment

Originally posted by Blinq View Post
              or as some people have suggested already, but ignored thoroughly by higher ups, a certain 'safe zone' could be implemented. +9 could very well be the safe zone for any enchanting that goes beyond that figure.

Its a business, hence this 'safe zone' policy will undermine the profit, we can very well understand that. But burning 300+ DCs for a certain single upgrade, is madness really.
              There should be a 'safe zone' for all levels. Just make it like mount/wings system in which when you fail, you'll get increase chance of success (lucky stars) but you're mount/wings will not revert back if you fail.
              life is unfair

Comment

I got my sword to +9 then I used 120 DC and go back to +7 now lol....

Comment

I think they should just make like a scroll of some sort and use it for enchanting so when you enchant ur item and fail it wont drop down.

Comment

Originally posted by RandomGamer View Post
                    There should be a 'safe zone' for all levels. Just make it like mount/wings system in which when you fail, you'll get increase chance of success (lucky stars) but you're mount/wings will not revert back if you fail.
                    Perhaps you could elaborate a bit about the relationship between star system with the enchant levels? Cause imagine having 12-15 stars for upgrading only from +10 to +11 (maybe lesser stars at lesser enchant levels), could very well be the same case as of burning 300 DCs for 1 upgrade >.>

Unless i read you wrong.

Comment

the main point is..... with the wings, mount etc you need the lucky stars to know were getting close.
                      with the enchanting system its just pure and utter blind luck.

ive used over 500 major enchantment xtals to get to +7 on my slayers armor but only 3.5 lucky stars to get my angel lord wings and 20 fire lord eggs to get my lovely fire lord so go figure???

did i use all my ingame luck to get my firelord and wings??? and now R2 are getting payback by making me fal on everything else????

or is it just shear chance?
                      (S55)KillerElite
                      Eidilon Knight LvL61
                      Guild:Legends
                      Pets: DemonKing, Panda(Adult), Firelord,Darkreaper

We Legends Stay legends

Comment

First of all, Don't spam with Dragon Crystals do one enchantment at a time and reset i did +4 to +11 with no fails
                        Alexandriaa S41 lvl 70 Mage 1,223,430 Br (Vip5)

LexÃ*Ã* S42 lvl 70 Hunter 1,299,090 Br (Vip7)

Comment

then you were lucky now iv had the unlucky part of dc wher i was enchanting to +5 on superior frag with dc and have it fail and drop to +3, my idea would be to make it like wartune where if it fails it doesnt drop but still keep the % rate
                          Crystal Saga:
                          IGN: (S57)Suzemebatchi
                          Server: Eternal Sanctum
                          Class: Rogue
                          Plane: Eidolon
                          Level: 150
                          Spouse: (J7)Rhaiine01
                          Wings: Demon Lord +4
                          Weapon: Prefect Frag IX +9
                          Mount: Gilded Battle Stallion, Alicorn, Flying Carpet, White Griffin, Angelfire Dragon
                          Pixie : Celestial
                          Nobility: Emperor
                          Guild: (S2)Dragonspine
                          Pets: Teeka Gen 3 +9, Fire Lord, Ultrasaurus Rex, Gobbler, Dark reaper +13, Werewolf Overlord +12, Pet Bunny, Panda Adult, Super Angel/Demon.

Comment

Working...
                          X