PC cost of making Frageron Shards

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PC cost of making Frageron Shards

I've wondered about which is more cost efficient (PC wise) when making Fragarach Shards from item synthesis, so when I got my first shining gem coupon from the Vidalian Pack I figured I should start calculating and I found out something slightly off.

First off some number crunching:

Starting from shining gem and onwards it takes 1 PC to make the next level of gem.

Shining Gem (Level 5) = 1 PC to make (Disregarding other costs)
    Excellent Gem (Level 6) = 4 PC to make (3 * 1 (Cost of previous level gem) + 1 extra)
    Superior Gem (Level 7 = 13 PC to make (3 * 4 + 1)
    Flawless Gem (8) = 40 PC
    Perfect Gem (9) = 121 PC
    Immaculate Gem (10) = 364 PC

Creating 1 Fragarach Shard costs:
    6 Shining Gems (3 Topaz and 3 Ruby)
    2 PC

Total PC cost = (6 * 1) + 2 = 8 PC
    PC cost per Fragarach Shard = 8 / 1 = 1

Creating 6 Fragarach Shard costs:
    6 Superior Gems (3 Topaz and 3 Ruby)
    10 PC

Total PC cost = (6 * 13) + 10 = 88 PC
    PC cost per Fragarach Shard = 88 / 6 = 14.667

Creating 40 Fragarach Shard costs:
    2 Immaculate Gems (1 Topaz and 1 Ruby)
    50 PC

Total PC cost = (2 * 364) + 50 = 778 PC
    PC cost per Fragarach Shard = 778 / 40 = 19.45

NB: You save about 50s per Fragarach Shard as you go from making 1 -> 6 and another 50s going from 6 -> 40

So according to my calculations (in which I hope is wrong) making 1 Fragarach Shard is actually cheaper (PC wise) then making either 6 or 40 Fragarach Shards at a time.

TL;DR: Making 1 Fragarach shard is more cost efficient (PC wise) then making 6 or 40.

Now I'm wondering is this working as intended or have I miscalculated something.

There is too much numbers and less picture, meaning i have no idea what you are talking about.. Another language maybe?

Comment

You have forgotten the cost to make superior gems or Immaculates. You should take those into account to before giving efficient-values. Gem-wise it is true that if you want to use a little gems for as many frag's possible, the shinings are the way to go. Pc-wise it seems to be the same. Gold-wise I forgot but somebody on the forums calculated that one as well.

And ehm I understand you used some mathematics there but, on the shining gem-calculation you're saying it's 1 pc for 1 frag shard, while it is 8 pc's? ( 8 divided by 1 = still 8, not 1)
      Crystal Saga:
      IGN: speeds
      Server: Windshear Peaks
      Lv 120 [Eidolon] Nature Ranger - Emperor
      Proud owner of the Lv 120 [Eidolon] Holy priest alt, double-parked outside
      Officially the #1 Nature Ranger of Windshear Peaks & six merged servers

Wartune (semi-inactive):
      IGN: Speeds16
      Server: Temple of Ibalize
      Lv45 Archer - Guild Luminaire

Comment

I calculated the cost of doing 40 shards with 3 possible methods some days ago, and yes with shining gems it's cheapest. The costs were something like ~18d if you go with Immaculates, ~16d if you go with Superiors and ~14.8d if you go with Shinings.
        Stalkers OP.

Best (ex) R2 employee quote: "Be kind to your fellow players ~ you never know when they are alt GMs "

Comment

I did some calculations on this as well, my calculations say that making 1 shard at a time is cheaper than making 6 or 40. I didn't calculate in the gold cost, but if you make 40 shard, you use a whole lot more PCs then you need if your going to synth them 1 by 1. Even though it is slightly cheaper in gold when synthing, adding in all the PCs, I'd say synth them 1 by 1.

The only exception would be if your going to buy your gems as immaculate, then you can disregard the PCs for synthesizing gems and that would give you a cheaper price (if you brought gems with crystals) but otherwise I'd say synth them one by one.
          If I post something really weird that makes no sense whatsoever it means I'm not mentally there at the time I post it (probably sleep deprived)

Character: (S31)Kiesha
          Server: Tree of Life
          Plane: Eidolon
          Class: Hybrid Priest
          Guild: Harmless

Comment

Working...
          X