Announcement

Collapse

Website Instability

We are aware of the issue with the website being unstable. The issue is currently being worked on. We thank you for your patience in the meantime.
See more
See less

Knight vs Mage

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Knight vs Mage

So lets say a Knight with maxed tenets fights a mage with maxed tenets what do you expect to be the outcome.
    I've yet to play knight nor mage very far so don't know how it would end I assume when a knight get enough damage reduction he can handle the damage cause right now it's just a who hits who first type of fight but as the game goes further to end game I think knight will eventually outdo the mage in damage and tankyness am I correct?

Yeah see on our server we had that...Mage won.

Game: Crystal Saga
    Char name : (K1)Azaleic

Level : 150 Eido
    _________
    Game : Monkey King Online
    Name: Azaleic
    Level : 90
    Server: [S31] Hall of Frost
    BR:135115

Comment

Mage will never beat a skilled knight lmao
      💎Crystal Saga💎
      ☆Game Name: (s61)kanyo™
      ☆Death Tank
      ☆PvP King at your service
      ☆Class:Knight
      Upgrading a system and seeing the new *look* it gives is one of the best feelings huh? 😅

“You’re more important than my sword. …But just a little.”
      — Angeal (Final Fantasy VII: Crisis Core)

Comment

Originally posted by R2109828 View Post
        So lets say a Knight with maxed tenets fights a mage with maxed tenets what do you expect to be the outcome.
        I've yet to play knight nor mage very far so don't know how it would end I assume when a knight get enough damage reduction he can handle the damage cause right now it's just a who hits who first type of fight but as the game goes further to end game I think knight will eventually outdo the mage in damage and tankyness am I correct?
        I would say mage is one of the worst classes for pvp 1vs1

As eidolon knights can get Angelic blessing that grant them invincibility for x amount of time depending on the level so it doesn't need damage reduction at all.

This is how I imagine battle to go.

Angelic blessing (obvious reason) > Hook (to drag it near you) > Shield breaker (3.5secs stun and 68% damage increase at level 5) > still alive? > Reckoning (to remove its buffs if it got any) > Shock blade (66% damage increase) > R.I.P Mage

Don't even need angelic if the said knight got quick reflexes.

Since both have maxed tenets (and I'm assume not much of other things done) it could also go like this.... One of the two will use rage and one hit the other. Forever noob :P

Comment

Originally posted by R2349858 View Post
          I would say mage is one of the worst classes for pvp 1vs1

As eidolon knights can get Angelic blessing that grant them invincibility for x amount of time depending on the level so it doesn't need damage reduction at all.

This is how I imagine battle to go.

Angelic blessing (obvious reason) > Hook (to drag it near you) > Shield breaker (3.5secs stun and 68% damage increase at level 5) > still alive? > Reckoning (to remove its buffs if it got any) > Shock blade (66% damage increase) > R.I.P Mage

Don't even need angelic if the said knight got quick reflexes.

Since both have maxed tenets (and I'm assume not much of other things done) it could also go like this.... One of the two will use rage and one hit the other. Forever noob :P
          Couldn't mage possibly blink away from the dragon hook tho?

Or couldn't the mage possibly use lvl 5 blink offensively, meteor, and burst the knight?
          Last edited by xSlaya; 05-12-2015, 02:33 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by xSlaya View Post
            Couldn't mage possibly blink away from the dragon hook tho?

Or couldn't the mage possibly use lvl 5 blink offensively, meteor, and burst the knight?
            From my experience fighting mages first thing they do during battle is try to meteor you :P I'm yet to experience a mage blinking away from my hook though but with the right timing everything is possible I guess.

Let's say mage use blink offensively and charge toward me it would basically do me a favor, because I was going to use hook on it anyway. Could possibly work if it was faster than me but in time said mage use blink I would be activating Angelic. So even if it was faster I wouldn't be taking any damage and as soon as his/her meteor stun run out it would be dead. And seeing as Angelic last for 7.5 secs I would most likely use angelic 1 sec before we get in range of each other if the mage is able to kill me in couple hits.

Edit: I would say at lower levels mages got better chance fighting knight, but as the game progress knights get more and more advantage.
            Last edited by R2349858; 05-12-2015, 03:18 PM.

Comment

From my experience fighting mages first thing they do during battle is try to meteor you :P I'm yet to experience a mage blinking away from my hook though but with the right timing everything is possible I guess.

Let's say mage use blink offensively and charge toward me it would basically do me a favor, because I was going to use hook on it anyway. Could possibly work if it was faster than me but in time said mage use blink I would be activating Angelic. So even if it was faster I wouldn't be taking any damage and as soon as his/her meteor stun run out it would be dead. And seeing as Angelic last for 7.5 secs I would most likely use angelic 1 sec before we get in range of each other if the mage is able to kill me in couple hits.

Edit: I would say at lower levels mages got better chance fighting knight, but as the game progress knights get more and more advantage.
              No I mean a mage would blink offensively so that the knight couldn't target him in time to use his dragon hook. Idk then would there be time to use angelic blessing before the blink, stun combo, I guess that's the determinant of the outcome.
              Last edited by xSlaya; 05-12-2015, 04:19 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by xSlaya View Post
                No I mean a mage would blink offensively so that you couldn't target him in time to use your dragon hook. Idk then would there be time to use angelic blessing before the blink, stun combo, I guess that's the determinant of the outcome.
                You can use ` the key next to 1 to target, it auto target nearest target for you.

Edit: Your keyboard need to be set on English (United States) to work, I tried on my native language it didn't work and not sure if it work if keyboard is set on some other language.
                Last edited by R2349858; 05-12-2015, 04:24 PM.

Comment

If youre going to talk about skilled mages vs knights then you have to be able to actually read your opponent rather than mash out your skills. 90% of players on this game really don't know how to play their own class, and thats after giving a 9% credit assuming there are some players out there who probably do, not likely though. If it came down to actually know what youre doing a mage vs a knight then you'll have to have good fps and ping. It would most likely tart off ith the knight using AB and drag, cause its sooo unpredictable, right? Just time your blink to ALWAYS blink away the moment after you get dragged. with high attack speed thats a very little window. At this point they will most likely run away and you might as well say you outplayed them. IF they decide to chase you, just keep going until their AB runs out. Always stun after that then the following--> fission, get close to proc it, back away, lightning. Even after the 3.5 stun they will be severly slowed. Place ready ONLY. assuming they have decent soul forgiveness will proc more if you lie balrogs down. Proceed to burst them down like you normally would.
                  If they arent the typical AB drag initiator, which will be very very very rare, just bait it out with a lightning and keeping your distance, they'll most likely TRY to drag you before you run(this is where the skill part comes into play because you have to know if they are going to do it). If they dont drag just set a trap with ready in front of them, so if they move they;l run into it. if they finally run this time flash/blink/teleport in and meteor them, activate your aug skill, burst for 3 seconds then aug skill will knock em back and you can blink away again making more distancethan before.
                  I know some knights out there will be like "i have high movement speed i can easily chase down a mage". Consider the fact that they have to cover 500 range first from when you teled after you blinked, by then AB usually runs out.
                  As for pets: They have a pet with stun? watch for the attack and ice crystal (level 1 preferably) then turn on a charm or stun pet.
                  Drag pet--> same thing, unless you can time an SA knockback very very well(never tried it never will).
                  Attack pets are pretty much useless.
                  Tank pets... youll most likely take it out fast. Preferably if you get stunned keep one handy and turn it to attack to soak up some damage.
                  All in all if you know what youre doing melee classes in any game usually arent hard. Their strong point is their defense and thats about it. In any other situations just be clever about what you have~
                  Firekitty
                  S63 Hellstorm
                  Info: ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Comment

Originally posted by KitN_Bloodwell View Post
                    If youre going to talk about skilled mages vs knights then you have to be able to actually read your opponent rather than mash out your skills. 90% of players on this game really don't know how to play their own class, and thats after giving a 9% credit assuming there are some players out there who probably do, not likely though. If it came down to actually know what youre doing a mage vs a knight then you'll have to have good fps and ping. It would most likely tart off ith the knight using AB and drag, cause its sooo unpredictable, right? Just time your blink to ALWAYS blink away the moment after you get dragged. with high attack speed thats a very little window. At this point they will most likely run away and you might as well say you outplayed them. IF they decide to chase you, just keep going until their AB runs out. Always stun after that then the following--> fission, get close to proc it, back away, lightning. Even after the 3.5 stun they will be severly slowed. Place ready ONLY. assuming they have decent soul forgiveness will proc more if you lie balrogs down. Proceed to burst them down like you normally would.
                    If they arent the typical AB drag initiator, which will be very very very rare, just bait it out with a lightning and keeping your distance, they'll most likely TRY to drag you before you run(this is where the skill part comes into play because you have to know if they are going to do it). If they dont drag just set a trap with ready in front of them, so if they move they;l run into it. if they finally run this time flash/blink/teleport in and meteor them, activate your aug skill, burst for 3 seconds then aug skill will knock em back and you can blink away again making more distancethan before.
                    I know some knights out there will be like "i have high movement speed i can easily chase down a mage". Consider the fact that they have to cover 500 range first from when you teled after you blinked, by then AB usually runs out.
                    As for pets: They have a pet with stun? watch for the attack and ice crystal (level 1 preferably) then turn on a charm or stun pet.
                    Drag pet--> same thing, unless you can time an SA knockback very very well(never tried it never will).
                    Attack pets are pretty much useless.
                    Tank pets... youll most likely take it out fast. Preferably if you get stunned keep one handy and turn it to attack to soak up some damage.
                    All in all if you know what youre doing melee classes in any game usually arent hard. Their strong point is their defense and thats about it. In any other situations just be clever about what you have~
                    Like I said in my post before this, I'm yet to experience mage blink away from my hook, because my hook and stun come one after another almost instantly. But I used hook as an example because most knights use it, I prefer charge my self even if you somehow menage to blink away before I stun you, your movement speed will be reduced by 70%.

Btw in case you didn't know knights also got weapon skill, that makes them unable to be dragged or pushed back. That and Spiritguard skill that makes them unable to be stunned, cursed, silenced.

Edit: If you add pets into picture then mages are in even bigger disadvantage
                    Last edited by R2349858; 05-12-2015, 04:39 PM.

Comment

Like I said in my post before this, I'm yet to experience mage blink away from my hook, because my hook and stun come one after another almost instantly. But I used hook as an example because most knights use it, I prefer charge my self even if you somehow menage to blink away before I stun you, your movement speed will be reduced by 70%.

Btw in case you didn't know knights also got weapon skill, that makes them unable to be dragged or pushed back. That and Spiritguard skill that makes them unable to be stunned, cursed, silenced.

Edit: If you add pets into picture then mages are in even bigger disadvantage
                      Blink removes movement speed reductions. And as IVE said before you have to assume the mage has good fps and ping, which most people dont, not even the knight itself. And ALSO as IVE said before. "In any other situations just be clever about what you have". Just IC. If purged blink away, most of the stuff beyond that are things you'll have to know about your opponent.
                      This is the third time me saying "AS IVE SAID" if youre a skilled mage then a knights skills shouldnt be anything too surprising. There isnt any really that can come as a sudden surprise.
                      Firekitty
                      S63 Hellstorm
                      Info: ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Comment

Originally posted by KitN_Bloodwell View Post
                        Blink removes movement speed reductions. And as IVE said before you have to assume the mage has good fps and ping, which most people dont, not even the knight itself. And ALSO as IVE said before. "In any other situations just be clever about what you have". Just IC. If purged blink away, most of the stuff beyond that are things you'll have to know about your opponent.
                        This is the third time me saying "AS IVE SAID" if youre a skilled mage then a knights skills shouldnt be anything too surprising. There isnt any really that can come as a sudden surprise.
                        You also said "Their strong point is their defense and thats about it. " getting attack on this game is way too easy. Def and HP are the most important things.

But, good luck fighting a skilled knight that can't be damage, stunned, pushed back, dragged, cursed, silenced with a mage. Especially late game or as the guy that started this thread said with both having tenets maxed where battles don't even last more than 5 secs.

I guess we could go back and fort all day and talk about this but I'm done with this thread now, (if you reply I'll see it but I won't reply) because there's really nothing anyone could say that could convince me that a skilled mage could possibly beat a skilled knight on this game.

Comment

Working...
                        X