What are the Downsides???

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What are the Downsides???

Ok so every class has a downside, i just can't figure out what the ranger's is.

Knight: has low Patk(if pure End). Melee
    Rouge: Very Very Squishy. Melee only
    Priest:healing slave in dungeons
    Mage: Low Pdef
    Ranger:???

What is the downside of being a ranger? Pls tell me.
    IGN: Catnip
    Server: S62 Bloodshed Hollow
    Guild: Chaos
    Level: 60 Scion
    Class: Anyone who knows me knows my class :P nature ranger shhhh
    Soul: 300/3000

- Its just a game. Don't take it too personal :)

my char is priest and i never being slave in dungeon. im solo in dungeon even killer dean which is same with my level rite now.
    u have to remembers priest had 2 jobs . 1 holly and 1 bloody. bloody is DPS and its not for healing ppl, althose it has 1 healing skill, that healing skill just for him self to keep survive soloing in dungeon.

guess u are wrong about priest.
    -=[ W3LC0M3 T0 TH3 DARKSID3 ]=-
    CrystalSaga
    • Server:[S1] Aurora Point
    • IGN: CLASSIFIED
    • Guild: Unknown
    • Level: Noob No Longer
    • Type: Bloody Priest

Wartune
    • Server:[S56] Downtown Forest
    • IGN: CLASSIFIED
    • Guild: Unknown
    • Level: 12
    • Type: Mage

------------------------------------

Guide :
    1) FlasH Player Crash ! UrgHHHhh!!!

Comment

Rangers have a somewhat low defense. NOT the lowest, but a low defense.
      Ahhh... How shall I put it, I sometimes thought of the ranger class as the "Jack of all trades, master of none".

They can be a DPS like a knight, got almost the speed of a rogue, can heal himself like a priest, and nat rangers can be like the other version of a mage. But rangers got all their weakness too

Plus in our lower levels, we can only attack one monster at a time. And no, traps aren't really much of an attack, more of a anti-buffer or an opposite of a buff.

Useless
      ...but actually does something like stalk every word you post
      Forum-cleaner

This moderator is unreliable, I'm serious

Comment

Oh ok, just thought that rangers are the most powerful characters in this game. Guess everyone has disadvantages.
        IGN: Catnip
        Server: S62 Bloodshed Hollow
        Guild: Chaos
        Level: 60 Scion
        Class: Anyone who knows me knows my class :P nature ranger shhhh
        Soul: 300/3000

- Its just a game. Don't take it too personal :)

Comment

An Endurance Knight with a good developed Soul hurts a lot.
          The King doesn't fall so easily boys

Comment

Ranger is an all-round class, the most balanced class imo as it almost have all the advantages of all classes.

it can tank ( barskin and traps ) but not as good as knight tanking ability.
            it can dps ( strongshot, magic arrows etc ) but not as good as rogue or mage.
            it can heal ( quick heal, oak blessing, conversion ) but not as good as priest heal.

Ranger disadvantage was it's own advantage, it can't really edge any criteria compared to other classes.
            IGN : terrabyss
            Server : Killer's Den
            Class : (Nature) Ranger
            Level : 64
            Plane : Scion
            Pet : Burning Angel Gen1 lv.87
            Pixie : (4th form) Celestial Pixie lv.35

Comment

i agree with terra )))
              IGN: (S43)Raineee
              Class: Mage
              Server: Killer's Den (merged with Glacial Planes, Shrine of Ariel, The Void Encampment, Sullen Dunes and Cimmerian Woodlands)
              Guild: (S43)Champions
              Position: Cutest

Officially the #1 Mage in Killer's Den and STILL the cutest in merged servers

i'm a female gamer with mandible claws :D those who dares to defy me shall be eaten alive by karma ;D

Comment

Actuall One way rangers downside is without barskin rangers are still squishy just not as bad as rogues but with barskin you cant have it going all the time it has a cooldown.
                Server: Windshear Peaks
                Name: NeonGenesis
                Plain: Mortal
                Lvl: 40~
                Guild: Disorder
                Class:Ranger
                Skill Tree: Anti-Mage/Hybrid

Comment

Rangers are well all around if you gear them right. Lol only play rogues if you have time & money.
                  Lil by lil my signature will become better.

Ign: Sai
                  Level: 130
                  Class: Rogue
                  Plane: Eidolon
                  Honor: Emperor
                  Server: (S31)TreeOfLife
                  Guild: Rebels
                  Pet: DemonKing

Comment

Rangers have some of everything, and people make it sound like that's bad... another way of looking at it is that it's good that rangers have skills from all the classes...

Comment

rangers sucks.. at low lvl or a new server, ok u can pawn others..
                      at hi er lvl ranger sucks.. the only thing ranger good at is at dungeons..
                      on par with other job class, here s what u gonna get..
                      vs knight, hooked, stunned, dead..
                      vs rogue, stunned, dead
                      vs priest with a good build, crit blood pact + light beam? dead
                      vs mage meteor, flame explo, dead.... ur silence kicks in, ok u got a chance..
                      vs other ranger.. hmm so so

why? coz ranger only got 1 OP skill, which is strong shot, its main purpose is, u can use it when other player didnt notice it, or u have a meatshield tanking for u..

aspd, ok elven swiftness add 10%.. but.. base atk on ranger is 0.9 sec, while rogue and knight 0.8.. wait rogue has a passive aspd skill also xD

spammable skill, not as many as knights

AoE, RoA is good, but with 6s cd, compares with knight's saber slash with 2s cd? *** !!! well its a targeted AoE, so u can use RoA at any place u want to

the only thing rangers good at is, running

support skill?
                      barkskin, good at lower lvl, at hi er lvl on pvp, the damage outheal the barkskin effect
                      compares with rogue's vagabond which has almost perfect dodge..
                      compares with knight's titan guard which has 30s cd? lol it sucks

how to play ranger? keep distance, look for meatshield to tank so u can hit freely..

good thing? wait for eidolon to come, the eidolon skill on nature tree gonna make a difference there..

overall, ranger sucks imo.. on comparison with other job class at higher lvl.. especially on 1 vs 1 with other job class

Comment

You gotta be kidding me, ranger is one of a very good classes to pvp. It stands on par with any other class (except for priest which is worse at pvp than others). Ranger has quite a number of spammable skills, can attack from a far, can silence, can get 15% magic damage reduction, can technically have 5s invulnerability with bar skin (unless you got crit'd, but then which class but knight doesn't die from crit at lvl 100?)

Ranger is like a mix of all other classes: a little tanking ability, some disable skills, can heal, decent DPS. If you can fully ultilize all of the above, ranger can triumph any other class. I know of a nature ranger in my guild who can kill people with 300-400 soul completion than his, and another anti-mage ranger who is just plain OP (check out (S7)Dupy for more information :P)

Also,
                        Originally posted by R2815308 View Post
                        vs knight, hooked, stunned, dead..
                        vs rogue, stunned, dead
                        vs priest with a good build, crit blood pact + light beam? dead
                        vs mage meteor, flame explo, dead
                        Isn't that applied to everyone and not just ranger?
                        Last edited by R21892248; 09-04-2012, 08:34 AM.

Comment

rangers.....even got high mdef still got killed eazy by high lvl mage...even the ranger hv better soul and AM class and same lvl as the mage

Comment

Most of the time high lvl pvp is like that: whoever gets stunned/silenced first will die. It applies to everyone and not just AM ranger vs mage.

Comment

Originally posted by R21892248 View Post
                              Most of the time high lvl pvp is like that: whoever gets stunned/silenced first will die. It applies to everyone and not just AM ranger vs mage.
                              Not in Priests case, remember that we can't do anything while we're stunning the enemy.
                              Stalkers OP.

Best (ex) R2 employee quote: "Be kind to your fellow players ~ you never know when they are alt GMs "

Comment

Working...
                              X