Random Mute

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Random Mute

On 8/29/2014 shortly after IOB ended I found myself muted and upon reviewing my world chat I could find no reason for the mute.
    There were plenty others who should have received a mute at that time but none were not muted but me.
    While I am not a big time casher I do spend money on this game on a regular basis and did not appreciate being muted for no reason.
    I would appreciate someone looking into this and I do expect a reply as to who and why I was muted.

Sincerely
    2Old2Care

Mutes are not normally sent out for "no reason". Try tracing your steps and recalling if you violated any of our chat regulations (I.E. using vulgar language (censors do count), spamming, etcetera.)

Comment

Reverie,

I did review and no, no violations.

Thank-you for the reply.
      Sincerely 2Old2Care

Comment

You were most likely unable to retrace your violation due to the exceeded limit of chat-scrolling. Earlier chats are scrolled off the visible chat interface after so much chatting occurs.

Comment

When 2Old got muted, 7 of us went through chat. You could clearly see his last post, He said "I have a question for you" "would you like IoB to be free for all or are you liking the system we have in place" after this statement was made he was muted. He did not filter dodge, he did not swear, he did not threaten, in fact he did not violate the ToS at all in WC. 2Old is always polite well mannered in World Chat, So to say that "You were most likely unable to retrace your violation" is absurd.
          APOLOYMI
          MARRIED TO ♥♥♥♥ SHADOWGAMMADRACO ♥♥♥♥
          LEVEL180 EIDOLON SHADOW ROGUE

GUILD: The Spartans
          (S44)PSYCHODELICA
          GEN3 KYUBI

Helpful Posts and Ideas that i have made, check them out

Comment

I've already reviewed the issue, and from the looks of it, there were a couple instances where censors were used against another player, so the idea of chat-expiring is not at all absurd. As previously stated, mutes (unless accidentally inputted by my superiors) are never sent out randomly nor on heresay. If a violation was spotted and proved to have occurred, said player will be muted at the discretion of the GMs.

Comment

Reverie,

I've taken this to the next level. There were several players who should have been muted at the time I was and were not. I'm not about to spend money in a game where punishment is handed out in an uneven manner.

Sincerely,
              2Old2Care

Comment

random mutes are very much given. i am randomly muted on a regular bases, and i dont ever filter dodge. i do however use words that are NOT censored on a regular daily basis. so you saying that 2old COULD NOT have been randomly muted is absurd.
                Last edited by Reverie; 08-30-2014, 01:26 PM. Reason: Oh hello.
                (S39)Schrodinger, Eidolon, Knight
                server: Erie Marsh

"Save a life, grope your wife" Breast Cancer awareness
                "Stupid people are like slinkies, they are good for nothing but will bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs."

Comment

random mutes are very much given, I have been randomly muted before and I hadn't even spoken in World Chat.

Also 2Old is the most nicest person on our server and there are players who talk non stop using vulgar language in our World Chat and yet they do not get muted....

Also looking back at the chat I can see for myself that there are 3 players swearing and using vulgar language towards each other, and yet they did not get muted only 2Old after he asked an innocent question....hmmmm sus to me
                  APOLOYMI

(S44)PSYCHODELICA
                  GEN3 KYUBI

Comment

Do take into consideration that both the system itself (should it detect something) mutes chatters as well as the GMs (who manually do so should they be driven to believe said player needs a time-out). GMs do not randomly send out mutes -- their mutes are justified. We also do not monitor every server's chat, so there may very well be moments where many players get away with swearing on server A when server B is receiving mutes. The system itself may run into instance where it accidentally mutes, as all programs have their disadvantages. Again, mutes are sent out at the discretion and the leisure of the GMs.

Comment

"The system itself may run into instance where it accidentally mutes" The System can only go off what it is told to do by the coding that a Human has programmed it to do, therefore it is a human error not a system error, unless there is a bug in your system, if that is the case then it need to be addressed as there are a lot of random mutes happening recently sense the merge.

I can name 5 as of yesterday.
                      APOLOYMI

(S44)PSYCHODELICA
                      GEN3 KYUBI

Comment

Reverie,

As a former GM and code writer for an older popular MMORPG I know about system mutes and system bugs. I also know about how mods and gms operate. Certainly what you say is possible. However, I believe that something else may be occurring here. Since my mute several players have talked to me about their mutes and there appears to be a pattern. I also know that game operators take it very seriously when one of their cashers requests assistance and when their income is in jeopardy. Let's let this take it's course.

Sincerely,
                        2Old2Care

Comment

If players have specific questions regarding why they received mutes, feel free to submit your inquiries via ticket here: http://support.r2games.com/. The GMs will further review the mute and remove it should it still be activated, at their discretion.

Comment

You were muted for how long? 30 mins?

Comment

1 hour mute

And I see another player has been muted while afk.
                              Last edited by Reverie; 08-30-2014, 03:17 PM. Reason: Posts merged.

Comment

Working...
                              X