R2Games vs Kongregate?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• R2Games vs Kongregate?

Hello all! I was wondering what the difference between Kongregate hosted Crystal Saga and R2Games hosted Crystal Saga?

Are they both the same version?

Both have high population?

Same cash shop prices?

Anyone know? Thanks

They are both exactly the same...
    Server: (S39) Erie Marsh
    Character: Jessie
    Class: Priest
    Level: 106+
    Plane Eidolon
    Guild DarkCrusade

“I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best.”

Comment

Both the same. Both run by R2.

Comment

Well from what I've heard & seen Kong servers has less players, no merges, harder to get any customer support. But then again for example they're the first to get on server after maintenances. So yea I'd say stay on R2 servers.
        Stalkers OP.

Best (ex) R2 employee quote: "Be kind to your fellow players ~ you never know when they are alt GMs "

Comment

Originally posted by venomeh View Post
          Well from what I've heard & seen Kong servers has less players, no merges, harder to get any customer support. But then again for example they're the first to get on server after maintenances. So yea I'd say stay on R2 servers.
          Beg to differ. Kong had a merge through S1 to S4 a few weeks ago. As for population, just like in R2, new servers are more lively due to people server hopping, it naturally has a smaller player database but compared to my current server here, which is underpopulated in my opinion, S4 was much more crowded back when it first opened on Kong.

Kong servers run on PST(or PDT now, not sure need to check) though. That's something to keep in mind.

Comment

So I went to Kong's site and found someone posted this on their forum today:

"First of all its R2 games, aka Reality Squared. They also help manage the servers here on kong. So in realty the only difference is kong gets advertising money and small portion of kredz purchased while R2 will take the rest.
            Also kong has kong chat, and kong promotions that may involve this game.
            Both offer ways to earn free crystal(i.e. trail pay offers to earn free kredz exist albeit harder to earn than on R2’s main site.
            Basically:
            Kong has more noobs, less spammers. Only difference I have noticed while playing on either r2games or kong"

They also seem to get some freebies through promo code in their weekly newsletter!
            http://www.kongregate.com/promotions...tem_redemption

Comment

Originally posted by lessac View Post
              Beg to differ. Kong had a merge through S1 to S4 a few weeks ago. As for population, just like in R2, new servers are more lively due to people server hopping, it naturally has a smaller player database but compared to my current server here, which is underpopulated in my opinion, S4 was much more crowded back when it first opened on Kong.

Kong servers run on PST(or PDT now, not sure need to check) though. That's something to keep in mind.
              That was based on what I've heard. "But then again for example they're the first to get on server after maintenances." Was based on what I've seen >_> Now it seems like the cons are nonexistant.
              Stalkers OP.

Best (ex) R2 employee quote: "Be kind to your fellow players ~ you never know when they are alt GMs "

Comment

There should be an one of a time company war pvp.

This really won't happen but just once our R2 servers vs Kongregate servers.

Comment

This is the OP.

After testing both versions I found one major difference.

Kongregate Version runs in a smaller window. I tried F11 for fullscreen, didn't work. Then I tried Ctrl-Mousewheel for zoom and it didn't work well.

R2Games has a bigger playing screen. The only plus side to Kongregate is the nice chat rooms on the right hand side. But we have in-game chat so whatever.

Thanks though.
                  Last edited by isomer; 10-09-2012, 07:28 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by isomer View Post
                    This is the OP.

Kongregate Version runs in a smaller window. I tried F10 for fullscreen, didn't work. Then I tried Ctrl-Mousewheel for zoom and it didn't work well.

R2Games has a bigger playing screen. The only plus side to Kongregate is the nice chat rooms on the right hand side. But we have in-game chat so whatever.

Thanks though.
                    isn't F10 is F11!!!!
                    Mi blog sobre cs está de vuelta
                    >>><<<

Discutamos temas de R2games en este foro en español
                    >>><<

Muy pronto un Blog de Br

Comment

Originally posted by isomer View Post
                      This is the OP.

Kongregate Version runs in a smaller window. I tried F11 for fullscreen, didn't work. Then I tried Ctrl-Mousewheel for zoom and it didn't work well.

Thanks though.

Well I guess you don't know Kongregate too well. There are several ways on Kong to play games directly off their hosted servers.
                      This game makes it easy to full screen just like main site and not have kong chat open.

Step #1 Open crystal saga after logging into Kongregate Account on kongregate.
                      Step #2 Right click the server your character is on
                      Step #3 Select open in new tab
                      Step #4 Use control plus + (or use view zoom in feature from browser menu)
                      Step #5 Use control plus D to bookmark
                      Step #6 ?????
                      Step #7 Profit

Also the post which you quoted from kongregate forum about crystal saga, WAS ME!!!!!!!!!!!!
                      Nice to know I can be informative!
                      ~Renegade221 Server 4 Kongregate
                      Nature Ranger Eidolon 70
                      ~Elite Corps~

Comment

Working...
                      X