This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Account Sharing

So I understand that alts are a completly normal and needed part of the game. I work a full time job and my alts have helped out alot in events ect. I hope one day to have a scion or eidolon priest to help out my main with buffs because I feel bad about asking healers all the time for them for things like Arvenal, gotor, or the new dungeons. As is my alt priest is only 69. Yet I am confused and concerened about what I think is an unjustice to not just myself, but other players on my server.

Although I play rarely on my main site account(heavenly isle) I am from the kongregate servers. On kongregate it is rather easy to share or give out your direct link to the game so that you don't need to share your password or anything for the account. To this extent several players on my server give out their links to others to log them in for dailys. Others have even just given their accounts to people because they have quit the game. Some people have even reported them for doing such.

My concerns with this are as such:

First off I thought doing this was against the terms of service with R2. But on kongregate the website themself doesn't care much about alts for any game as long as it doesn't destroy the game. Yet R2 has it plainly stated in their Terms of Service that you can't do this. Although the servers are on kongregate they are maintained by R2 games. So is this not still under their ToS?

Secondly, the people who have taken over accounts from others on my server tend to not just be rude about it but complete donkey butts if you know what I mean. To the point they take some of the fun out of the game. One such person has taken it upon themself to single handly ruin seng just because he can with an account that was heavily cashed and than given to him. I understand that alts using some weekly events aren't abuse but that is in my mind.

Now to resolve this I know that some moderators are going to say report the suspected people, but some of my in game friends have already done such about some of these people. They have provided some evidence as well and all they were told is that r2 would monitor them. My questions are as follows:

When I report people suspected of doing this what kind of evidence is needed?

Is this or isn't this cheating?

Is it against ToS?

Is it worth reporting these users with only screenshots of them mentioning it?

In the end I'm not trying to whine about players doing such as I got flammed in world chat on game for already complaining. I am just curious to ask the community and see if people do this as prevelantly on main site since I am not sure if it is as easy to do it. Also I'm just curious as to what peoples views on this are. I'm not trying to single anyone out or name them in this thread so please don't ask. Nor am I trying to get my whole server banned since from my understanding now that we have also merged like many servers on the mainsite it seems that 5-10% of the server does this. It is even my understanding that people on my servers reported a user for hacking into anothers kong account and using it yet nothing happened to that user. Ironically enough one of these people also tried to edit and cheat their way into the sieryu contest we had on our servers like was had for first to 100 here. So the fact they would do something like this doesn't surprise me in the slightest.

Your input is appreciated;
    ReneSpade
    Kong Server 4
    ~Renegade221 Server 4 Kongregate
    Nature Ranger Eidolon 70
    ~Elite Corps~

rules are made for people to be aware of their action, in the end its people opt to do or not to do
    when you know all upcoming result toward your act, youre on your own

http://forum.r2games.com/showthread....ccount+Sharing
    notice the last reply, hoping you will come up understanding
    They told me that to make you fall in love with me, I had to make you laugh...
    But everytime you laugh, I'm the one who falls in love...

Comment

Originally posted by elsage View Post
      rules are made for people to be aware of their action, in the end its people opt to do or not to do
      when you know all upcoming result toward your act, youre on your own

http://forum.r2games.com/showthread....ccount+Sharing
      notice the last reply, hoping you will come up understanding

So according to this post its not allowed, and basically people DO it, and its not approved but they can't take action against everyone who does, but its still a voilation of ToS and against rules. So basically we are just supposed to put up with the fact several people are blatently voilating the ToS, and do it because R2 has said they won't take action. These people admitted it to me and the whole server that partially why they share their accounts is because R2 doesn't care.

In the end sit back and accept it and move on? Or do I at least report the ones who have such horrible attitudes that they ruin the game for players? I mean these players are beyond rude in chat and I have usually a high tolerance for ignorance, but their arrogance is just too darn high.

I guess I'll wait to hear other thoughts..
      Nature Ranger Eidolon 70
      ~Elite Corps~

Comment

Usually, investigation of an account occurs when a person reports them with concrete evidence of them admitting of sharing an account of such.

If you're able to provide some sort of interesting information which could possibly lead to that, then why not?

As usual, it's only screenshots that could prove such things, but sometimes things may go your way.
        The King doesn't fall so easily boys

Comment

Originally posted by BrotherVT View Post
          Usually, investigation of an account occurs when a person reports them with concrete evidence of them admitting of sharing an account of such.

If you're able to provide some sort of interesting information which could possibly lead to that, then why not?

As usual, it's only screenshots that could prove such things, but sometimes things may go your way.
          OK ty brother... NICE TO SEE YOU BACK IN FORUMS!!!
          Nature Ranger Eidolon 70
          ~Elite Corps~

Comment

Oh Renegade, are you trying to get half your guild banned?
            Why don't you start there to stop people piloting chars? Isn't it funny that you started all of this after one of your guildies who pilots a strong char left your guild and how everything was fine as long as he was in yours? And yea, piloting Shadow in Landgrab is all cool but forced to fight phone is a problem? LOL.

Actually, kong players never agreed to the ToS of R2.
            I did not, you did not, no one on kong did. You can't get them banned for violating R2's ToS.

Comment

Originally posted by sebastian1988 View Post
              Actually, kong players never agreed to the ToS of R2.
              I did not, you did not, no one on kong did. You can't get them banned for violating R2's ToS.
              r u trying to say that playing kong servers grant us immunity toward R2's ToS? hmm interesting,,,,
              They told me that to make you fall in love with me, I had to make you laugh...
              But everytime you laugh, I'm the one who falls in love...

Comment

r u trying to say that playing kong servers grant us immunity toward R2's ToS? hmm interesting,,,,
                No one forced you to accept the ToS or even showed you the ToS when you started playing on kong so it simply doesnt affect us.
                Kong's ToS affects us though.

Comment

I've never seen a GM in any of the Kong Servers, let alone see any GM/Mods watching the Kong forums. And pretty much Kong mods are paying or high achievement players that Kong thinks should be Mods.

Comment

Just for reference since supposedly Kong members didn't agree to the term's of service for Reality's game:

From kongregate's ToS

Account Information: You may not share or transfer your Account or your Account password or other access information with any other party, temporarily or permanently. You shall bear sole responsibility for all use of your Account and for the confidentiality of your password. You represent that all information submitted to create your Account is accurate and truthful.

Also by posting in this forum I would like to remind you that you have made an account on r2games.com, and by doing so have agreed to their ToS. For reference I would also note that the ToS can apply to an affiliate who hosts your service. I know this from experience as we have many companies who offer the sales of my companies services, and that the people who sign up with them are still held liable to our ToS; whether they read it or not is up to them.

So "Akuma" before you flame me, inform yourself of policy. I'm not impressed with childish reasonings.

For those in doubt of just if you agreed to it or not I would point right to their first paragraph, of their ToS:
                    http://www.r2games.com/about/termsofuse
                    Nature Ranger Eidolon 70
                    ~Elite Corps~

Comment

Originally posted by Renegade221 View Post
                      Just for reference since supposedly Kong members didn't agree to the term's of service for Reality's game:

From kongregate's ToS

Account Information: You may not share or transfer your Account or your Account password or other access information with any other party, temporarily or permanently. You shall bear sole responsibility for all use of your Account and for the confidentiality of your password. You represent that all information submitted to create your Account is accurate and truthful.

Also by posting in this forum I would like to remind you that you have made an account on r2games.com, and by doing so have agreed to their ToS. For reference I would also note that the ToS can apply to an affiliate who hosts your service. I know this from experience as we have many companies who offer the sales of my companies services, and that the people who sign up with them are still held liable to our ToS; whether they read it or not is up to them.

So "Akuma" before you flame me, inform yourself of policy. I'm not impressed with childish reasonings.

For those in doubt of just if you agreed to it or not I would point right to their first paragraph, of their ToS:
                      http://www.r2games.com/about/termsofuse
                      You are wrong again, Renegade.

You have apparently no idea about what you are talking. The R2 Games ToS does NOT apply to kongegate since people on kongegrate do NOT have to agree with R2's terms of use upon creating a character in crystal saga.

People on R2 and R2 only do have to agree to their ToS. It does NOT matter if you have an account here or not, it simply does NOT affect your kongregate gaming expierence. It has nothing to do with flaming, you simply QQ much and im giving you the reason why people don't get banned.

Comment

Originally posted by sebastian1988 View Post
                        You are wrong again, Renegade.

You have apparently no idea about what you are talking. The R2 Games ToS does NOT apply to kongegate since people on kongegrate do NOT have to agree with R2's terms of use upon creating a character in crystal saga.

People on R2 and R2 only do have to agree to their ToS. It does NOT matter if you have an account here or not, it simply does NOT affect your kongregate gaming expierence. It has nothing to do with flaming, you simply QQ much and im giving you the reason why people don't get banned.
                        http://www.kongregate.com/pages/terms

In order to share Kong CS account, you need to be sharing Kong account. Whether you agree to R2 ToS or not is irrelevant. You agree to Kong ToS to play on Kong.

Comment

Originally posted by lessac View Post
                          http://www.kongregate.com/pages/terms

In order to share Kong CS account, you need to be sharing Kong account. Whether you agree to R2 ToS or not is irrelevant. You agree to Kong ToS to play on Kong.
                          Doesn't change the fact that this has nothing to do with R2 or R2's ToS.

Comment

By playing Crystal Saga players are subject to our TOS. Using our forums and support system also makes players subject to our TOS. However, as Renegade pointed out, both Kong and R2 prohibit account sharing, so there is no reason for this conversation to continue.
                            ~Amanda and The R2Games Team
                            Use the "search" feature, your question has probably been asked before.
                            After using the search feature, if you cannot find an aswer to your question, please click to file a ticket
                            An offical R2Games GM will never ask for your password! Never reveal your password to anyone!
                            Be kind to your fellow players ~ you never know when they are alt GMs ;)

Comment

Working...
                            X