R2 covering tracks?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• R2 covering tracks?

So, Im not the one to start anything around here. but i think ive got pretty good input here, Recently after this past Server update, I had to change my password because i was unable to access my account. and this is from the start of maintance to the end of maintance. Later on thursday evening, i find out 3 out of our top 10 players were hacked. One of the toons, Was logged on today and i messaged a friend of mine and they messaged the owner of the account who never lets anyone have any logins. etc.... come to find out that the owner had filed a ticket with R2 about being unable to access his own account and they had mentioned. That the email address belonged to an account that didnt exist then about saturday that the password was incorrect. which leads me to believe one of 2 things. 1 that R2 is behind this very secretively and 2 my friend was hacked. The toon was stripped of all gear all valueables (Unbound level 9 demonic gift combo immac gems etc....) and what made it suspicious was the fact that the toon was deleted. Now i have Screenshots of when the toon was online and the player standing next to it has been selling weird items of as late. I do not need the forum going ballistic so i am going to send the screenshot to Memory, Now R2. I would recommend updating the security because if people are getting hacked again that means the website has a flaw. and i like playing my game so. im just gonna leave it on that note.

Theory 2 is more probable than theory 1. R2 doesn't need to "hack" toons let alone strip them. At will, they can access any toons without any login information.

Comment

well one of the toons was deleted last night. and when we awoke this morning the toon was restored and the owner still has NO access to his own toon.

Comment

Originally posted by Scruby_Ninja View Post
        well one of the toons was deleted last night. and when we awoke this morning the toon was restored and the owner still has NO access to his own toon.
        The restoring was done by R2 after the toon was reported deleted. As far as access to the toon itself, it may not have been sorted out as of yet as the account's security has already been shown to be at risk. The owner will need to continue working things out with R2 via ticket.

Comment

Same issue here .. but hopefully r2 secured the toon that been change pass .. or dont let that other person trying to change pass it via sending ticket get it .. cuz the owner of the toon , cant work on retriving it atm(busy) , and im the one who piloting it and r2 wont let me retrive it . so hopefully when my friend get back , he will work on it emmediately and hope r2 would be it and fix these issue .. the toon been of 1 week already miss all the stuff and event ..
          ohh one thing , the one toon w/ same issue already been robbed .. feed bad for it , he lost good stuff.. else the money that been spend in these game

Comment

Originally posted by jeffjeff09 View Post
            Same issue here .. but hopefully r2 secured the toon that been change pass .. or dont let that other person trying to change pass it via sending ticket get it .. cuz the owner of the toon , cant work on retriving it atm(busy) , and im the one who piloting it and r2 wont let me retrive it . so hopefully when my friend get back , he will work on it emmediately and hope r2 would be it and fix these issue .. the toon been of 1 week already miss all the stuff and event ..
            ohh one thing , the one toon w/ same issue already been robbed .. feed bad for it , he lost good stuff.. else the money that been spend in these game
            You do know that account sharing is prohibited per our Terms of Service, yes? Naturally, only the real owner with the account is able to retrieve their account/toon. It is not up to an illegal pilot to try to reclaim it as it does not originally belong to them. For more details on "hacked" accounts (toon-sharing and what have you), read our support article here: http://www.r2games.com/support/?ac=issue&id=66

Comment

Working...
            X