General note to mods

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• General note to mods

Hi, while majority that play cs are already aware there are scammers, I felt I should probably bring to your attention the latest. I've played on quite a few servers over the past several years and this is not anything new that I haven't seen before with the exception of now they are using mods names to make themselves more believable. This is on s116, and good grief I'm in the wrong profession I should have taken this GM up on it y'all get paid nicely And yes, I'm very aware you don't get paid for those that don't understand sarcasm. Anyhow here ya go:

~Hush~

This is another good example of knowing how to differentiate between actual R2 representatives and impersonators. R2 will never login and casually chat up offers nor will we ever ask for your login information.

Report impersonators with screenshots as the thread owner has and the situation will be taken care of.

Comment

Hello m-dreams, thank you for posting about this situation. I will inform the R2 team. I suggest submitting a ticket with the screen shots to make the situation go quicker as well. If you obtain any more information regarding the false GM, please send that as well.
      If your question wasn't answered, and you are still needing assistance, send a ticket

Comment

and what if the problem is a gm?

Comment

this happened on CS 2 S27 too, and they try too sell it for 150$

Comment

Originally posted by loganwinston View Post
            and what if the problem is a gm?
            It would never be a real R2 GM. Either way, they need to be reported and R2 will take it from there.

Comment

But there has been cases of GM's selling stuff for $ #05

Also, so r2 staff will never come in the game to chat or do u mean to offer stuff only?
              I remember years back there'd be the same player who claimed to b2 r2 and would just ask around for bugs and what not. r2 employees used to do that or were they just trolls?

Why is bacon called bacon and cookies called cookies when you bake cookies and cook bacon

Comment

Originally posted by R21507247 View Post
                But there has been cases of GM's selling stuff for $ #05

Also, so r2 staff will never come in the game to chat or do u mean to offer stuff only?
                I remember years back there'd be the same player who claimed to b2 r2 and would just ask around for bugs and what not. r2 employees used to do that or were they just trolls?
                The GM you’re referring to that was selling items under the table was a PSA, an extension of support [elves] located in the Philippines. Since that incident, PSAs no longer have access to GM toons. Only R2 staff (in China) do, and they almost never talk to anyone in-game. They login to mute or check a server’s status without making their presence known.

Ages ago when the game first took off, R2 employees occasionally logged in and recruited for the moderating team, or so I’ve heard, but they haven’t done that for many, many years. Moderators are now recruited via forum by MemoryLane. If they did the same with bugs then, it’s certainly not the case now. They do not and will not ask about issues in-game. There was a former moderator who actively did so and was known to out his identity, so it could have been him. He is also no longer with us.

Just remember that 1.) R2 will never ask for your login information and 2.) R2 will never personally make a random player an offer of free goods. If it’s too good to be true, it is.
                Last edited by Reverie; 03-17-2018, 10:01 AM.

Comment

Do GM accounts have access to unlimited crystals?
                  Wonder how much money he/she gained lmao

Comment

Working...
                  X