Announcement

Collapse

Website Instability

We are aware of the issue with the website being unstable. The issue is currently being worked on. We thank you for your patience in the meantime.
See more
See less

understanding crit strike/rating/damage

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• understanding crit strike/rating/damage

i am a bit confused on the terms here. what's the difference between crit strike/damage/rating? and if u could include an example for each, much appreciated..
    also, is the crit raw damage? or does damage reduction decrease the crit? thanks for all helps :3

damage reduction reduces all damage. Crit strike applies to crit def, and Crit damage is a multiplier to your damage. and finally crit rate is how often you crit.

So to late it out simply

you attack, when you attack you roll your crit rate. Lets just say you have a 100 percent rate and so you always hit critcal. Next you would judge your strike against their def. Once that is done you then multiply your normal damage by you crit damage rate. (200 percent = 2x the damage)

Comment

ok .. the crit rate of ur char isn't displayed anywhere .. i'm not seeing.. oor am i blind?
      so the first crit stat reads for ex : 300 (42%) i assume this is referring to crit strike, yes? how's this apply to defense? i can see crit damage, as it seems thats followed by (atk*(±0.15 of 1) * crit dmg - their defense) would give a good idea of range of ur crit against their def.. just wanna know what the 300(42%) from the crit stat is referring to.. also, anyway to kinda calc what crit def would block ?

Comment

Originally posted by R22356364 View Post
        ok .. the crit rate of ur char isn't displayed anywhere .. i'm not seeing.. oor am i blind?
        so the first crit stat reads for ex : 300 (42%) i assume this is referring to crit strike, yes? how's this apply to defense? i can see crit damage, as it seems thats followed by (atk*(±0.15 of 1) * crit dmg - their defense) would give a good idea of range of ur crit against their def.. just wanna know what the 300(42%) from the crit stat is referring to.. also, anyway to kinda calc what crit def would block ?
        Crit strike: simply the critical hit itself, if you see on a weapon somewhere "Critical Strike +2%", it means you gain 2% crit chance. This will show behind Crit rating.
        Crit rating: from your example in the quote, that's 300, the number before the % between brackets. Crit rating is a number. Based on that, your level, and any additional %'s this makes your total crit strike chance (the percentage after the rating) and how often you will be doing a critical hit.
        Crit damage: displayed as "Crit Dmg", this is the % your hit will be multiplied by when you preform a critical hit. Example: you hit 10,000 normally, and have 210% crit damage, your crit will be 21,000.
        Crystal Saga:
        IGN: speeds
        Server: Windshear Peaks
        Lv 120 [Eidolon] Nature Ranger - Emperor
        Proud owner of the Lv 120 [Eidolon] Holy priest alt, double-parked outside
        Officially the #1 Nature Ranger of Windshear Peaks & six merged servers

Wartune (semi-inactive):
        IGN: Speeds16
        Server: Temple of Ibalize
        Lv45 Archer - Guild Luminaire

Comment

ok great.. also, whenever you upgrade soul/enchant weapon etc that gives +'s to crit dmg/rating/strikes, does that also show in your character screen for the stat? or does that remain a base stat by level etc and you gotta calculate everything from those? ie add gems/gears/soul crits to the #'s on char info...

and finally, crit def.. how does this work? from max soul/gems is quite low.. any idea how crit def factors in? is it crit dmg - crit def ( prolly not , but just asking)?

thanks for all your help ^^ really interested in crit mechanics n wanna know how they works on CYS

Comment

Working...
          X