Delete this pet as a Ranger?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Delete this pet as a Ranger?

Did some reading, and looks like defensive tanky pets are best for rangers. I'm not sure if pets can learn skills that increase threat to maintain aggro, much like a Knight, but I got a Morphed Bear as recommended. However, the first 3 skills were two passives (% all apt, % less damage taken) and a skill that pulls aggro of monsters from 1000 radius. The only active seems like the complete opposite of what I need. Maybe I'll keep it when I afk farm for potions and what not, but for the most part, do you guys think I should continue with it or get another Morphed Bear and roll the dice?

another morped bear

Comment

For rangers or any other class Morphed Bear is very useful as a tank pet during your dungeon runs. so its the most sought after free pet The preferred skills for a morphed bear are Flexibility> Additional dmg absorption; Rock Steady>Reduces dmg dealt to pet; Resilience> Increase endurance aptitude, Charm, and other defensive skills. These skills allows bears to tank u for more dmg and save u from boss in dungeons. When u capture ur morphed bear try to get 8 maturity or close to it. If it learns lot of useless skills its best to release it and capture another and try again.

However for grinding and general pve (non boss) you might want atk pets with full int or str builds as the pet will help u kill faster and gain xp. Popular pets are teeka, baby angel, and baby demons. the latter two can be morphed and gain more power for more dps.

As a ranger u'll need both atk and tank pets so i suggest u get a couple of morphed bears with good skills for tank and a atk pet to start with. Having a backup tank pet can be an extra insurance against boss fight where u can switch pets in critical hp.

Comment

R2 please Fix this problem got Disconnecting every 2 to 5mins i lost my dungeon seng delivery gr
        my internet in globe tattoo its not my problem my IPS DNS i change them and my router and modem its ok please help us other player thats the
        problem to connect in crystal saga
        Last edited by wertyme; 05-01-2013, 05:58 AM. Reason: Disconnected

Comment

Originally posted by R24917971 View Post
          For rangers or any other class Morphed Bear is very useful as a tank pet during your dungeon runs. so its the most sought after free pet The preferred skills for a morphed bear are Flexibility> Additional dmg absorption; Rock Steady>Reduces dmg dealt to pet; Resilience> Increase endurance aptitude, Charm, and other defensive skills. These skills allows bears to tank u for more dmg and save u from boss in dungeons. When u capture ur morphed bear try to get 8 maturity or close to it. If it learns lot of useless skills its best to release it and capture another and try again.

However for grinding and general pve (non boss) you might want atk pets with full int or str builds as the pet will help u kill faster and gain xp. Popular pets are teeka, baby angel, and baby demons. the latter two can be morphed and gain more power for more dps.

As a ranger u'll need both atk and tank pets so i suggest u get a couple of morphed bears with good skills for tank and a atk pet to start with. Having a backup tank pet can be an extra insurance against boss fight where u can switch pets in critical hp.
          TY! Still not sure what maturity is but will do

Comment

Originally posted by TheBeesKnees View Post
            TY! Still not sure what maturity is but will do
            Had posted earlier from alt account. Maturity basically determines how much attribute point the pet gains when it lvls up.

For example,
            8 maturity gives u 4 attribute points per lvl,
            9 maturity randomly gives u 4 or 5,
            10 maturity gives u 5 points....and so on... so closer to max maturity the better.

Morphed bears are only available at lvl 10 unless u reset it. so its more or less luck. Only pets u start at lvl 1 can be trained to get higher maturity using the whips.

I dont know if maturity has any other function but it directly affects the attribute points gained during lvl up.
            (S57)Windscar

Comment

This is the pet that I use... (Yeah the maturity is bad, tryin to live with it.) I put all of its stats on END.

Click image for larger version

Name:	pet.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	184.9 KB
ID:	1668997
              IGN: Catnip
              Server: S62 Bloodshed Hollow
              Guild: Chaos
              Level: 60 Scion
              Class: Anyone who knows me knows my class :P nature ranger shhhh
              Soul: 300/3000

- Its just a game. Don't take it too personal :)

Comment

^ why not pure str? wasted sweep atk :s

Comment

Cause it is a tank pet. She would be weak if pure str though, besides, I only use her for dungeons I can't tank w/ my baby demon
                  IGN: Catnip
                  Server: S62 Bloodshed Hollow
                  Guild: Chaos
                  Level: 60 Scion
                  Class: Anyone who knows me knows my class :P nature ranger shhhh
                  Soul: 300/3000

- Its just a game. Don't take it too personal :)

Comment

You should fix that bear lol. It has decent maturity and endurance aptitudes. It also looks smart.

Comment

I thought an Ultrasaurus Rex/Morphed Herculon was the best for ranger. Just get a better pet. Get a Morphed Treant or any defensive pet better than the second worst Morphed pet in the game.
                      Originally posted by **aH2o138Mfg4J**
                      This is how I got my name.
                      **=All my friends have this in their names.
                      a=First letter of alphabet.
                      H2o=Chemical formula for water.
                      138=13 is bad Luck 8 is how old my son was when I created this account.
                      M=Master. Seems like another way to say boss.
                      fg=Food, because we need it to live. Guardian, they protect you.
                      4J=4 is how old my daughter is when I created this account. J is the first letter of my last name.
                      **=All of my friends have this in their names.
                      Yes, you can call me anything.

Comment

i'm no ranger evendo i have SD & SA(they're in vault teehee),i love my baby bear as i could bring it to EH evendo i just breed it. i hate the quick attack tho >.> if it learns stun attack it would be perfect

Click image for larger version

Name:	bear.png
Views:	1
Size:	229.3 KB
ID:	1669047
                        Currently active
                        Crystal Saga
                        (S23)Melancholic
                        Level : Currently 100+
                        Plane : Eidolon
                        Guild : (S23)Edan
                        Class : Hybrid Priest

Comment

Originally posted by XxaH2o138Mfg4JxX View Post
                          I thought an Ultrasaurus Rex/Morphed Herculon was the best for ranger. Just get a better pet. Get a Morphed Treant or any defensive pet better than the second worst Morphed pet in the game.
                          Ultrasaurex is not THAT good of a pet for ranger, since it has a drag skill which needs to be deleted. Morphed bear cubs can be used by any scion/eido above level 10, unlike Herculons which require a higher level.

Comment

Working...
                          X