Fix with font sizes,lags and other issues on chrome

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fix with font sizes,lags and other issues on chrome

as we might have noticed, there has been issues with abnormal font sizes on chrome and lags when switching tabs. i have a solution and thought i will share them with the forum so people may find help in correcting their issues. the issues came up with an august 1st chrome update. as you know chrome updates automatically by default. to stop this you need to registry edit, but that isn't really needed here.

ex bad text
    Click image for larger version

Name:	fonts bad.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	45.8 KB
ID:	1732056

ex good text:

Name:	fonts good.jpg
Size:	43.2 KB
ID:	1732057

step 1: in chrome, type about://plugins in the search bar. this will pull up a menu like this

Name:	plugins 1.jpg
Size:	105.9 KB
ID:	1732058

step 2: next you will want to click "details" in the right corner and then disable any internal chrome flash players, these conflict with the external flash other browsers use. the flash you should disable is pepflashplayer.dll and gcswf32.dll

Name:	plugins 2.jpg
Size:	124.0 KB
ID:	1732059

step 3: close browser and relog and your issues should be fixed like mine and a few others who tried this also had their issues fixed. no more lags when switching tabs and no more bad fonts or flash conflicts causing crashes. enjoy

-edit-
    almost forgot to mention, you might want to try the various disable and enables for the 2-3 flash players you might see and test yourself which one gives the best results in gameplay. the external flash is the one downloaded at adobe's website for use in other browsers, while both internal ones are used by chrome and updated with each chrome update. in theory only 1 is needed, but as i do not have multiple pcs to try, idk if the results are the same for all. so far using the external flash has solved 5 people's problems on my server who took my advice.

-edit 2-
    i've heard one person and tried to help them with using this tweak. if your chrome only shows the 2 internal flash players, then you need to go to adobe's website and try to get a flash player for other browsers. this works well on firefox, opera, or chrome, but chrome is weird, sometimes it asks you to choose the other flash player you want...if it doesn't ask this use something other than internet explorer as IE uses a different type of flash player. hope this helps anyone who uses only chrome and has never installed external flash. if anyone does have complications getting external flash for their chrome, i will do some research and post the link to a guide off the web when requested to do so....i get the feeling most of the game uses multiple browsers already for alts so most should have no issues.

-edit 3-
    i have confirmed that it is only pepflashplayer that is causing an issue now. The internal gcswf32 is safe to have on for normal fonts and you do not need to use the external flash player. you can either disable it for chrome to avoid future issues with flash player conflicts (not common but could happen) or you can play as normal with them both on and nothing horribly wrong should happen. just keep in mind that pepflash will update with chrome and turn itself back on when it finishes updating. if you don't like the hanging graphics when switching tabs or the larger font, then just disable it again. good luck all and happy gaming.
    Last edited by Sidoh; 09-20-2012, 10:06 PM. Reason: new update
    Crystal Saga:
    Server: Aquatic Crypts
    Name: (S15)Sidoh
    Class: Knight
    Plane: Eidolon
    Level: 100

Lunaria:
    Server:Server: S87 Key Grove and S58 Drays Keep
    Name: [S87]Kenshin/[S58]SweetnSour
    Class: Swordman/Elementalist
    Level: 5x/6x

Good of you to pass this along to everyone
    New R2 Community Discord Server: https://discord.gg/VFMzFDqKq5

Received a random forum error? Refresh the page first, sometimes the error message is the error.

Some inboxes are broken, including mine. Please don't send me private messages at this time.

Rules of the Forum are found here.

R2Games Ticket System for browser games: https://www.r2games.com/support

Comment

np. always glad to help people when i can.
      Crystal Saga:
      Name: (S15)Sidoh
      Class: Knight
      Plane: Eidolon
      Level: 100

Lunaria:
      Server:Server: S87 Key Grove and S58 Drays Keep
      Name: [S87]Kenshin/[S58]SweetnSour
      Class: Swordman/Elementalist
      Level: 5x/6x

Comment

Perfect solution! Thanks Mister Sidoh

Comment

Damn noob. You're finally useful for once besides AFKing in Twilight Caverns Lv. 1 killing mobs with your Super Demon to get Torches.
          The King doesn't fall so easily boys

Comment

ty it fixed mine

Those Who Serve Justice , Have No Limits !!!!
            Aoiarcher otherwise known as archerscomet ac or aoi on s14

Comment

thank u so much mine is now fixed too
              Learn the search function and use the search function help r2 by reducing the threads which might have already been posted

I am a 100% Noob

I AM STILL PURE NON CASHER WHO WILL NOT SPEND

Become a friend and be kind

hate and violence only brings wars which will lead to casualties

MY GUIDES:
              [Guide-How to reduce lag]

I THANK YOU FOR YOUR HARD WORK

Comment

Made thread a sticky so it's easier to find.
                New R2 Community Discord Server: https://discord.gg/VFMzFDqKq5

Received a random forum error? Refresh the page first, sometimes the error message is the error.

Some inboxes are broken, including mine. Please don't send me private messages at this time.

Rules of the Forum are found here.

R2Games Ticket System for browser games: https://www.r2games.com/support

Comment

Thx sidoh! it worked and no more ugly text and font size

Character: (S15)matthew
                  Plane: Mortal
                  Lvl: 67

Comment

Gotta Love this Thread.. Thank you very much! It helps alot..
                    Crystal Saga

Ign: (S22)Caia
                    Server:(S22)Tyria Village
                    Spouse: (S23)Socrates
                    Guild:(Lv.10) DivineAngels - GM (AngelOfDeath)

Looking for>
                    -Genie Crystals in Consumers Points
                    -More Inventory (Bag) Space & Pages
                    -Pixie Crystal in Mystery Packs

Comment

thanx its works... but after i change that, its less smooth than before. im at dilemma...
                      Now Playing ~ Shadowbound [S13] - Hunter

played games so far (in many different account) ~ Crystal Saga, Wartune, Broken Realm, Eternal Saga, Dragon Pals, Yitien, Blade Hunter (alpha), Lunaria Story, League of Angels, Monkey King Online, Crusader of Solaris, Shadowbound, Mythborne (alpha), Stormthrone (alpha) more list to come

Comment

Nice, great advice, it helps me a lot, thanks ^^

Comment

awesome man! awesome!

Comment

I was deeply confused and nearly booked a eye test as most people even on chrome said nothing had changed. Luckily a few others said this had happened and mentioned this thread.

This is the sort of thing that should be rewarded not repetitive guides. Real useful for community.

Thanks very much

Comment

Gonna try this to my wife too..I mean my LappyTop.

Comment

Working...
                              X