Announcement

Collapse

Website Instability

We are aware of the issue with the website being unstable. The issue is currently being worked on. We thank you for your patience in the meantime.
See more
See less

Island of Blessing pretty exploitable

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Island of Blessing pretty exploitable

I'm curious if the new PvP event is intended to be one of the biggest alt abuse events there is.
    People are bringing 10+ alts to this event to then get about 300+ ethereal wings and 100+ soul prints out of it everyday.

They just leave and re-enter the event until they and all their alts are in the stronger base. Then just idle until the event is over.
    That is about 5-6 purple rain packs, which give 4 EW + 2 SP each (+ the packs can even give double the rewards: 8EW + 4SP on chance)

So, using 10 toons on this event, gives literally 50-60 purple packs.
    Maybe you guys forgot to make the rewards bound, however, this kinda ruins the economy.

But if this event is intended to be exploited, then please confirm that.

Alts or No alts, most players i've seen so far, just jump into the island, and sit there do nothing, while most player do the dirty works.
    I'm pretty sure, they would just boycott that event and not turning in those rainstones so no one will get any purple packs.

Sit back, chill, and enjoy while you can. Unless you max everything already which im pretty sure you had. It's only the first week, they would iron it out those wrinkly spots eventually. Just like treasure trove was.
    A werewolf, A wearwolf, A warewolf, Aware wolf.

Comment

Well, lets compare this to broken realm. In broken realm exists an exploit which leads to punishment. (http://forum.r2games.com/showthread....-wind-soul-Bug)

So, maybe abusing this event with alt will lead to a punishment as well, That is why I'm asking if the event is intended to be like this.
      Better to know that before alting the event.

Comment

haven't even been able to do the event because the weird time ;/

Originally posted by sebastian1988 View Post
        Well, lets compare this to broken realm. In broken realm exists an exploit which leads to punishment. (http://forum.r2games.com/showthread....-wind-soul-Bug)

So, maybe abusing this event with alt will lead to a punishment as well, That is why I'm asking if the event is intended to be like this.
        Better to know that before alting the event.
        that was a incident with abandoning a quest and getting more of a reward by re-accepting it. bit diff of a situation.
        if want to compare it in simple exploiting aspects. can easily find the answer in TOS. exploiting stuff isn't allowed. or condoned by any means.
        like say if i was to login my 100 alts tomorrow morning for this event and take it over entirely. would be unfair to community.
        but those decisions are up to R2 if someone were to be reprimanded for it- which we wont discuss that in forum.
        think a few characters are understandable. I usually go with 1-3 at a time. been my dungeon party etc since the start of the game.
        if have concerns about specific players going over board file a ticket please.
        if this event can give a bit of items like say, i'd hope they don't change to bound. would really help the community as long as its respected

if this event gives good EW's. all the people who've been struggling with rebirth quest would probably be turning to this event
        personally have only ever done a handful of rebirth quests if even that. don't even pick up the quest anymore. most toss them all till get vulture blood or soul crystal one. if consider that year+ time, all those rebirth packs lost by so many, which if not mistaken can give multiple of same reward. don't they deserve a way to earn a decent amount? again not saying 30-40 active chars etc is wise. but reasonable amount of farming with small group maybe 1-5 chars. maybe wont see such a sad community about rebirth quest not being changed and having to fight eidolons in seng etc as low level mortals
        Last edited by ShadowGammaDraco; 06-15-2013, 05:07 AM.

Comment

Well, the event design isn't that good. The fact that you can leave and re-enter until you are on the stronger team, pretty much voids all competition.
          I do like events, that will let people grow faster and actually makes it possible to achieve all the high end stuff, but this is a bit too much.

If you use 10 toons, get them all on the stronger team, then you will get around 200-300 ew and 100-120 soul prints per day.
          That allows you to go from Angel Lord Wings to Ultimate Demon Lord wings in just 1 month and to max out your sperion in just 1 week.

They should at least remove the "leave an re-enter" part, so people won't be able to be on the team that they want to be on. That will lead to competition inside the battleground.Would also be nice, if there could be a cap of people able to join the event like in sengolia / tamalan.

As soon as people are given a way to exploit, there will always be someone who does. Banning those people will just kill the servers.
          So making the event itself less abusable is the better way.

Comment

Originally posted by sebastian1988 View Post
            Well, the event design isn't that good. The fact that you can leave and re-enter until you are on the stronger team, pretty much voids all competition.
            I do like events, that will let people grow faster and actually makes it possible to achieve all the high end stuff, but this is a bit too much.

If you use 10 toons, get them all on the stronger team, then you will get around 200-300 ew and 100-120 soul prints per day.
            That allows you to go from Angel Lord Wings to Ultimate Demon Lord wings in just 1 month and to max out your sperion in just 1 week.

They should at least remove the "leave an re-enter" part, so people won't be able to be on the team that they want to be on. That will lead to competition inside the battleground.Would also be nice, if there could be a cap of people able to join the event like in sengolia / tamalan.

As soon as people are given a way to exploit, there will always be someone who does. Banning those people will just kill the servers.
            So making the event itself less abusable is the better way.

agree on the part where the leave and re- enter should get adjusted. think players would be able to influence ppl bringing alts by jumping their alts for bringing them, then can stop them from getting extra benefits and get points for it (if it works like that-still have yet to try event- want to)

maybe this will make the #'s more acceptable;
            Rebirth quests lost; 340 ,roughly 5-10 EW a day, 340x5=1700, 340x10=3,400. for my rough aprox # of missing EW &etc from not being able to do rebirth quests cause the world bosses etc. more for other players. I've controlled 5 characters in tamalan before. not easy, especially if you have to stay on your toes. would say long as the pvp factor can influence characters then some alts should be tolerated&expected, if its not easy to control that many and do in a good pvp zone, that should be respected- takes skill. key word there being some. no way is that a official statement on allowed amounts by word of R2- or in any way condoning that people should alt abuse like crazy to instantly make up for all the lost time~, just my example using.
            basically saying- some are deserving of those amounts. that is what i truly believe, any player who's stuck it out an advanced till now for while. but should be gained still in a appreciable time
            Last edited by ShadowGammaDraco; 06-15-2013, 05:39 AM.

Comment

Well, strangely, due to this event, the price of EWs have increased from 18-20 g each into about 25-30 g each, hence i got additional platinums in recent days by selling my EWs from TT. Even if i participated in the event only once, it still benefits me in some other way
              Last edited by R24656887; 06-15-2013, 10:10 PM.
              ――罨――
              阿謨伽尾盧左曩 摩訶母捺囉摩抳 鉢納摩 人嚩攞 鉢囉韈哆野吽
              地・水・火・風・空に偏在する金剛 界尊よ
              今ぞ遍く光に滅相し奉る!
              天地玄妙神辺変通力離――
              卍曼荼羅ァ――無量大数ゥ!

Comment

I'm against any sort of total participating player limits. few servers have around 9 servers in one, kinda lame when seng fills up, or avernal, or tamalan. etc, each day- then is over fast or etc.
                lowering the count of participating players wont stop people from using alts, would just choke off the supply of unique players and favor the people who prepped the alts specifically for the event or others like usual
                Last edited by ShadowGammaDraco; 06-15-2013, 04:05 PM.

Comment

shoving a leave arena- cool down buff like seng will even out the teams.
                  Last edited by sangofighter; 06-15-2013, 10:13 PM.

Comment

This event helps everyone, equally, because everyone can level alts and bring them to the arena. Many people need Soul Prints and Ethereal Wings, so the prices wouldn't probably go down that much, atleast hasn't in the server I play in. And non-cashers can't realy get cash items, so that's why this event is also great.

Comment

It might be alt abusable, but at the same time, alt abuse was what kept competition alive. Allowed people to get strong enough so that a group could stand up to a major casher. And coming from a person on a server where it's rare to see e-wings at all in shops, this event is great the way it is. It's breathed life back into an almost dead economy. Also, once entrace is closed, if you disconnect you're kicked out. Most people I saw taking lots of alts in today lagged out big time and there were groups all vanishing at once. Theoretically there's lots of potential for alt abuse in the event, in actuality, disconnects from lag of alot of toons being in one zone effectively control it on its own. Least that's what I saw on my server past few days. Can some people with super computers manage to do 10 alts? Sure. Can the average person? Probably not.
                      The one and only Krysia from Sea of dreams (Thank god for that; one of me is too many!)

Comment

There comes a stage in every game where items become easier to obtain-cashing just gets it early, in this case now if people cash it wont be so rough. you may have alts, but you may not abuse this privilege- simply put.

You may hold several accounts; however you may not exploit this privilege
                        http://www.r2games.com/about/termsofuse
                        as per tos
                        don't think changing a exhaust buff will make much of a difference.
                        I have done the event today with a few characters, one on each team etc. doesn't seem to matter which team your on since you get the blessing packs by staying in the blessing area which isn't connected to pvp zone. pvp zone is just to fight for even better rewards. seems get a general at least 5 purple rain packs even if just sit there whole time either team. which team "wins" isn't much of a concern.
                        so would go with my last estimate from opinion, 1-4 or 5 char per person would probably be normal to see, the amount i got for that wasn't even close to enough to get a upgrade on wings or sperion. if going super crazy 10-50+ with it though that's probably risky business.

Comment

Why dont they just raise the level needed for this event to 60? It takes a bit longer to raise a toon to that lvl, which would cut down the amount of alts people are bringing in.

Comment

Originally posted by VideoXKid View Post
                            Why dont they just raise the level needed for this event to 60? It takes a bit longer to raise a toon to that lvl, which would cut down the amount of alts people are bringing in.
                            until people level alts in range again lol, personally have a few that are almost 50, others have ones that are 50+- I have 3-4 characters lv 50+ with 20 alts lv 30-40+ that made in less then 2 months on a diff server. person named reborn in my server, has a character of each class named reborn#. each are scion + 60+. players been working on characters for a while in as many ways as possible

Thread: (っ◔◡◔)っ ♥More island of Blessings times please♥(ˆ⌣ˆԅ)

can vote there on stuff. have personally been suggesting a event like this for months- since BB rewards were changed to bound and before to be exact have been stating players deserve more ways to earn rewards. changing items to bound wont stop people. those items are incredible. much needed. will for sure be making my alts stay in those even if bound(reasonable amount 1-5), i'm a free player so investing into my alts is my bread and butter, they helped me dungeon farm since beginning&still do- just like everyone else. even cashers.
                            Last edited by ShadowGammaDraco; 06-16-2013, 06:09 PM.

Comment

I suggest that they restrict AFK in the blessing and pvp zones, like sengolia. It will force people to have a part in the activity rather than sitting around waiting for the packs to come at them. It's so frustrating to watch people sit around while you bust yourself doing the "dirty jobs". They should rebalance this event for lesser exploitation and more competitive and social activity.

Comment

Working...
                              X