Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is there a known bot that can monitor torches?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is there a known bot that can monitor torches?

Yeah! that is right! We have someone here in s63 that can do that....I am hunting grillin meats in celestial palace lvl 4, then after a torch spawned someone whose name is in random letters came and share in with the torch. It was nothing at first, but I noticed he will constantly come after a torch has spawned, this has not happened for a few times but for many times every time a torch spawns. This is weird I know, and I didn't care to take a screenshot because I thought it was just a random occurrence, until another player has noticed it. I was just hoping if someone else in or out of our server that had witnessed this kind of exploit or whatever someone would call it, you can share it here.
    Last edited by DX0003; 07-05-2013, 01:34 PM.
    "Be quiet, I'm doing the fishstick! It's a very delicate state of mind."

Yeah I have seen these bots all over the place too, with random names like the mallmmo spambots.

I think they are on pretty much all servers, I'm on S54/S42

Comment

I've seen and reported this already, but I imagine it's a little hard for them to figure out how to detect the bot and stop it. That's how the sellers (who sell gold and also items) get the battle bear gmuts they sell for money. If you see one, take a screenshot and report it.
      (S14)Squintina
      LVL 140 eidolon hybrid holy-focus priest

(S14)Bluespark
      LVL 55 eidolon ice mage

Guides

Comment

I see, Ill try to have a screen shot in the future since this toons is popping out randomly.
        "Be quiet, I'm doing the fishstick! It's a very delicate state of mind."

Comment

Its sad that i say this but.. in order for them to fix and patch it they have to know how does the bot do that you know what i mean.. the system, otherwise they can only ban things for now.

Comment

Originally posted by mhanth4f View Post
            Its sad that i say this but.. in order for them to fix and patch it they have to know how does the bot do that you know what i mean.. the system, otherwise they can only ban things for now.
            It's pretty easy. Players emit data to the server and the server broadcasts data back. That's how games work.
            Those bots just listen to the data broadcasted and get the information"spawn", "torch", "coords". Or whatever is broadcasted. Then they'll move there.

All devs know the basics.

Comment

you mean packet sniffing/hacking.

Comment

the bot do not only run to the torch what spawned, this bot grind w/o afk mode too. charakter randomly name like "skjdhfkjsd" , pet "bear", mostly priest, no guild, no battle mount, no up wings. once i have seen that same in Final Fantasy XIV online and there is no afk mode, its possible. also one charakter with the name "Andor" in CS asked me about a bot program, dunno why he choosed me, never i used bots. cant remember name what he asked, sounds like 4.1 or so. i got him on ignore list and have never seen anymore.

Comment

Cheats/Hacking

You acknowledge and agree that you are not permitted under any circumstances or for any reason to cheat or utilize third-party games or code in order to win at, or gain game points or Items from any R2 Games game. Violators will be handled on a case-by-case basis. Accurate compensation (if any) will be decided by R2Games. You agree not to design, disseminate or use any third party programs designed to change the game play on the site. Any use, dissemination or design of such programs is a breach of these Terms you will be responsible for any resulting damages to R2 Games. You agree that if you disseminate, design or assist in the design of a third party program that changes the game play on R2 Games, you will pay R2 Games liquidated damages in the sum of Hundred Thousand Dollars for each such program as liquidated damages. You agree that if you use such a program on the R2 Games website, you will pay R2 Games liquidated damages in the sum of One Thousand Dollars for each time you use a program.

You must not reverse-engineer, decompile or modify any of the game clients and use it in any way. You must not exploit any cheats or errors which you find in our Service. Any cheats or errors which you discover must be reported immediately to us.

You must not attempt to access any Account that is not your own.

You must not misuse any of our customer service facilities. You must not deliberately enter false information into any of the forms on our website. You must not encourage, or attempt to trick other players into breaking our rules.
                  http://www.r2games.com/about/termsofuse

screen shots to begin investigation would be appreciated&or ticket #'s once verification processes have been performed in ticket and also pictures sent in ticket or to me.

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowGammaDraco View Post

screen shots to begin investigation would be appreciated&or ticket #'s once verification processes have been performed in ticket and also pictures sent in ticket or to me.
                    i think, to make ss makes no sense, cuz it has alot of those charakter and when one get banned, they make new charakter. i cannot hunt those all the time...., but for few minutes ago i got one on ss. i moved to another area to grind, cuz that s...t bot claimed my torchs/mobs (dont wanted help them to lvlng), btw. tried to kill it but didnt work, couldnt attack (had no afk prodection). lol

Comment

Working...
                    X