Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Oh yeah! *sweat*

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Oh yeah! *sweat*

    We got our characters back thanks to r2 but were 3 months delayed plus no compensation. We should have been merged into a newer server. Its like we created new character in a 2 month old server.

  • #2
    Originally posted by chummine View Post
    We got our characters back thanks to r2 but were 3 months delayed plus no compensation. We should have been merged into a newer server. Its like we created new character in a 2 month old server.

    bet my 3 characters are lower level then you guys&gals ;p. only lv 55-60 mortal on the servers you merged with. but do understand what you mean. would be nice to see a compensation for the joyo people. GM's been working hard for you guys/gals, so try not to blame them- not their fault ended up this way. but they've shown want to help&have been. remember before when people thought this would be impossible? least major progress- just have to keep at it. if want I can move this to suggestion section and add a poll
    Last edited by ShadowGammaDraco; 07-06-2013, 06:19 AM.
    Manu Forti

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by ShadowGammaDraco View Post

      bet my 3 characters are lower level then you guys&gals ;p. only lv 55-60 mortal on the servers you merged with. but do understand what you mean. would be nice to see a compensation for the joyo people. GM's been working hard for you guys/gals, so try not to blame them- not their fault ended up this way. but they've shown want to help&have been. remember before when people thought this would be impossible? least major progress- just have to keep at it. if want I can move this to suggestion section and add a poll
      Im one of the top player in our server in joyo. What I mean top is TOP. So do understand what I feel about this. When we got merged, I mean now... I feel like an ordinary player. I've worked hard, pay a lot and sure took everything out of me to make it to the top. I just dont want to put my work into a waste because of this unwanted merging to r2. But I do understand the situation. I, speaking on behalf of my guild members and co player of many in joyopark, would like to ask for an appeal to this matter. We're outnumbered, outpowered and sure is out of time and motivation to play again because of this.

      Thanks

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by chummine View Post
        We got our characters back thanks to r2 but were 3 months delayed plus no compensation. We should have been merged into a newer server. Its like we created new character in a 2 month old server.
        I'm all for players asking for compensation when things are screwed up, but I don't think this one is necessary (it'd be nice, don't get me wrong, but not necessary). Remember,joyopark was just going to close you guys down. You'd have lost your characters completely. R2 didn't have to merge you; they chose to do that. Be thankful it was eventually done.

        and don't worry, you'll catch up in no time
        (S14)Squintina
        LVL 140 eidolon hybrid holy-focus priest

        (S14)Bluespark
        LVL 55 eidolon ice mage

        Guides

        Comment


        • #5
          Exactly joyo planned to just basically screw u guys and take your money, R2 agreed to take on your accounts. On the part about not being Top, thats what happens, currently on my server S60...im the top player by far, but when we merge...im sure ill be somewhere down the charts cause i didnt really push hard for levels or anything, my gear is outstanding for a newer server, but once i get merged with old servers i wont be unkillable anymore, ill be somewhere in the top, but plenty will be able to take me down. But im all for that, i been bored on my server i want some new challenge, it will drive me to try harder,farm more and work my butt off until im Top again.

          Comment


          • #6
            easy to say. but did you guys get what im saying? im stating that we're far delayed for this server and on the part of r2games taking the responsibility of this merge... since we pay for this game, its our rights to have or to get what we needed in part of the merging. If ever joyopark will not have our characters back or if they dont merge us on other server, and if they just abandoned us in the middle of nowhere without giving compensation, we are happy to take this to our local courts. just to remember that there is "money" involved so... dont take me wrong about this post, dont just go saying that were supposed to be thankful. with or without the merge, we will get our ways to find what suits us. its just that r2games find a way so, thankful joyopark will have nothing to worry about.

            im just asking for anything that will make us joyopark players more motivated to play this game again. "that means joyopark players only will get this kind of thing to cope up with the 2 months of delay."

            GET IT?

            Comment


            • #7
              oh I forgot... about being a top player dosnt mean that youre on the chart or list or whatever you may call it. Ive been on a merge before so I know what I can do I what I cant do to get back to the top again. Im going to accept it if the top player of the server were gonna merge in is in the league of 2weeks older than mine or 100 souls ahead of me. But in this case, it isnt.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by chummine View Post
                easy to say. but did you guys get what im saying? im stating that we're far delayed for this server and on the part of r2games taking the responsibility of this merge... since we pay for this game, its our rights to have or to get what we needed in part of the merging. If ever joyopark will not have our characters back or if they dont merge us on other server, and if they just abandoned us in the middle of nowhere without giving compensation, we are happy to take this to our local courts. just to remember that there is "money" involved so... dont take me wrong about this post, dont just go saying that were supposed to be thankful. with or without the merge, we will get our ways to find what suits us. its just that r2games find a way so, thankful joyopark will have nothing to worry about.

                im just asking for anything that will make us joyopark players more motivated to play this game again. "that means joyopark players only will get this kind of thing to cope up with the 2 months of delay."

                GET IT?
                You realize that you don't actually own your character? The fact that you pay means nothing. All online games will eventually go away. No one gets reimbursed at the end because it's your choice to pay. If every game reimbursed every player that cashed, then none of them would ever make any money.
                (S14)Squintina
                LVL 140 eidolon hybrid holy-focus priest

                (S14)Bluespark
                LVL 55 eidolon ice mage

                Guides

                Comment


                • #9
                  I completely understand, of course. But, they aren't done with the restores so it will be difficult to compensate people at this time. Compensation is also a server wide thing, so those people who are so far ahead of you would be getting the same things as you. That means the compensation would be pretty much voided out.

                  There is no court case here. Since you want to look at it from a money stand point, you got what you paid for- which is the ability to play the character you spent money on. You also had the choice to take the crystals you spent and use them on a new character on the newest server, so they really didn't abandon you in the middle of nowhere.
                  Interested in becoming a Forum Moderator? Fill out the application HERE!

                  Rules of the Forum are found here.

                  R2Games Ticket System for browser games: www.r2games.com/support
                  Mobile game Ticket System is accessed through the in-app support link.

                  For additional assistance with a ticket, please provide a moderator with your ingame name, server, and game.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by MemoryLane View Post
                    I completely understand, of course. But, they aren't done with the restores so it will be difficult to compensate people at this time. Compensation is also a server wide thing, so those people who are so far ahead of you would be getting the same things as you. That means the compensation would be pretty much voided out.

                    There is no court case here. Since you want to look at it from a money stand point, you got what you paid for- which is the ability to play the character you spent money on. You also had the choice to take the crystals you spent and use them on a new character on the newest server, so they really didn't abandon you in the middle of nowhere.
                    that is why I said that they didnt abandoned us. the only compensation that im looking for is, we shouldve been merged on a newer server than where we are currently merged now.

                    I got what I paid for. If they take it away without giving anything, there will always be a court case. go search for it.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by (S14)Squintina View Post
                      You realize that you don't actually own your character? The fact that you pay means nothing. All online games will eventually go away. No one gets reimbursed at the end because it's your choice to pay. If every game reimbursed every player that cashed, then none of them would ever make any money.
                      If you want to add spice to what you're playing... put something into it. all online games will go away, I know it but the fact to it is that when they choose to shut the game down, they will do something for their long time player to compensate what they pay for and also for the hard work and effort that they exert. I have seen one and also played one that this kind of situation happened. reimbursement is not full in this kind of situation, they will only pay for what your character is worth and how much your last transaction cost.

                      the fact that they were shutting down is because a lot of players quit. those players pay too. They make money out of those players too.

                      Is there anything you want to know or is there another line of sentence that you will post that is not going to help this thread?

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        So basically you wanted to be merged with a new server where your server is prolly been around months and months longer so that you could dominate, instead you got merged with a server that is well established and your not as strong as you thought you was going to be. Thats what it sounds like from what im getting outta your posts.

                        Well guess what my first merge was a server that had been out little over 1 month, highest lvl was 40scion, we merged into 5 servers where lowest lvl on chart was 100+ eidolon, get used to being weaker and having to fight your way to top.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Regardless of the server you merged into R2 did work hard to restore your Characters. There was a point when R2 said that there was no way they could, but they didn't give up they carried on trying to find away and they did in the end and you have your character back. You should be happy for what R2 did :/

                          When my server merged with S35 and S39 there was HUGE panic because they were much more advanced then we were and much more ahead. But it made us push ourselves to become better and stronger. Yes it is hard and I understand that i do, and not all games reimburse you it depends on what is written in their Rules that you agree to at the beginning. They don't have to reimburse you as they own the characters not you its a confusing and tricky stand when it comes to the law and online gaming alot of it is a blurry gray area.
                          APOLOYMI
                          MARRIED TO ♥♥♥♥ SHADOWGAMMADRACO ♥♥♥♥
                          LEVEL180 EIDOLON SHADOW ROGUE



                          GUILD: The Spartans
                          (S44)PSYCHODELICA
                          GEN3 KYUBI

                          Helpful Posts and Ideas that i have made, check them out


                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Haphaestus View Post
                            So basically you wanted to be merged with a new server where your server is prolly been around months and months longer so that you could dominate, instead you got merged with a server that is well established and your not as strong as you thought you was going to be. Thats what it sounds like from what im getting outta your posts.

                            Well guess what my first merge was a server that had been out little over 1 month, highest lvl was 40scion, we merged into 5 servers where lowest lvl on chart was 100+ eidolon, get used to being weaker and having to fight your way to top.
                            I didnt say that we should be merged into a server that our characters or our server is much older and stronger. I said, newer server than what were into. We've been merged(Joyopark S8) to a stronger and much longer server(Joyopark S6 & S7) before we got merged to r2 server. But thats ok since the difference is only 1 month not like this server.

                            Before were supposedly be merged to r2... players here are much stronger than us. Then, we got delayed for 2months. Guess what... if they were stronger before, they are far more stronger now. Im just asking for reconsideration if there is anything that they can do about it. Im not looking for a debate partner or whatsoever. Please do understand what we are seeking. If they can't do anything, then there is nothing I can do to joyopark players. Im just the speaker... speaker of my guildmember, my co joyopark player and also to those who are in my same situation.
                            Last edited by chummine; 07-07-2013, 09:54 PM.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Apoloymi View Post
                              Regardless of the server you merged into R2 did work hard to restore your Characters. There was a point when R2 said that there was no way they could, but they didn't give up they carried on trying to find away and they did in the end and you have your character back. You should be happy for what R2 did :/ .

                              I gave my regards to r2 for bringing our characters back. Im just asking, if there's anything they can do regarding the thing that ive said would be very much appreciated.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X