Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question to GMs (or moderators?) - guide rewarding

Hello. One and half month ago I wrote a guide on this forum:
    http://forum.r2games.com/showthread....l-1-60-mortal)

I saw other players was rewarded for writing guides. I'm thinking now about writing several other guides, so can you explain please, why I wasn't rewarded for this guide? Maybe I did something wrong, or maybe I need to write more than one guide to get a reward?

A guide is normally credited based off the uniqueness and overall quality of it. If it is a guide that has been brought up before, then that may be an issue in receiving your reward. Other than that, as long as you make a guide based off of something that has not been discussed before, then you will receive the reward.
    The King doesn't fall so easily boys

Comment

I wrote this guide based on my own experience. And most info was not described on this forum, I discovered it by my own. So why I didn't get a reward? I want to know it before starting my next guide so if it's my mistake I'll not do it again.

Comment

Like I said before, it's not based off the personal experience part - it's whether someone else had written something very similar to it.
        The King doesn't fall so easily boys

Comment

I'm pretty sure no one wrote someth very similar to _all of_ it. Maybe someth similar to some part of it, but: at first - generalization of separate information is good work too, as for me; and at second - I didn't find any _exact_ tutorial about how to build priest skills, which is main part of my guide. To write next guides I want to know _exactly_ what is wrong with my first, or otherwise every next time someone can just say "someone else had written something very similar to it" again without describing this similarity.

Comment

http://forum.r2games.com/showthread....scussion-Guide

In the link above if u browse through the topics u'll find several guides on various priest builds. I think you werent awarded because there are a lot of good priest building guides around already. while ur guide is well written for starters; its not the first guide on priest to suggest that kind of build...there are others more extensive guides that have been around for longer time. i think ul have better chance of being awarded for writing a guide if u choose topics related to new added features those that havent been explored a lot already.
            (S57)Windscar

Comment

I saw this thread before starting my guide. I think I saw almost all priest guides, and there wasn't any _detailed_ skills build description. This is one of the main reasons why I wrote my guide. I understand you saying about "new added features", and it's really difficult to find out what is really new in description of some very old game content. On other hand, with such treatment we'll never have complete descriptions of that old content. For instance, I looked for information about marriage system, and asked a question here - and even after searching and after getting answers from more experienced players I couldn't understand _exactly_ what to wait for. And even after all of that I didn't know about several important details. But now I see: even if I'll write about this undescribed details in new marriage guide, most part of this guide will be "there are a lot of good guides around already" again - so I'll not be rewarded - so my guide will be hidden under lots of new threads very soon, and it'll be very difficult to find it for newcomers - so I just don't want to waste my time to write it now. And _this_ is why I can't find this information now - and lots of other very interesting information about this game.

I could understad such a policy if CS has good documentation "out of the box". But with this lack of official info maybe GMs will spend their time to find out what is really new in players' guides - it will be much less time than to write these guides by themselves.

Comment

lol ok i gave the wrong link i just wanted to post the general link to priest class...this one http://forum.r2games.com/forumdisplay.php?35-Priest

Originally posted by Golyana View Post
                I think I saw almost all priest guides, and there wasn't any _detailed_ skills build description. This is one of the main reasons why I wrote my guide.
                i saw ur guide and there are other guide with similar details and pictures regarding the hybrid build. and by similar im not implying ur content is copied..its just that its there already..worded different but its there....im saying this as a player cause i even made a 90+ scion hybrid support priest that has the same basic build and continues further ahead...i did it based on some guide posted a year or more ago..... also dont wanna discourage u cause u wrote a good guide but writing guide's primary goal is to help ur fellow players and not just cause there's a reward...

here are some examples of other guides im talking about

http://forum.r2games.com/showthread....ide-to-Support

http://forum.r2games.com/showthread....y-Priest-Build

http://forum.r2games.com/showthread....d-Priest-guide

http://forum.r2games.com/showthread....Support-Priest

http://forum.r2games.com/showthread....d-Priest-Guide

http://forum.r2games.com/showthread....ybrid-Priests-!!!

with that said i wanna add that i think since this is only the first part of a guide for 60 mortals....ul probably have a better chance of getting a reward if u make a good full guide for scion and eido planes as well
                (S57)Windscar

Comment

Oh, you're right, two of these guides are similar to my. Not exactly the same, but really similar. It's strange that I didn't find this two, because I was sure I searched 'Priest' subforum firstly. Ok, now I see where was my mistake - I wasn't attantive enough while looking for similar guides before wirting my. Thank you for these links.

And I didn't write this first guide only to get a reward, don't think so bad about me. I just considered reward to be a sign of quality of my guide. But you wrote it was a good guide despite not being rewarded - this encouraged me.
                  Last edited by Golyana; 09-15-2013, 04:02 AM.

Comment

yea they are easy to miss since they are scattered in different pages. the way u organized ur guide was good n it was easy to read...n it was nice that u separated it into parts.. im sure it'll help a lot of people starting out as priests.
                    (S57)Windscar

Comment

Thank you. I hope it'll help someone. Actually, it'll be best reward for me.

Comment

Originally posted by BrotherVT View Post
                        A guide is normally credited based off the uniqueness and overall quality of it. If it is a guide that has been brought up before, then that may be an issue in receiving your reward. Other than that, as long as you make a guide based off of something that has not been discussed before, then you will receive the reward.
                        Pffft...My zodiac guide was the first full guide of its kind (don't you dare compare it to the official guide - we all know it barely said anything at all and confused people more than anything) and I never got a reward for it

(not that I ever asked for one I wrote it to be helpful, not for some reward...)
                        (S14)Squintina
                        LVL 140 eidolon hybrid holy-focus priest

(S14)Bluespark
                        LVL 55 eidolon ice mage

Guides

Comment

I wonder how many guides actually get rewarded now a days
                          Sith's Priest Guide

Comment

CS guides still get rewarded? I know r2 will do some guide reward events/competition for their MMOs. I'm pretty Sith/Squintina didn't get rewarded for their Warriors Trial Reward guides. And R2 Mods on occasions will delete other peoples mini-guides (supposidly cause it's full of errors and wrong pics) and replace with their own.

Comment

Originally posted by sithewarrior View Post
                              I wonder how many guides actually get rewarded now a days
                              This. From what I've seen the rewardings seems to be gone for good.
                              Stalkers OP.

Best (ex) R2 employee quote: "Be kind to your fellow players ~ you never know when they are alt GMs "

Comment

Working...
                              X