Uses for alts - What's allowed?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Uses for alts - What's allowed?

There is a player on the Hellstorm server who insists, frequently, that the R2 TOS says that the only use allowed for alts is storage.
    I have read the TOS and I'm not seeing that, anywhere.

This is the only reference to alts that I found, it is the 2nd paragraph in the Terms of Use:

You may hold several accounts; however you may not exploit this privilege. Any “bugs” (programming errors) playing any games released by R2games must be reported immediately to R2Games. You may not exploit any bugs to advance in the game. Exploiters will immediately be contacted and dealt with accordingly.
    We may also change the nature of our services, change prices, remove and add games at anytime without notice.

I believe that this means that you may not use alts to profit from bugs/glitches in game, is this a correct assumption?

Here are some common uses for alts:

Farming Indigo Blight, useful for players starting out, is this allowed by R2?

Setting up a shop in Starglade, useful always, is this allowed by R2?

A priest, leveled up to give buffs to the main character, is this allowed by R2?

Originally posted by Esoterikos View Post
    Farming Indigo Blight, useful for players starting out, is this allowed by R2?
    Yes

Setting up a shop in Starglade, useful always, is this allowed by R2?
    Yes
    A priest, leveled up to give buffs to the main character, is this allowed by R2?
    Yes

I believe that this means that you may not use alts to profit from bugs/glitches in game, is this a correct assumption?
    It's a reasonable assumption. Otherwise, a majority of the servers should of been banned long ago. Just look at quiz show and i.o.b.
    Sith's Priest Guide

Comment

um technically using alts to do quiz/iob and feed the items to your main is in direct defiance of tos. but who gives a damn when so many players lose out on so many things due to bugs and glitches that r2 does absolutely nothing about. i just had them tell me in a ticket that there is no problem with quiz items being delivered automatically, when every day ppl complain in world chat about not getting their items.

Comment

using alts for quiz, etc, the terms section does not state this, it's a bit fuzzy, so i'd like a ruling from R2 on it, and i also have lost items that i should have won in quiz

Comment

"You may hold several accounts; however you may not exploit this privilege."

sounds like iob and quiz are exploited by multiple accounts. but hey i say its all fair game when they dont compensate players.

Comment

most of the items in iob/quiz are bound, so you may do what you like with the few unbound items. Again, there is no definition of the parameters of 'exploit'.

The Tos does not say that you can't have alts in events, nor does it say that you may.

The IoB and Quiz specification seems arbitrary, as it's perfectly fine to use an alt for a dungeon, then use it to set up a shop and sell the dungeon items.
            Last edited by blaiddrwg; 11-07-2013, 07:08 PM.

Comment

Working...
            X