Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Personal Thoughts on how to Improve Crystal Saga's gaming experience for all.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Personal Thoughts on how to Improve Crystal Saga's gaming experience for all.

Here are just some ideas I have which I "Know" will make the Crystal Saga gaming experience better for newer and older players, Just basic ideas which one could implement to improve the gaming experience

1)Seperate Sengolia Battlegrounds for Mortals, Scions, and Eidolons.

Problem:It's unfair for a new, level 40 knight to walk into Sengolia, and be teamed by themselves due to a faulty team making system which has pitted many 1 vs 10 fights, knowing they are up against multiple level 150 Eidolons, who's normal unbalanced stats, are FAR HIGHER than the stats provided by a Sengolia balancer. This ruins a lot of the games fun key elements for them, due to having no snowballs chance in hell odds of actually doing something. This ruins the experience, and is one reason why new servers are in high demand, so they can actually enjoy the events and feel like they are accomplishing something.

Solution:Seperate Sengolia into ranks, such as what is done with dungeons. With Normal, Hard, and Nightmare modes, being represented as Mortal, Scion, and Eidolon modes. This would at least enable mortals to fight mortals, scions vs scions, etc making it fair at least for newer players. And to make modes even more different, up the HP that the crystals, and towers have per mode, to prevent Sengolia from ending in two minutes from a random Eidolon rogue who just feels bored or like being a jerk, ruining it for the other players, also have a system which sets up teams for, red, blue, red, blue, not a random selection since it seems that the teams are way to different in numbers.

2)Avernal Realm

Problem (1):Rogues have an unfair advantage (I even play a Rogue) when they are in Avernal Realm, since their Fragarach has the same % chance to activate a 20% damage to the enemies equal to their current HP, this gives them an unfair advantage on activating their abilities due to their overwhelming attack speed compared to other classes. It may not sound like much, but considering Hellfire Bane starts with 5,000,000,000 (5 Billion) life, and 20% of that is an immediate 1,000,000 (1 billion) points to your damage total, mind you i don't know of a single player hitting for even a million yet on my server. It becomes quite clear it is no longer a matter of how much damage you deal out, but how often you attack. And a Knight with full immaculate Pink Diamonds and max attack speed buffs and Blessing of Light has an Attack speed of 250%, vs a rogue, who can reach 265%, and they attack twice as fast due to dealing half damage, thats 2.5 Attacks non-rogue classes a second vs a rogues 5+ a second.

Solution:Simply disable the activation of passive abilities on Fragarachs, or if that is to much, make it so their ability to trigger a % amount of damage to the enemy is negated, so people can enjoy the 20% attack speed boost of a Fragarach X and above, or frost.

Problem (2):Similar to the above with Sengolia, Mortals have no chance vs Scions and above, so new players are discouraged as well from the event. Not going to go into great detail since I mentioned the problems in the Sengolia issue

Solution (2):Like my Sengolia idea, make different Avernal Realms for Mortals, Scions, and Eidolons, so that they are able to have a fair advantage, or at least a far greater chance of doing good in the event.

3)Island of Blessing

Problem: To many people log in to the one and only time slot for Island of Blessing, many of which use alternate accounts. The issue is, that there are so many alternate accounts logged in, that it creates a massive amount of lag. This is problematic when returning to turn in rainstones before the timer runs out for the next pack drop.

Solution: Make multiple instances of Island of Blessing, like with Sengolia having an L1 Sengolia, opening up an L2 Sengolia when the first is over, or when a population limit has been reached. This way, when a certain amount of people enter Island of Blessing, instead of lagging up the event, it would merely reduce lag by limiting players, or if this cannot be done, merely add another time slot to island of blessing later in the day, so people of different time zones, people who work certain shifts, and younger players who attend school, can attend the event. This would also make it so people are not trying to cram hundreds of toons into one event.

Problem 2:Whenever you disconnect in Island of Blessing, you are returned to Starglade, this is a problem for two main reasons. One is the lag caused by people sitting at the entrance, people with slow computers or internet connections might be disconnected, or if something happens at home, like a wireless router gone faulty, they are immediately booted from the event. Another issue is, when you have so many people sitting at the entrance to the gathering grounds teleporter, and you teleport to the battlefield, you are met with a high level of lag, and a time frame where your toon is in the open, vulnerable to attack, and your computer has not yet recognized you are on the battlefield. A person sees you, kills you, the screen catches up and you are sitting there dead. The problem is you are unable to click "Revive in Town" and are not recieving gift packs as well. So what do you do, you log out, get kicked out of the event, and pray for better luck next time. This actually makes people not want to participate, and have other people do the work since they are to nervous they will be kicked from the event.

Solution 2:Make it like Sengolia or any other PVP event, where when you disconnect, you are returned back into the event where you logged out. As for the item drop counter, keep it as it is, since it remains when you are logged out, shouldn't it reset when it runs out in the event until you are kicked. Better to get a few gift packs for attempting and glitching, rather then none at all.

4)The various typos and mistranslations

Problem: A lot of abilities, weapons, armors, and passives, have misleading text. I know this is something that is hopefully being worked on, but instead of focusing on releasing new content which will most likely introduce more bugs, why not fix the problems you currently have, before they become so numerous it further disrupts game play and enjoyment for players, and also increase the chance of certain issues being forgotten.

Solution: Stop releasing new content and servers, and fix what is already out. Not saying how to do your jobs, but I know many people would enjoy the game more, possibly invest more time and even money which I know you guys like, and would stay longer or return, if basic issues would get fixed. One not major but annoying issue is Fragarach X's ability "Close-up (Passive Skill): Permanently increases movement speed and chant speed. Attack Speed: +20%, Casting Speed: +20%"
    I know a lot of this stuff is probably being translated from the chinese original, and if not, it does not really matter for this issue. The fact is, if you read it, the ability claims to boost both movement, and chant speed, which indicates, move speed, and casting speed. I don't see a single movement speed boost on this. A correct description would say "Permanently increases Attack and Chant Speed" This is an issue in a lot of different abilities. Misleading, and confusing at times to how things actually work.

5)Some guide to how stats work.

Problem:This is minor and I do not mean, Strength boosts Physical Attack, and Hit Points, and Agility boosts Dodge, Critical Strike Rate, and Hit Rate. But more of a, how does Critical Defense Work, Luck Defense, what is the percentage difference of a Lucky Strikes "Maximum Damage Attack" Since apparently, everyone has a different level of Maximum damage.

Solution, just a helpful guide would be appreciated, I hear a lot of questions about these, even from players who have been on for years. It would be nice knowing if these are even worth investing into on the soul or gems.
    IGN: (S59)Daera
    Server: S59 Floran Everglades
    Spouse: (S59)VirgoRose/Real life Girlfriend
    Plane: Scion lvl 90
    Mount: Battle Bear
    Wings: Extreme Angel Lord Wings +1
    Guild: (S57)Elysium
Working...
X