Still getting Error 2048 trying to log into european servers

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Still getting Error 2048 trying to log into european servers

Been happening all week, even after you 'fixed' the problem. so...
    S4 Westhollow Stranger

after 3 hours of refreshing i was able to log on but still needs to be looked at
    S4 Westhollow Stranger

Comment

We cant look into other players connection issue, its not server error, because other players is not encounter, so its something on your side or somewhere in the middle.
      Usual methods such as flushing DNS cache or changing DNS server or using proxy may help.

Comment

oh........
        S4 Westhollow Stranger

Comment

cant log in for 24h, getting error 2048. server77 caverns of terror oceanic. the other two server where i play there are no problem, the others are european server.
          i flushed DNS and still no works. char name Jokker83

Comment

Originally posted by Alkaris View Post
            We cant look into other players connection issue, its not server error, because other players is not encounter, so its something on your side or somewhere in the middle.
            Usual methods such as flushing DNS cache or changing DNS server or using proxy may help.

I didn't do a screen shot, same message error #2048.
            Actions taken my end to remedy:
            1. Flush DND (same result)
            2. Clear browser history/cache (same result)
            3. Changed Browser, (successful - till next refresh the same message)
            4. Delete all browser history/cache, shutdown browser(s), complete computer clean out, shut down computer (Game loaded very fast after restart - all was well till next refresh then same #2048 message)
            5. Same as 4 plus change IP (same result)
            6. Same as 4 and 5, change computers (same result)
            7. Same as 4,5 and 6, change ISP (same result but was able to refresh three time before message, game slowed after each refresh)
            8. Same as 4-7, changed locations, stood on one leg rather than be seated, used a brand new i7-8gigram laptop, used a government provided hard-line ISP. created a restore point before logging into game. (worked well for about an hour, after doing legendary Challenge and Demon Tower and after my 8th refresh game slowed painfully. dumped everything and went back to restore point #2048 message consistently shows.)
            9. Went to our major Telco main office and asked to do a supervised test. Loaded game, did nothing else except refresh, same #2048 message.

Browsers used K-Melon, Waterfox, Opera, Safari, Pale Moon, Avante, Google Chrome, Internet Exporer, CometBird, FlashPeak, Firefox, Midori, Comodo Dragon.
            Systems used: from a PS2-to an i7, 2gig ram to 32gig ram, 512k - 2gig video card, Wise terminal running VMware, IDE-SATA-SSD drives (all in varying combinations)
            Operating systems: WindowsVista, Windows7, Windows8, Linux and Unix

So, it can't be the exact same #2048 message being caused by all 12 computers and one terminal - each with varying specifications, ISP's, Operating systems.

True - the message is sporadic, there is no single - repetitive process to mimic and nail down the issue.

Apart from still disappearing icons, the most ideal (less issue prone) process was to right click the the game window, click Global settings and click delete all local storage then refresh. I usually get three or four hours game time. When refreshing pretty much the #2048 message would be there. (see attached pics from a post elsewhere on forum)

I've even tried running around the room, whooping like an native American Indian, having a freezing shower and quickly drinking four cups of coffee - alas - that did not fix it either.

PS: I have observed though, refreshing the actual game window/tab I would average a 1-in-11 without the #2048 message, BUT, if I close that window/tab and restart the game from main log-in window, I would get a 2.5-1 with no message. Oh, and the #2048 message has only been there in the last few weeks (well for me anyway).
            Attached Files
            Last edited by AussiePeter; 11-16-2014, 07:44 PM.
            Be well, Play fair.

1. In-game Name: AussiePetr - Server : S36 Hidden Realm (Oceanic) (since 06-14-2013)
            2. In-game Name: OzziePetr - Server : S163 Hidden Realm (Oceanic)

Comment

Working...
            X