We need logs in the guild

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We need logs in the guild

Hi I'm asking for a log to be inpemented in the guilds so we know guild history such as who lets people into the guild, who leaves the guild, and who kicks who from the guild.

Thanks in advance,

Maelael
    S3 Misty Towers

In our guild one of our officers set up a group in the r2 forums about a year ago. When I was handed the captaincy I've been using that group forum basically for what you've been asking for.
    DP persona: Yasatanna
    Nightfall Steppe
    Mage, started 2/13/15
    as of 4/14/17: Level 106, 6155K BR (T-17th in the NFS complex), guardian BR 2949K (21st), nymph BR 1474K (28th)

Comment

i don't know about using the forums for this is a wise idea. i'd like to keep this only in the guild and only be viewed by the guild. Because someone may not want to post that in the forums in order to keep something quiet, but an in-game log will not keep that quiet, so no one can cover their tracks if they remove someone against the gm's wishes or lets someone in against the gm's wishes or the agm's wishes. that might work for you, not every guild is run with honor, and i will not be naming names here.

Comment

Hi Maelael, based on your posts I noticed you really care about your guild management, but unfortunately Dragon Pals have serious issues with logs since not even PMs can be recorded. My guild have a facebook group and i highly recommend to have one, it makes easier to share information and create bonds, plus we can keep in touch with friends even after quitting.

Originally posted by Maelael View Post
        So no one can cover their tracks if they remove someone against the gm's wishes or lets someone in against the gm's wishes or the agm's wishes.
        I know the feeling... I think trust is the key to mantain a strong group. That was the main reason i decided to create my own guild. I agree that most of the guilds are not lead by the right person. Some people thinks the strongest player must lead while others think the more active player must lead. None of those options works for me.
        I created my guild and at the moment Malditos is lead by someone elected by our players in a poll, someone everyone trusts. To avoid a dictatorship we make elections every 6 months and guild master can't be re-elected, forcing a rotation in the power. Everyone can be Guild Master here, the only requirement is to be choosen and trusted by most of the guildmates.
        About the logs itself, as assistant guild master, the solution I found was to register all members name in an Excel sheet. It helps to keep track of people who join and leave. When people disappears from our guild we know they left by their own will, since except for inactivity, no one have absolute power for kicking in the guild. It's needed at least 2 of the 3 votes of the GM/AGMs for major decisions. No one likes dictatorship and I never would stay in a guild ruled by an iron fist.
        My advice is: Just take care cause we dont notice when we become dictators too, that was the reason i shared the leadership of Malditos
        Bots are real even though people deny its existence.
        Hots @ Dragon Pals S162 Khare Desert | Warrior - 11.204M BR
        Dark Dragon - 4.212M BR | Arya Lv160 23 Stars - 2.344M BR

Comment

I know the game has issues with logs, but every online game has its issues. Our guild does have a facebook group, though it is a bit difficult to know who leaves on their own if you do not spend much time looking at the guild information. In FairyTale, we all get along and we do come to an agreement when action needs to be taken in order to try to keep everything running smoothly. But finding the right people to join the guild who will be a good fit is difficult. And it is true when the wrong person is in the driver's seat for a guild it could easily fracture. Guilds are something like a family in these games, and every guild has its laws. The right person to lead a guild is often one who never sought absolute power, but has had leadership thrust upon one. I think I'll pass on the idea of keeping a speadsheet and see if it is an idea that we could use. For now until the devs can do something about the logs, then this is the best option. I will still be open for any other ideas, to help keep things running smoothly, so if there are any other tips I will consider them.

Comment

we made a Facebook group too but only about 7 people (accounting for 10 toons- but those are basically all the current officers) have joined. I should change the guild news message back to advertising its existence.
            Can people not "in" a group in the forums still see the posts therein? I have a couple dozen applicants to the group page and I message them to identify themselves as being in the guild before I let them in. And with so few other threads active... not that interesting.
            DP persona: Yasatanna
            Nightfall Steppe
            Mage, started 2/13/15
            as of 4/14/17: Level 106, 6155K BR (T-17th in the NFS complex), guardian BR 2949K (21st), nymph BR 1474K (28th)

Comment

Working...
            X