Announcement

Collapse

Website Instability

We are aware of the issue with the website being unstable. The issue is currently being worked on. We thank you for your patience in the meantime.
See more
See less

What was the criteria used for determining what servers to merge with who?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What was the criteria used for determining what servers to merge with who?

My server, (9) Sylvia, was recently merged. We were a small group and at first was happy with the news of the merger...at first. Evidently the other server needed additional cannon fodder as their lower ranked people were jumping ship left and right. Instead of being able to welcome some fair, new competition we were literally thrown to the twin wolves of MasterCard and Visa. In recent WBs, there are people that don't even get a hit on the first monster and are lucky to get two or three in for the rest. There is no chance for advancement on our server now without investing hundreds of dollars at a throw. Wait....guess I just figured out the criteria for the merger by myself. I have submitted tickets asking this question, as well as trying to find out if "un"mergers were available. Ofc there has been no answer. Anyone else disenchanted with the "new" merged servers?
    Last edited by Alkaris; 03-09-2017, 02:25 AM.

• saekoikeda
    replied
    Originally posted by 10209666732214431 View Post
    you have servers that open at approximately the same time or between like 4 to 6 months and that share a time zone like EDT for example, the thing is that even when all the servers have been open for let's say 3 months the amount of time spent in each it is not a variable that you can program or at least it was not done so far, so you could have a player in s341 who spent 13 hours daily and it is stronger than another player in an older server.
    another thing are the diamonds, heavy cashers could raise BR very very fast so even in a 3 months server we can have 40 million br players
    considering only above 2 factors despite all the others it will be very clear that there is not and there WON'T be what you are calling a FAIR MERGE. somebody will be always in disadvantage, but some players are not capable of playing the game without chatting in world chat so they need merge and disturb the peace of the others lol, nah seriously merge is cr ap i hate those, but understand that the devs do what they can and despite their efforts you will never have a balanced merge in any terms besides time zone.
    Devs do what they can to make $$. Got it.

Leave a comment:

replied
    Originally posted by saekoikeda View Post
    I really find it a stupid way of merging servers.
    you have servers that open at approximately the same time or between like 4 to 6 months and that share a time zone like EDT for example, the thing is that even when all the servers have been open for let's say 3 months the amount of time spent in each it is not a variable that you can program or at least it was not done so far, so you could have a player in s341 who spent 13 hours daily and it is stronger than another player in an older server.
    another thing are the diamonds, heavy cashers could raise BR very very fast so even in a 3 months server we can have 40 million br players
    considering only above 2 factors despite all the others it will be very clear that there is not and there WON'T be what you are calling a FAIR MERGE. somebody will be always in disadvantage, but some players are not capable of playing the game without chatting in world chat so they need merge and disturb the peace of the others lol, nah seriously merge is cr ap i hate those, but understand that the devs do what they can and despite their efforts you will never have a balanced merge in any terms besides time zone.

Leave a comment:

• Valentisha
    replied
    At first - forget about free game! (if free - so too long time).
    At second - in this game too many participants who playing as worker (5-6 server jointly) and help to develop this game.
    at third - look at first line. good luck!

Leave a comment:

• saekoikeda
    replied
    Originally posted by Alkaris View Post
    Maybe you need to read my message again, because i clearly said that:
    I really find it a stupid way of merging servers.

Leave a comment:

• Alkaris
    replied
    Originally posted by saekoikeda View Post
    > Balanced.

Yet decide to merge a two month old server with servers that are way older, and thus, a lot more power difference between the players.
    Maybe you need to read my message again, because i clearly said that:
    But it is balanced not by battle rating or strength of player.

Leave a comment:

replied
    Originally posted by lezickh View Post
    Nobody asked for my server 341- Fallen Plains to be merged but why the hell is it on the list of servers getting merged? the hell, merging will only make cashers quit
    the thing is that to do the merge you use about the same time areas, it doesn't really matter if our server ask or not,....it is like somebody ask for a cigar and we are swallowing the smoke......

Leave a comment:

• lezickh
    replied
    Nobody asked for my server 341- Fallen Plains to be merged but why the hell is it on the list of servers getting merged? the hell, merging will only make cashers quit

Leave a comment:

• saekoikeda
    replied
    Devs are making merges when they have a big list of servers in merge request list. Criteria is not disclosed to us, but from what i know that they have statistics of activity and other things for servers and try to make a balanced merge. But it is balanced not by battle rating or strength of player.
    > Balanced.

Yet decide to merge a two month old server with servers that are way older, and thus, a lot more power difference between the players.

Leave a comment:

• Alkaris
    replied
    Originally posted by wawan153 View Post
    there is a thread for request merger???,,,,
    Kinda, i send servers from this one
    http://forum.r2games.com/showthread....-Merge-request
    to be added to the list, but as i also told it is up to devs to view them and select them for merger.

Leave a comment:

• wawan153
    replied
    Devs are making merges when they have a big list of servers in merge request list. Criteria is not disclosed to us, but from what i know that they have statistics of activity and other things for servers and try to make a balanced merge. But it is balanced not by battle rating or strength of player.
    there is a thread for request merger???,,,,

Leave a comment:

• R256709805
    replied
    my server at the time was 8 months old, we got thrown in with 2 servers that were both over double our server age. Its like they have a pack of monkeys playing dice to determine it.

Leave a comment:

• Alkaris
    replied

Leave a comment:

• AntifreezeUnder0
    replied
    Originally posted by R296000301 View Post
    Ignore the ****** troll- wait for mod to give you a real answer
    Mod would answer that merge happen when devs see it needed, as it been stated by mods many of other similar threads during past. And the criteria if use common sense are same as i said.
    Last edited by Alkaris; 08-12-2016, 04:12 AM.

Leave a comment:

• R296000301
    replied
    Originally posted by AntifreezeUnder0 View Post
    By logic merge happens between servers with in same time zone and with not too much of an time gap, so it wont be month old merged with year old. And merge happens when devs decide its needed . Rest is our speculation. But of course older servers in merge mostly has the strong ones along, so not so older servers will need to adapt to new striker people.
    Ignore the ****** troll- wait for mod to give you a real answer

Leave a comment:

Working...
X