Announcement

Collapse

Website Instability

We are aware of the issue with the website being unstable. The issue is currently being worked on. We thank you for your patience in the meantime.
See more
See less

Guide for the competitive player

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Guide for the competitive player

Outline
    1. Introduction
    2. Skills
    3. Heroes
    4. Mount
    5. Forge
    6. Angel
    7. Arena
    8. Garden
    1. Introduction
    Hello all! This is a living guide for those who are competitive and are only interested in what things to maximize and what to do in what order. It will be updated as new information is gathered. I've broken it up by section to help you understand what to do on a daily basis and explain the different features to get the maximum return on your investment.

Assumptions
    • Character is created at server start time, 0945
    • Minimum involvement in time-dependent daily activities (Boss, Gauntlet, etc.)
    • Time-independent activities are completed daily (Arena, Tidal Pool, etc.)
    • Loop quest and Zodiac are completed daily
    • Limited quantity items from the Gold Shop are purchased daily (Synth Scroll, Rod Socket, Mount EXP)
    • Guild honor tokens are only spent on Synth Scrolls

2. Skills
    Player skills are very important to your overall build strategy as your character will most likely be on the back row shooting or swinging to score the big hits and one-shot the enemy. The secondary skill should be unlocked as soon as possible, then primary skill should be maxed and the ATK passive skill and HP. After that, it really doesn't matter until you hit 45. Once you hit 45, you should again unlock the primary and secondary skills, advance them max first and then make a best-effort to level the rest at an even pace, but place an emphasis on Crit if your build uses the trait (Sorcerer, for example). At level 50, you should unlock the finishing skill asap.

Skill books can be found in TD chests or purchased in the Arena Shop. I recommend TD because the Arena Shop is a bit expensive. It may not be common knowledge, but a trick can be used in the TDs. As long as one of any two characters can one-shot the third enemy, you only need two characters to do the dungeon and get the gold level chest. The stronger character will go first, the weaker goes second and the stronger goes third. A 2-3 second window is available between the cool down from the first kill and the 30 second timer for the gold chest. In most cases, three weak characters can still get the gold using the same strategy as long as they can at least one-shot the first two enemies. For this reason, it is actually recommended to make an alternative (alt) character to help you build the primary. Smart game play can ensure that you get the gold every time and maximize your player growth.

3. Heroes
    You start out with Rose Knight and are forced into recruiting Mermaid. Because of this and the Angel unlock progression (discussed below), the Warrior class is at a clear advantage to the Mage class at the start. Rose Knight should be treated as a standard tank with no hopes of dealing any real damage. Gem priority is HP > PDEF/MDEF > BLOCK/DODGE > END/AGI. In the beginnign it will be difficult to use the best gems, so you may need to place some PATK to fill the slots. Replace these with defensive gems asap.

If you are on a newly opened server, it's more efficient to go ahead and recruit a third Opal hero, strip the gear and sell it, then fire the hero. You will receive a better ratio of Garnet Souls this way.

At level 35 you should spend gold on Herosouls and recruit Zweihander. If you manage to max out on all your stats before the 7-day mark, you should recruit Zweihander early. Either way, use Rose Knight and Zweihander going forward. He will come with training gear, so you should expect to also purchase a Peerless Sword. I recommend putting the player character and Mermaid on the back row; Zweihander in the front, middle and Rose Knight in the front, top. Mermaid will give you longer fights with the healing ability than Pyrona will attacking from the back. Gem Zweihander the same as you do Rose Knight except remove BLOCK from the list.

Also from Livestock about skill training for heroes:
    Opal(blue) heroes can be upgraded to rare +10
    Garnet(purple) heroes can be upgraded to epic +10
    Topaz(orange) heroes can be upgraded to legendary+10
    It's fantastic to upgrade Zweihander to Epic as soon as you recruit him; it's not worth it to invest extra stars unless you've already maxed the mount.

4. Mount
    You should upgrade the Mount to Epic as soon as possible to boost your mount skill in battle. As you get extra Soulstones, you should keep upgrading it until it's completely maxed out. It's probably a good idea to weave this in with the hero skills. I recommend getting all Opal heroes and beyond to the same level as their quality and placing Mount progression on pause until you achieve this. In other words, if you recruit a Topaz hero, Inherit from the replacement hero, then level the skill to Legendary before going back to Mount upgrade investment.

5. Forge
    Enhance
    First, it is important to know that gold is the lowest value currency in the game, but it is necessary to get several key items, such as Synth Scrolls. Enhance is the weakest boost to your BR and ability to win battles, but provides a solid overall boost in stats.

Here are my recommendations based testing:
    1. Enhance the Weapon to max level on the player character, followed by the rest of the gear in the same order as discussed below
    2. Enhance the Helm to max level on the front row heroes
    3. Enhance the Chest and Greaves to half-max level on the front row
    4. Enhance the Weapon to max level on the damage heroes
    5. Enhance the Enhance the Ring to half-max level on the damage heroes

The boots should be the last thing you Enhance and only to get the set bonus.

As Livestock pointed out, the following rule can be used when upgrading your already-enhanced gear:
    -upgrading a courage equip to triumph will reduce 3 enhance levels
    -upgrading a peerless equip to triumph will reduce 4 enhance levels
    -upgrading a triumph equip to conquest will reduce 6 enhance levels
    In other words, when you upgrade a +20 Peerless item, you will receive a +16 Triumph item. This is because it takes the same amount of Gold to Enhance a Peerless item 20 times as it does a Triumph item 16 times. Also, the +16 Triumph item actually has slightly better stats than a +20 Peerless item, so there is no drawback to upgrading already-enhanced gear.

Socket
    You should always boost the stats on your player character over the recruited heroes. The first important upgrade is adding Level 3 gems to every socket. The game transfers open sockets when you upgrade gear, so feel free to use Socket Rods as soon as possible, but make sure you have an extra gem to insert; it's not worth losing the gem level bonus for an extra gem. It doesn't really matter what item you open sockets on, so I recommend unlocking all of 20-cost ones first on every item. Remember: open the third slot on all your player gear first, then move to hero gear.

Synth
    I've done a lot of testing on the Synth and I strongly feel that it is best to only Synth gems if you have Synth Scrolls to ensure 100% success. It takes so many gems to get from Level 1 to Level 5, one or two failures can delay an upgrade an entire day. I recommend Synth all gems as you get them as long as each slot has a gem inside. Remember, if you have 2x of a given gem, you can remove one from a socket, Synth it, then return a higher grade to the socket. Purchase Synth Scrolls form the Gold Shop and Guild Shop to expedite this process and remember to always upgrade the player character first. If you are already at max donation level for your guild, you should buy Synth Scrolls from the Gold Shop and not the Guild Store unless you earn Honor tokens from guild activities like Gauntlet and Twilight Clash.

Priority Common Gem placement based on class (level <45) is:

Mage: MATK > HP > MDEF > AGI > PDEF
    Warrior: PATK > HP > MDEF > AGI > PDEF

Exchange
    Unlocked at level 35
    This is a valuable feature that allows you to truly customize the random gem drops. As a general rule, I recommend changing Agility gems to HP and making sure each gear piece (Peerless and above) has at least one HP gem in a socket. It is always better in the long run to Exchange first and Synth second.

6. Angel
    You can perform a few tricks on the Angels if you are patient and know what to do. The goal here is to get Lunari or Loralei to Legendary quality (before player level 45) in order to unlock Boadecia as soon as possible (at level 50).

Non-VIP players
    You should not spend any Level 1 or 2 Holy Crystals at all and synth up to Level 3 for the upgrade to level 30. When you get Nocturna, use all 10 of the free upgrades immediately. Do NOT use any Angel Tears at this point. Keep her until you can unlock Sylvia. At this point you can either change to Prospera if playing Mage and Inherit from Sylvia or keep her until you can unlock Loralei. In either case, do not upgrade past level 29. When you can get Loralei (you also need 80x Arena tokens to purchase her icon), upgrade to her then you need 30x Level 3 Holy Crystal in order to turn her into legendary at level 30.

VIP players
    Level Lunaria as fast as possible with Angel Tears and synth all Level 1 and 2 Holy Crystals to Level 3.

Hot Deals (Good for VIP and non-VIP players)
    The Boot Camp Hot Deal promotion on new servers gives you a bonus for leveling Nocturna to Level 10 and Level 20, but the rewards are deceptive. In this case, it is actually better to save all Level 1 and Level 2 Holy Crystals to Synth into Level 3 Holy Crystals. If you buy the First Recharge pack, then you will receive Lunaria and will receive the extra bonus making it even easier to get to Legendary quality.

See below for the screen shot:

Click image for larger version

Name:	LoA_BootCamp.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	95.7 KB
ID:	1743872

If you are having trouble getting enough Level 4 Holy Crystals, you can use this strategy: Bond Angel Tears with angel Lunari or Loralei; odds of getting crystals are roughly the same with angel bonds than soloing the specific solo dungeons that have holy crystals as drops. Later you can inherit that angel exp to your main angel (confirmed by me 1/20/2014). [ref:voshiPosted on 2014-01-15]

7. Arena
    The Arena is divided into three sections: Arena, Domination, and Team Arena. Arena is designed so that it is easier for lower level players to get the most out of it. 3/5 match ups should be easy to win and 2/5 will be difficult or impossible. The list auto refreshes at 1200 and 1800 when the stamina boosts are given out. Please see the Arena, Team Arena, and Domination guide for more information on that feature.

Similar to WoW, the gear is one level above the Peerless gear, but one level below the Triumph. Set bonuses are also similar (bonus at 2, 4, and 6), so it is recommended to buy gear in sets of two. If you can go 10-0 on the first day, you could buy the Helm and Greaves, but the cost associated with re-Enhancing the Courage gear will place you behind the power curve when leveling your character. I recommend to NOT use Dragon Crests to purchase Courage gear unless you are VIP. As detailed below in the Daily Progression section, you will be level 40 on day 4 and theoretically be able to get your first piece of Triumph gear (maybe 2). The cost associated with re-Enhancing the Courage gear will place you behind the power curve when leveling your character. Save your Dragon Crests for Level 4 Holy Crystals so you can get Boadicea sooner.

8. Garden
    The Garden is a fantastic zone that allows you to buy resources for gold with a time delay. Unless you are waiting for that final gem Synth to get the next level bonus or maxed on practically everything, it is not recommended to use Gold Seeds in the Garden. Instead use Mount or Warsoul (or a combination) because these are only purchased or won with non-gold currency. Storing up extra Warsouls for levels 45 and 50 is highly recommended to maximize progression. VIP-players should consider synchronizing the Garden with the Drills.

**Special thanks to player Nicotine on GTArcade S8.
    Last edited by calderstrake; 01-23-2014, 10:23 AM. Reason: Updated content

Daily Progression

This post will detail the daily progression that follows the tips and trick from post #1.

*IMPORTANT*
    Each map area contains two chests that give you bonuses. Remember to pick these up as you enter each new area!

Day 1
    The first thing you need to do is prepare for the Team Arena at 1130. The first requisite is that your character be level 30. It is relatively easy to achieve this in about an hour, so this should be no problem. To maximize the progression, remember to get all rewards from the Daily Login and Hot Deals.

High level goals:
    • Enhance +20 to all gear on the player character (weapon first)
    • Level 3 gem bonus on the player character
    • Zodiac unlocked
    • Skill 1 at 4/5 ; Skill 2 at 3/5 ; Passive level 1 skills at 6/9 (ATK), 5/9 (HP)
    • Sylvia unlocked (Prospera if possible and playing Mage class)
    • Gold chest x5 on Level 25 Dungeon
    • Train Mount to Rare
    • Level 33

At roughly 16k Battle Rating (BR), you will be able to defeat both mob types in the level 25 Team Dungeon (TD). Strategy for TD is discussed in post #1.

Day 2
    High level goals:
    • Level 4 ATK gem on player
    • Aegis: Aries to Level 6
    • Exchange all ATK gems to match player class (ex. if Mage PATK -> MATK)
    • Recruit Grimbow and Synth Peerless Bow
    • Participate in Domination
    • Level 3 gem bonus on Rose Knight
    • Synth Peerless gear for all three heroes
    • Level 4 ATK gems on player
    • Skill 1 at 5/5
    • Level 36

Day 3
    High level goals:
    • STOP using Synth Scrolls to make Level 2 gems
    • Unlock Loralei (use Angel Tears after)
    • Recruit Zweihander and Synth Peerless Sword
    • Fire Grimbow to open drill slot, add Zweihander
    • Drills for Zweihander to level 34 using Time Slip
    • Enhance Zweihander gear to +20 on helm and +10 on Mail and Greaves
    • Level 3 gem bonus on Zweihander
    • Train Mount to Epic
    • Train Zweihander and Rose Knight to Rare
    • Sell Level 1 Skill Tomes
    • Skill 2 at 5/5
    • Level 39

Despite making level 39 before the end of the day, BR is not high enough to complete Level 35 TD and receive Gold reward; stick to Level 25 today. Passive skills on level 2 should be 5/9 or 6/9. Adding Zweihander today will allow for a lot of forward movement in Arena and Clash of Might; Always put the best gear on the highest rated hero and use the trickle down strategy for others.

Day 4
    High level goals:
    • Erebus L1 x2
    • Enhance Zweihander gear to +20 on all
    • Enhance Rose Knight gear to +20 on all
    • Drills for Zweihander to level 40 using Time Slip
    • Gold chest x5 on Level 35 Dungeon
    • Level 41

Today Erebus is unlocked. If possible, Synth a Helm and weapon for your player character. NOTE: this guide will assume 3x runs at each level of Erebus for the first Synth and 2x runs for each thereafter.

**UPDATE**
    Testing is on hold until new data can be collected on the Guardian Angel and New Player Rewards.
    Last edited by calderstrake; 01-24-2014, 08:59 AM. Reason: Updated content

Comment

Originally posted by calderstrake View Post
      No, the socket gets locked again and you lose any gems. I tested this today.
      tried and confirmed. u keep the socket and the gem after upgrade. peerless staff+11 became staff of triumph+8.
      Now Playing ~ Shadowbound [S13] - Hunter

played games so far (in many different account) ~ Crystal Saga, Wartune, Broken Realm, Eternal Saga, Dragon Pals, Yitien, Blade Hunter (alpha), Lunaria Story, League of Angels, Monkey King Online, Crusader of Solaris, Shadowbound, Mythborne (alpha), Stormthrone (alpha) more list to come

Comment

I'm not confused, I'm reporting a deficiency in the game. You lose an unlocked socket when you upgrade equipment. This is a bug from my perspective, not 'working as intended'.

I never said anything about Enhance levels.

Since it worked for XrosSlash, it's safe to assume that I encountered an unexpected problem.

Comment

I'm not confused, I'm reporting a deficiency in the game. You lose an unlocked socket when you upgrade equipment. This is a bug from my perspective, not 'working as intended'.

I never said anything about Enhance levels.

Since it worked for XrosSlash, it's safe to assume that I encountered an unexpected problem.
          1. You DONOT lose socket slots you have opened when you upgrade Peerless/Courage sets to Triumph.
          2. Losing Enhancement upgrade is the wrong way to say it. When you Synth Peerless/Courage into Triump say Former gear is +20 You new Gear will be Triumph +16. You havent actually lost anything. Since the New Synth Gear is better even being only +16. Reason it goes goes to + 16 is the the cost of upgrading peerless to 20 is same cost of upgrading a Triumph to 20.

Comment

You need to change the socket tip in your guide its confusing a lot of players who come here for information.

Comment

If everyone here will recognize that I encountered a bug, we can move on. I updated the first post to reflect this.

EDIT: As it turns out, I was not aware that you can select the item to Synth when multiple are available. Thanks to XiuQinLi for pointing this out!
              Last edited by calderstrake; 01-21-2014, 01:48 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Livestock View Post
                yes you lose few enhance levels when you upgrade.

-upgrading a courage equip to triumph will reduce 3 enhance levels
                -upgrading a peerless equp to triumph will reduce 4 enhance levels
                -upgrading a triumph equip to conquest will reduce 6 enhance levels
                This is one reason to not even bother with Enhance until you get Triumph gear.

Comment

As mageofsilence mentioned in his post. you don't actually lose anything when upgrading
                  Triumph +16 will cost the same as peerless +20 so not an issue if you enhance it to max and then upgrade

"2. Losing Enhancement upgrade is the wrong way to say it. When you Synth Peerless/Courage into Triump say Former gear is +20 You new Gear will be Triumph +16. You havent actually lost anything. Since the New Synth Gear is better even being only +16. Reason it goes goes to + 16 is the the cost of upgrading peerless to 20 is same cost of upgrading a Triumph to 20."
                  Last edited by Livestock; 01-14-2014, 11:01 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Livestock View Post
                    As mageofsilence mentioned in his post. you don't actually lose anything when upgrading
                    Triumph +16 will cost the same as peerless +20 so not an issue if you enhance it to max and then upgrade
                    I think this amounts to language difference. It is not clear the way mageofsilence typed it that Peerless +20 is equal to / better than Triumph +16. Thanks for the additional clarification.

Comment

I think this amounts to language difference. It is not clear the way mageofsilence typed it that Peerless +20 is equal to / better than Triumph +16. Thanks for the additional clarification.
                      This is not how it was posted. hen you Synth Peerless/Courage into Triump say Former gear is +20 You new Gear will be Triumph +16. You havent actually lost anything. Since the New Synth Gear is better even being only +16. Reason it goes goes to + 16 is the the cost of upgrading peerless to 20 is same cost of upgrading a Triumph to 20.

Never did I say peerless 20 is equal to Triumph 16.

It says Triumph is better even though it drops down to +16.
                      It also stats the cost to upgrade Peerless +20 is same as cost to upgrade Triumph +16.

Comment

calderstrake, any suggestion for aegis?

Comment

Originally posted by BlinkGazer View Post
                          calderstrake, any suggestion for aegis?
                          Good question! In general, each Aegis is better than the one previous. Although this may seem confusing because each Aegis actually offers a different bonus, it's because each targets a better game mechanic.

The major point of recommendation I would like to give is to save your Aegis pieces for the third Aegis, Gemini. You can move through Ares and Taurus Aegis skills pretty quickly, but the time between Gemini and Cancer is significantly longer and worth a higher investment in Gemini. Reducing your opponent's rage will literally lower the frequency of their skill use. This prevent damage and gives you more chances to use yours, increasing damage. I'll incorporate this into the guide after I do some more testing.

Comment

The major point of recommendation I would like to give is to save your Aegis pieces for the third Aegis, Gemini. You can move through Ares and Taurus Aegis skills pretty quickly, but the time between Gemini and Cancer is significantly longer and worth a higher investment in Gemini. Reducing your opponent's rage will literally lower the frequency of their skill use. This prevent damage and gives you more chances to use yours, increasing damage. I'll incorporate this into the guide after I do some more testing.
                            i heard all aegis stats stack each other, that means u can upgrade em all at equal level to get more benefit. so u dont need to skip it. correct me if im wrong.
                            one more info. at lv10 aegis u need many aegis shards to upgrade. i got lv10 taurus, it cost 50 shards. the bad news is it has 75% chance,, lol.

and for aegis skill. imo, taurus still the best over gemini. 25% atck reduction is somewhat good overall.
                            Last edited by XrosSlash; 01-15-2014, 11:52 AM.
                            Now Playing ~ Shadowbound [S13] - Hunter

played games so far (in many different account) ~ Crystal Saga, Wartune, Broken Realm, Eternal Saga, Dragon Pals, Yitien, Blade Hunter (alpha), Lunaria Story, League of Angels, Monkey King Online, Crusader of Solaris, Shadowbound, Mythborne (alpha), Stormthrone (alpha) more list to come

Comment

Yes, the stats from all the aegis stacks so it's better to upgrade all of them. As for skills I would say cancer is pretty good early game stunning multiple enemies is too good

There are 2 stages for an aegis upgrade. Once you level up an aegis to lvl 10,you can upgrade them to a higher quality improving the skill.
                              First upgrade costs 50 aegis shards and has 75% success rate.
                              Second upgrade costs 100 aegis shards and has 60% success rate and so on
                              Max upgrades is 6 which is the golden aegis.

Comment

Working...
                              X