Block or Dodge?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Block or Dodge?

Can't find any post to answer my question.

Im pala full lvl 6 gems with dodge, but some ppl say that block is better than dodge?

Can someone with experience in this game answer me what is better for pala?

Pls answer strict to this question.

Ty in advange.

Originally posted by HaiCaTrece View Post

Im pala full lvl 6 gems with dodge, but some ppl say that block is better than dodge?

Ty in advange.
    dodge is king right now !!! although you may need a lot of it for you to see some dodging, you have to have atleast 6k !!!
    Server : S41 Wyrm's Gorge
    IGN : 13th
    Class : Paladin

Comment

both
      Click image for larger version

Name:	blockndodge.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	616.5 KB
ID:	1692052
      Early on you could go with block for PvP and dodge for PvE, but later it's better to have both
      <--- 700k+ BR Claw

Penetrator69:
      everyone knows there was a problem with claws not working how he should've, yet you seem to cry about which to me seems like you cant kill people you used to be able to.
      logic.

Comment

From 6 gems lvl 6 cant get that much dodge. My total dodge at lvl 53 is 2853.

I read somewhere on forums that if u get to block an attack u get extra rage or something?

PS: I see ur a pala too. Can u resist vs a berzeker with same items / gems as you?

Comment

From 6 gems lvl 6 cant get that much dodge. My total dodge at lvl 53 is 2853.

I read somewhere on forums that if u get to block an attack u get extra rage or something?

PS: I see ur a pala too. Can u resist vs a berzeker with same items / gems as you?
          Haven't seen berserkers go for the same gems as me, but I can defeat our top berserker who's 150k BR higher than me.
          And yes, when you block you get rage as if you got hit.. but the damage is reduced
          <--- 700k+ BR Claw

Penetrator69:
          everyone knows there was a problem with claws not working how he should've, yet you seem to cry about which to me seems like you cant kill people you used to be able to.
          logic.

Comment

I understand. Now i have another question.

1 day ago I was top 1 in WB hitting boss with 800k - 1m, but last night couldnt get more than 800k and 2 guys with 10k - 15k lower attack than me were able to get better hits...how is that possible? I didnt change setup on party that I used 1 day ago.

Comment

I understand. Now i have another question.

1 day ago I was top 1 in WB hitting boss with 800k - 1m, but last night couldnt get more than 800k and 2 guys with 10k - 15k lower attack than me were able to get better hits...how is that possible? I didnt change setup on party that I used 1 day ago.
              Well, a recent change fixed it so that rage depletes after a skill is used.. unlike before when you had rage left. That makes it so that your skills don't activate as often and if you're using a rage dependent team, you'll lose a lot of damage.
              And if you're using high dodge against the boss, there's a chance you got a completely miserable luck that night
              <--- 700k+ BR Claw

Penetrator69:
              logic.

Comment

Ty in advange.
                whit pally experience my advice would be start whit block until you can get dodge on 5,5k-6k whit turning gems from block to dodge. before that it's kind of useless in my opinion. thought having both is pretty nice when taking option warrior dragon souls. if dodge fails you have still chance to activate it whit block for rage steal.
                League of angels Rain s114
                Wartune Froza s374

Nova genesis s43 siria
                sense of sanity comes from insanity.
                chill,relax,sit back and eat cookie or if drama just swap for popcorn and laugh

Comment

Originally posted by Carchadion View Post
                  whit pally experience my advice would be start whit block until you can get dodge on 5,5k-6k whit turning gems from block to dodge. before that it's kind of useless in my opinion. thought having both is pretty nice when taking option warrior dragon souls. if dodge fails you have still chance to activate it whit block for rage steal.
                  So...u say i change all dodge gems into block gems until i get lvl 60+?

Comment

Originally posted by Painindaback View Post
                    Well, a recent change fixed it so that rage depletes after a skill is used.. unlike before when you had rage left. That makes it so that your skills don't activate as often and if you're using a rage dependent team, you'll lose a lot of damage.
                    And if you're using high dodge against the boss, there's a chance you got a completely miserable luck that night
                    there are like 3-4 threads of this discussion...keep it there !!! LOL

So...u say i change all dodge gems into block gems until i get lvl 60+?
                    yes that is advisable , or you can even use crit gems for a while until you get lvl 7 dodge gems !!!
                    and yes having both dodge and block is better !!! i do it !!!
                    Server : S41 Wyrm's Gorge
                    IGN : 13th
                    Class : Paladin

Comment

Originally posted by pkmonster View Post
                      yes that is advisable , or you can even use crit gems for a while until you get lvl 7 dodge gems !!!
                      and yes having both dodge and block is better !!! i do it !!!
                      But if i have 3 gems dodge and 3 block, rate to activate is lower for both.

Comment

But if i have 3 gems dodge and 3 block, rate to activate is lower for both.
                        6 block, 6 dodge and remove either PDEF or MDEF depending on what classes there are more on your server (still change to PDEF for pve as that's what mostly you'll fight against there)
                        <--- 700k+ BR Claw

Penetrator69:
                        logic.

Comment

Originally posted by Painindaback View Post
                          6 block, 6 dodge and remove either PDEF or MDEF depending on what classes there are more on your server (still change to PDEF for pve as that's what mostly you'll fight against there)
                          this is not going to work if server have both strong mages and warriors/archers. otherwise idea what i also tested and took it away almost instantly due to gems being too weak to give enough stats.i added 2nd kind of advanced gems only after getting royal equips(god equips are option now also,but not back then). better stick whit 1 kind of advanced gems until you have 1 set of lvl6 or 7 of those. just saying but whit my trying there were maybe 1 dodge in 10 fights and same for block and nobody wants to remove mdef permanently due all other angels being matk besides nyssa removing mdef is biggest risk you can possibly take even players on server would be patk only whit patk troops. before lvl60 angel effect on fights is just too big to be ignored it's different thing thought if you server is full of people whit nyssa :P.
                          League of angels Rain s114
                          Wartune Froza s374

Nova genesis s43 siria
                          sense of sanity comes from insanity.
                          chill,relax,sit back and eat cookie or if drama just swap for popcorn and laugh

Comment

Originally posted by Carchadion View Post
                            this is not going to work if server have both strong mages and warriors/archers. otherwise idea what i also tested and took it away almost instantly due to gems being too weak to give enough stats.i added 2nd kind of advanced gems only after getting royal equips(god equips are option now also,but not back then). better stick whit 1 kind of advanced gems until you have 1 set of lvl6 or 7 of those. just saying but whit my trying there were maybe 1 dodge in 10 fights and same for block and nobody wants to remove mdef permanently due all other angels being matk besides nyssa removing mdef is biggest risk you can possibly take even players on server would be patk only whit patk troops. before lvl60 angel effect on fights is just too big to be ignored it's different thing thought if you server is full of people whit nyssa :P.
                            Everyone with their preferences I used to win 90% of the time on level 60, as a free player, without mdef gems(pretty much everyone was a mage). It's just all about the way you build(the difference maker was Nereida, since noone else saw the potential in her at that time).
                            <--- 700k+ BR Claw

Penetrator69:
                            logic.

Comment

I don't bother with mdef gems unless I have absolutely nothing to stick in the socket. Currently my Pala runs on 6x dodge, 6x crit, 6x hp, 6x pdef, 6x patk, and the places where I have a 6th slot I'm using fuse hp/atk. Mostly lvl 7-8 gems. 8k dodge, so I end up dodging nearly all angel attacks. I don't bother with block, especially since Pala ds burns rage on dodging, i would rather not take any dmg at all and reduce your rage even more, than block a hit and have your rage go up 15 instead of 25. When I had my claw I only used patk, crit, and hp. Nothing else is really needed, especially if you have god ring and god boots on it.
                              Mage lvl 64
                              BR 84k
                              Server R2-590

Comment

Working...
                              X