Would be Open Letter to R2 response

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Would be Open Letter to R2 response

I attempted to respond to an open letter to R2 but it says security token invalid, so here is a whole new post to reply to another post :P

Also in cross server, whether it is cart or mine, I have noticed drastic differences in power in players. It's actually gotten to the point where bigger players let the smaller players die on purpose to get more rewards. The process to which teams are picked must be updated to create even teams and/or adjust the scoring system so that mining isn't such a huge variable. At one point I had more assists than everybody combined and still manage to end up last. On that note, someone on the losing team that managed to get more ore than everyone else ended up second just by sitting on a mine and clicking on it every minute or so. So because they are so powerful and end up 2nd place anyway they have no inclination to being a team player...and nor do I. Suggestion?!?! how about after 100 ore you get no more points for it. same goes for 10 kills and 5 assists. AND that these proportions have the same impact on rank (give or take). I believe this would promote better team work and happier content more interactive players. This is probably an easier task than say building a selection option like gauntlet where you choose the difficulty resulting in different prizes. --- More to come!

what you say is even worse than how it goes currently. when theyll get no points after 100 ores, theyll simply go afk
    League of Angels

S94 Lonewind Forest
    Magus Rynd

Comment

well when they leave after getting their 100 ore i'll just get my 5 assists and tie them for 1st...assuming i get 0 ore which i doubt. See my point here at all?? you have to do well...not great....but well in all 3 categories. this will force all players to interact in all parts of the game including each other. as it is now big players just sit on a mine and click on it every minute or so. they're probably checking their spam email at the same time.
      Last edited by R2108807433; 01-23-2015, 11:49 AM.

Comment

this is...kind of a dumb idea (sorry for being so blunt). The whole purpose of CS isnt to score points, its to win. The points are a ranking system to award prizes. Top points go to mining because DUH the point of the match is to MINE the most ores. After that points go to kills and finally to assists, because lets face it, assist is pretty much the least valuable point giving option from the whole thing and doesnt even always get a point added when giving an assist.

The way CS is now is completely fine except the matching system, but Id rather be on an uneven team and matched quickly then wait hours for the system to decide that it has created 2 even teams. Means sometimes your on awesome teams, sometimes the worst teams ever and sometimes perfectly matched teams that whoever mines the last ore ends up winning.

A last note, i havent noticed any "big" players that let small players die on purpose. Usually those "big" players take the middle and tell the smaller players to grab the sides and swarm them to keep the ore and protect each other from attacks. Most times the "smaller" players cant figure this out, go to middle and get killed expecting the "big" player to kill everyone who comes and tries to attack them and protect little them so they can mine the ore. If your a small player learn your role and how you can best assist your team and quit whining and trying to get the big points and Im sure youll notice a difference. If your a big player then your role is to make sure you hold the biggest point mine and rely on the small players to get the outside ores and assist WHEN ABLE. Well this is of course just basic strategy and team work but you know, big players are greedy egoists that are only out to kill their own teammates and sabotage the match am i right? lol you make me laugh ba ha ha

Comment

Well my idea would still fix the issue of evening out teams if you give restriction on what big players can do. And I am glad you haven't seen big players let small players die so they can take the cart from them, but I have. Originally my idea was to only let players play against other similarly ranked players (ie same selection system as gauntlet) but I figured it'd be easier and faster for developers to simply change the scoring system's variables. I am sorry if my idea isn't perfect for you, but it's simple and effective. I figured it'd be best to keep it that way. But do remember the original issue. I had more assists than everybody combined and still made last. So that should NOT be ok with you at all. UNLESS...you do not use the word 'honor' in the prize, because that is a joke. It's very insulting to use that word with such obvious nonsense for lack of sportsmanship.

Comment

Working...
          X