World boss and hyprocrisy of LOA

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• World boss and hyprocrisy of LOA

So, this has been an on going problem that devs have given up on correcting. That is of the World Boss. Far to often for about 3 years now the World boss is not part of the team encouraged play that mush of the game encourages. IF a server WB last more than 3 seconds then one of two things have occured. One, there are no high level BR players in the WB, or that the server is actually undertanding the concept of "the more participants, the greater the rewards" (Which, is idea and I commend those servers). This ahs come to a head recently with the recent Merger. 1. our server was not on the scheduled servers to be merged, nor were the servers that ultimately became ub6. Prior to the server, we worked out with our one hit wonders that WB was and is supposed to be a team play, and that they would benefit, as well as the server benefit from allowing lower BR players to actually participate. Now, with the new server, you have a certain element that have the entire attitude that "any agreements that you had prior are null and void we don't care we are doing it our way. Their way ends up being we don't care about the server I can one hit it I am doing it. with no care for everyone else. Now, here is where the hypocrisy of the game comes in. WB is promoted as a server event. A team event that requires team effort to handle. Over the course of play, individual players have become more powerful than the WB. Now, as a veteran player we have seen only TWO instances where the WB had its power increased. These obviously were temporary fixes. One can not help but wonder why this has not been addressed, we know through other events that the devs have the ability to alter the conditions with which players are able to enter into battles (e.g. Doomsday Trial). So, one has to ask the serious question to the devs. "If WB is supposed to be a team orientated event that encourages everyone to participate why has this not been fixed so that everyone is able to enjoy the event, or has this event and the rewards that go along with it now a individual event?"

Some suggetions on how the WB can be fixed
    1. Dragons have a healing and heal 99% of damage received in a hit. Another way to look at this is that only 1% of a hit is applied to damage. The WB would still be eventually on hit killable as the game progresses as people will only have to be needing to increase their hit damage to offset the healing.
    2. reduction of team that is able to enter the battle. This probably is not the ideal as there are some players who main themselves are capable of taking out the WB
    3. being lazy and simply increasing the HP of the WB (may or may not even give relief of problem)
    4.severely limit the rewards for one hit kills, IT is after all a team event. not an individual event.

of those 4 options the first option would give you the longest time to work up
    a permanent fix.

One of the issues, on the need for a merge is retention of players. IF players do not feel that they are making any sort of progress, that the game is no longer fun, then they are going to leave the game. When it comes down to the WB and someone has the ability to actually one hit the WB what are they needing the reward for? in most cases they already have everything in the store, and now fashion core (only place for a while that they could be gathered since CS events have not worked in years) have been added to HT. The only real reason that anyone who can one hit a WB is for the reason of just filling an individual need without care of anyone else. I know that this is not just a single specific server problem and these same people go into shaming anyone who stands up to them, baited into verbal battles and it devolves into a very hostile exchange. Which, then the person who created the problem to begin with can take screen shots play victim, and have devs censure, suspend, or remove the player who was simply standing up to those at fault with NO action taking place to those that initialted the exchange. This is another hypocrisy within the game to punish a player that is simply standing up to those who are server bullys.
    Last edited by Sidhe; 08-09-2018, 04:45 AM.

1. Dragons have a healing and heal 99% of damage received in a hit. Another way to look at this is that only 1% of a hit is applied to damage. The WB would still be eventually on hit killable as the game progresses as people will only have to be needing to increase their hit damage to offset the healing.
    We have abilities and heroes which disable healing or reduce healing effects and heroes which strike directly through any protection or shield. Also this option make WB unkillable on new servers for long time.

reduction of team that is able to enter the battle. This probably is not the ideal as there are some players who main themselves are capable of taking out the WB
    May work if it would be possible to rewrite WB code similar to god blitz trials, which is not.

being lazy and simply increasing the HP of the WB (may or may not even give relief of problem)
    Value of boss HP is numerical value and there is engine limitation for it, also once again make boss unkillable on new servers.

severely limit the rewards for one hit kills, IT is after all a team event. not an individual event.
    Punishing players for doing a good job, worst decision i know.

Comment

cater to the new servers and forget about the old ones? that's the attitude you expect from someone who cares for only money and not players, but then again, that seems to be the only thing that matters. I am sick of waiting for world boss, only to have the same 1-2 players 1-hit everything.

unkillable on new servers?

if (server == 'uc21' || server == 'uc20' || server == 'uc 19')
      {
      maxhp = 100000000000000000;
      ** else {
      maxhp = 10000000;

that's a non-programmer excuse. I am sure even flash or whatever the backend runs has an if/else statement

tell your dev's/support they should fix world boss, but I don't care.
      it would save me a ton of time where I wait to be able to get a hit on world boss but instead get bugged / not a hit.

I have put way too much time into this game and am sick of them not answering my tickets. not fixing world boss. not reimbursing me for things that are clearly their fault. I had 3 - 4 tickets which they didn't even bother to reply to.

most people I know quit already and I am at a point to where I am ready to quit. I quit recharging when they quit answering my tickets.
      if I could get a refund I would.

Comment

I would love to see World Boss adjusted to allow for server merges and power lvl of players? As it is the WBoss feature is one shotted before all participants can log a single hit and thus they are locked out of devotion and event bonuses etc.
        Please consider strengthening the bosses or parsing the numbers in order to make the feature usable by all participants.
        Sincerely
        Mallenroh S16 S306

Comment

if (server == 'uc21' || server == 'uc20' || server == 'uc 19')
          {
          maxhp = 100000000000000000;
          ** else {
          maxhp = 10000000;

that's a non-programmer excuse. I am sure even flash or whatever the backend runs has an if/else statement
          Except that uc21 and so on is name of cluster and cant be used in that way, if you use base names of servers you will get if statement with 300+ parameters. Which will require to be edited every time new server will become old one and also maintenance will be needed for each of those edits. You also dont count such things as number and strength of people who joined for world boss.

I have put way too much time into this game and am sick of them not answering my tickets. not fixing world boss. not reimbursing me for things that are clearly their fault. I had 3 - 4 tickets which they didn't even bother to reply to.
          If your tickets were open more than 3 weeks ago, you need to submit again because they were closed by system and cant be answered anymore. If your tickets were open recently, you can provide your character name and server, so i can check it with support.

Comment

World boss has been messed up for years, one hitters, and now everybody can one hit, so why bother? So easy to fix by making it unlimited hp bosses, and giving prizes based on damage. Pfft, biggest complaint i hear from most servers.

Comment

Originally posted by lorenne47 View Post
              World boss has been messed up for years, one hitters, and now everybody can one hit, so why bother? So easy to fix by making it unlimited hp bosses, and giving prizes based on damage. Pfft, biggest complaint i hear from most servers.
              And i am again going to give same answer that if you are not developer of LoA and dont have a knowledge about its engine, coding of world boss segment and its limitations, you cant really say that its easy to do something about it. It may look easy to do, but lets remember CS War, which was also went through some improvements, some changes and then suddenly it ended up in current state, which will probably never be fixed.
              Devs know about issues with world boss, they just need to find a way to improve it without breaking.

Comment

Can you all please fix that bloody world boss? All freaking monsters do 1 shot it so people cant get rewards from events. What's so hard to script it ? Do it like on wartune that was an easy fix .. making boss 30 sec imune to dmg should be fine for everybody to hit.

Comment

Originally posted by SubZeroMG View Post
                  Can you all please fix that bloody world boss? All freaking monsters do 1 shot it so people cant get rewards from events. What's so hard to script it ? Do it like on wartune that was an easy fix .. making boss 30 sec imune to dmg should be fine for everybody to hit.
                  About difficulty of script i answered above. Same for immunity LoA coded in different way and solution which worked for wartune may not be possible to apply.

Comment

Why not to make WB multilevel? For example if server is able to kill it in 5 min then next time they have a stronger and higher level WB ? Rewards can slightly increase at every level but not much.
                    Right now is WB attached to so many different events like Event Bonus and so on. Its so unfair if only 1-3 players can get all the rewards every single day, rest turn up in the middle of their real life commitments just for nothing. Its not an acceptable excuse that new players need to kill it too. Why they are more important than long time loyal players, who cant even get 1 single hit for weeks??
                    If you are not able to fix WB then is probably best to connect all those WB killing 1% and similar rewards to other daily events. As it is now really frustrating.
                    Last edited by Aramona; 07-18-2018, 12:31 PM.

Comment

so what Alkaris is saying is the dev's are *****....not good at thier job, actually not even not good, incompetent. you can put lipstick on a pig all day long, doesn't change the fact their pigs.

Comment

Why not to make WB multilevel? For example if server is able to kill it in 5 min then next time they have a stronger and higher level WB ? Rewards can slightly increase at every level but not much.
                        Define 'stronger' please. Increase HP - there is a code cap of that variable, defense - we have heroes with skills which ignore it, damage reduction - same as defense, it is applied either as shield or as buff, which is either ignored by some of heroes or removed. Damage immunity - we have only one kind of it, called 'supremacy' and its turn all your damage into 0, which means you dont deal any damage required for event.

Comment

At least fix that ****** bug .. people hit the world boss... the boss kill the players and don't count the hit. .. i mean what the hell.

Comment

OK.. as I can understand, stronger is impossible. How about adding new boss every time the existing bosses are gone by server in 10 seconds in previous day? And making all boss killers start with cooldown again, so they cant kill them all in few seconds? As it is now, there are extra strong merged servers with 20-30 people able to kill them with 1 hit. Its not fair that 1 - 3 of them can get the hit and rest just have the same reward as people not participating at all. These are usually same people almost every day. Probably owning really fast net.
                            How about entering reward if really nothing can be done? Or just take away all connected rewards and add them to more even events? Event Bonus comes first in mind. And all the dias rewarded to people who have fastest net connections.

Comment

The original dev team, that coded World Boss back in 2013 no longer works at Youzu...

And the current ones don't care about it, as the HP value is the same to ALL servers, so if it is raised, will be to all, and honestly, won't make much difference in the end.
                              IGN: Arudora

R2 uc17 - EST

Best regards, and Serrin bless us

Comment

Working...
                              X