Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Announcement] Dec. 3rd S73 & S80 Server Merge Time Issue

Dear Heroes and Angels,

During the server merge which occurred on Dec. 3rd, S73 (European server) and S80 (US East server) were accidentally merged as a new server ua38. After the server merge, the new server ua38 (S73 & S80) adopted the S73 GMT time which has unfortunately caused various time inconveniences to US East players originally in S80. We apologize deeply for this mistake, and will be sending compensation to affected players.

Unfortunately, once servers are merged, trying to separate them would cause significant lose of data for players on all parts, so we are unable to rectify this simply by separating the servers.

If possible, we would appreciate any and all players from S80 who are able to maintain their characters on ua38. However, if players from S80 wish to return to a US East server and can afford a partial loss character info, please contact us so that we may transfer your character to a different US East server with a similar launching date as the original S80. We regret to say that player data can't be transferred 100% to another server; thus, if you would like further transfer details please contact our Customer Service Team by filing a ticket.

We apologize again for this server merge issue and hope to receive your feedback ASAP.

Best Regards,
    R2Games LoA Ops Team
    Found a bug? Report it here: Happy gaming! :o:cool:;)

I keep a back up on my servers at work LOL

Comment

This mistake and this fix is so unjust.. I cannot work with main events being held so many hours ahead of time while I am at work.. and if I move my character I'll lose data? So in other words its hopeless. If I knew this was the fate of s80 I would of never spent as much as I did I would of rather have my money back or credit towards another server. In the 2+ years I've played R2 games I've never been this dissgusted with a compensation. Nothing will compensate forcing me to quit after all this time money and effort. Not to mention theres no guarentee that all of us friends could stay together if your transfering people to new servers.. theres no point playing without my friends or my data I worked so hard on. I hope your happy with yourselves you really let down a lot of players.

Comment

Originally posted by SukaX View Post
        This mistake and this fix is so unjust.. I cannot work with main events being held so many hours ahead of time while I am at work.. and if I move my character I'll lose data? So in other words its hopeless. If I knew this was the fate of s80 I would of never spent as much as I did I would of rather have my money back or credit towards another server. In the 2+ years I've played R2 games I've never been this dissgusted with a compensation. Nothing will compensate forcing me to quit after all this time money and effort. Not to mention theres no guarentee that all of us friends could stay together if your transfering people to new servers.. theres no point playing without my friends or my data I worked so hard on. I hope your happy with yourselves you really let down a lot of players.
        This sums up my thoughts. Way to throw an entire server under the bus.
        Abstracts, the too long didn't read of the educated world.

Comment

Originally posted by no231987 View Post
          This sums up my thoughts. Way to throw an entire server under the bus.
          You act as though they care. Look at GTA S149. It started deleting accounts and what they did was force the users to make new accounts on S142 or quit.

Comment

Lol this is hilarious as expected of R2Games...

Comment

Originally posted by MetalPharoah View Post
              You act as though they care. Look at GTA S149. It started deleting accounts and what they did was force the users to make new accounts on S142 or quit.
              Yeah, that was a travesty. They got half-decent compensation (well, it's arguable) out of it, though - meanwhile on s80 they just get 'either live with it or get moved onto an unfamiliar server with no guarantee you'll even keep what you have.'
              Impressive that they can't even do a server rollback. 10/10 quality work here.

Comment

we need a merge tooo. we are dying in here !

Comment

I feel bad for all that had this merge and cant play but just a little question. Did anyone question before the merge why their eastern server was being merged with a european server? Its even listed under european servers on the merge announcement thread. I am surprised not to have seen thread or comments asking about this within the week before the merge.

And after looking again, 1 person did question it in a way. It probably would help if 50 other people dont flood threads with merge requests every time the word merge appears.
                  Last edited by gemmi; 12-05-2014, 12:08 PM.

Comment

Yeah, I guess lesson learned: read everything in the server merges thread and if something looks off, make a new thread and complain loudly, since otherwise I don't think anyone from support reads these.

It's still just sad that R2Games made one server number typo and then couldn't be bothered to check to make sure the servers they were merging were the ones they wanted to merge. The players could've prevented this, but the responsibility shouldn't be on them to do so.

Comment

Originally posted by gemmi View Post
                      I feel bad for all that had this merge and cant play but just a little question. Did anyone question before the merge why their eastern server was being merged with a european server? Its even listed under european servers on the merge announcement thread. I am surprised not to have seen thread or comments asking about this within the week before the merge.

And after looking again, 1 person did question it in a way. It probably would help if 50 other people dont flood threads with merge requests every time the word merge appears.
                      I do watch the forums but why would I click on the thread thats announcing European server merges when Im in a north american server... They only announced the merge inside our server in game the night before and by then it was too late to warn them. Not to mention why would it be our responsibility, its a pretty huge and stupid mistake to mix a north american server to a euro in the years I played R2 I've never seen it happen until they ruined s80.

Comment

lmfao rofl this is amazing...sorry to those affected but this is funny as hell...classic r2 first th roll back now merge issues Give them the blue ribbon of F##k Ups! XD
                        "You're the darkest burning star, You're my perfect disease"

Comment

Originally posted by R2CS_Amanda View Post
                          Dear Heroes and Angels,

During the server merge which occurred on Dec. 3rd, S73 (European server) and S80 (US East server) were accidentally merged as a new server ua38. After the server merge, the new server ua38 (S73 & S80) adopted the S73 GMT time which has unfortunately caused various time inconveniences to US East players originally in S80. We apologize deeply for this mistake, and will be sending compensation to affected players.

Unfortunately, once servers are merged, trying to separate them would cause significant lose of data for players on all parts, so we are unable to rectify this simply by separating the servers.

If possible, we would appreciate any and all players from S80 who are able to maintain their characters on ua38. However, if players from S80 wish to return to a US East server and can afford a partial loss character info, please contact us so that we may transfer your character to a different US East server with a similar launching date as the original S80. We regret to say that player data can't be transferred 100% to another server; thus, if you would like further transfer details please contact our Customer Service Team by filing a ticket.

We apologize again for this server merge issue and hope to receive your feedback ASAP.

Best Regards,
                          R2Games LoA Ops Team
                          if you guys even border to read the ********* reply's your users/members give then this prob wouldnt be a prob at all because i already told you days before the planned merge !!!! .... but you dont give a **** what players think or do only care about ****** money.
                          S69 Foultusk Lair
                          IGN Jm4nsk1
                          Guild BloodOath
                          Alliance BloodOath
                          lvl 100 BR 43 Mil

Comment

please merger server EUROPE s116 Imp parliament with s121 Republic of dis
                            IGN: Ogami S116 Imp Parliament

Comment

60 needs another one too

Comment

Working...
                              X