Warriors pure tank build

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Warriors pure tank build

This build is for warriors that want to be pure tanks. The pure tank shows it's true value when you acquire and use the sanctuary skill from mount. The sanctuary skil attract all attacks for 2 rounds, that helps a lot your mercenaries to stay longer alive to do damage. For acquire that skill you need the mount to be minimum level 4 and the vigor of the mount to be 50%. Until you get that skill is good to be pure tank but it will not be as effective.

Using sanctuary skill warriors need to have a great amount of health and defense, as well to be able to block most the hits or dodge them other way the skill is useless.

I will not say anything about what mercenaries to use or talismans, astrals and souls the mercenaries of a pure tank need to use because most have their own game play strategy. Only thing i can suggest until you reach lvl 70 is good to have 1 more tank mercenary with you, healers are useless until lvl 70. So you can have 1 tank mercenary and 3 hitters mercenaries or if you are lvl 60-69 and very confident with your defense and speed and you use sanctuary skill, you can use 3 hitters and the borboleta mercenary that she's a healer to heal you but is to risky.

At level 70 Evergreen (heal mercenary) and Lexar (defense mercenary) can boost your warrior to be better tank but in cost of less mercenaries to do damage. Most when they reach that level will know what mercenaries they will need, for tank warriors Evergreen is an important asset to have.

Astrals

First 3 astrals must be HP, PDEF and MDEF. as you open astrals slots every 10 levels example 50,60,70...... is good to use with this order block,dodge, CRIT DEF. Last 2 astrals at lvl 70 and 80 you can put what ever you want as they don't affect the tank build, i suggest pattack and hit so you can do a bit more damage and hit more offend.

Most warriors says that Crit deff astral is useless, i disagree with them because if they remove your felix talisman effect and if they pass your block the chance to critical you and stand you get's lower with Crit deff astral .

Is always good to have all your warriors astrals 2 levels above the astrals of your rest mercenaries. Example warrior have lvl 6 astrals rest mercenaries have lvl 4 astrals..

Is good as well to level all the astrals of your warrior together. Like all be lvl 5 or 6, if you lack of something let's say you have low hp you can give priority at it and level that astral more.

Gems

For first gear slot available must be hp gems. That's because the passive warriors skills when you upgrade your warrior they give a descend amount of pdeff and mdeff.
    When second slot get available is good to have half pdeff and mdeff to them. If you lack of pdeff or mdeff you can put more gems of that type to them. When you get the third slot you need to have all hp, pdeff and mdeff to them.

Is better to have a level 8 mana gem ready before you acquire the sanctuary skill so you will need to use only 1 slot when you have 3 slots open per gear so you can sacrifice 1 gem of hp or pdeff or mdeff. If you don't have a level 8 mana gem until then you must choose what you want to sacrifice so you will have full mana at the start of the fight. You need to have 50 total amount of mana gem/gems to start a battle with full rage.

For fourth gear slot to open it you must be level 60+ and your glid gear level must be 4. Until then you will probably have the sanctuary skill if you don't go fast leveling. When you have the fourth slots open you can move the mana gem/gems to them so the first three slots to be filled with hp, pdef and mdeff gems. the rest fourth slots you must fill them with speed gems.

Speed gems are very important to warriors when they use the sanctuary skill because if they are faster than the enemies they can attack first and attract all the attacks.

Until you get the sanctuary skill you can use auora blade skill that needs min level 4 mount and 26.5% mount vigor that you can obtain easily. Until the sanctuary skill you don't need mana gems or speed gems in my opinion, you will be at the front row so you will get the most hits and every 1-2 rounds your mana will be full to use the skill.

Souls

Souls unlock reaching level 50 but can use them at level 60. At first slot i suggest having Ward Soul, the +100 crit reduction helps a lot and it's skill that raise the defense for certain % for 1 turn is perfect. For the second slot i suggest using Blood Soul, the +100 block that it add's it helps a lot, it's skill is to reduce the damage you take for certain % but i thing is better to raise your defense than reduce the damage you will take.

Is good to upgrade them earlier than your mercenaries souls. I suggest the warriors souls to be 1 level above the souls of the mercenaries.

Talismans

For first slot is a must to use the Rebirth talisman as it adds %hp depending the hp of the warrior and the level of the talisman.

For second slot i suggest 2 talismans.

First the Miracle talisman: Gives you a chance of % to reduce the pattack and mattack damage to 1 depending the level of the talisman.

Second the Felix talisman: Reduce your defense by % depending the level of the talisman but you will not get hit by a critical hit. Good to use if you have a good amount of defense and combined with the Ward soul skill you don't actually louse any defense.

For 3rd slot i suggest again one of the two. You can choose the miracle talisman for the 2nd slot and the felix talisman for the 3rd slot is up to you.

Glid gear

You get a random stat when you glid gears to level 3. You must be level 60+ for that. What stat and what level of stat you will get are random. If you don't spent money in game you will have what ever you get, if you spent money in game is best to refine the gears. For warriors tanks is best to get a higher level of HP, Pdeff or Mdeff with refine stones, again depending what you lack is your choice what you want.

Fortitude

Max your fortitude and your mercenaries before you advance to the next branch. You can focus first at your pdeff and mdeff of your character, then all the stats of mercenaries and keep last the dmg of your character as is not important.

Notes

I see a lot of warriors that fast level and even if they use sanctuary skill their stats are to low for the skill to be effective. My opinion is better to stay to a certain branch to fix your stats before leveling and change branch. What i suggest is :

For 40-49 to get to 50-59 branch is best to have 180 thousand HP and 15 thousand pdef and mdeff each.
    for 50-59 to get to 60-69 branch is best to have 250 thousand HP and 23 thousand pdef and mdeff each.
    for 60-69 to get to 70-79 i can't suggest as i am still level 69 and i still have some things to fix before i level.

To be a strong warrior tank you need to have a lot of patient. Don't focus only to your warrior and forget your mercenaries. If i forgot anything or someone want's to suggest something i will glad hear it and change the build accordingly. This is my personal thoughts about a warrior tank build many have different opinions
    Last edited by papas; 04-13-2015, 08:23 AM.

Good beginner guide for Warrior build; comes from Warrior, I approve, :P ..
    Great job. ^^

Comment

Should edit the level we get souls.

Comment

Originally posted by xXDminXx View Post
        Should edit the level we get souls.
        I already have it, is the first sentence at souls.

Comment

We dont get souls until level 60.

Comment

if a warrior wants to work on solo / power hitting their way through MM, then use aurora blade with backbash and retaliation talismans.

during testing, it was possible to do up to 12-14 combo hits in a round as backbash, retaliation and aurora blade would all fire multiple times in the round because they work on each attack by a opponent

over a set BR, the build will become less effective unless a warrior has a increased PATK level ( level 7-8 gems and level 10 crit dmg and PATK astral ) so they keep up the damage ..... adding Terror or corrosion to the build, can result in a warrior that can solo MM without having to deal with a lot of the opponents skill attacks.

The build is better for level 60+ warriors but under level 60, the retaliation talisman with aurora blade is normally effective enough with high PATK, for warriors to solo MM at a good speed, without the need for backbash......

using chargeforth is not a good idea with this build, the better talisman to use, is followstrike ( second strike when killing a opponent ) as it can make it possible to clear all 5 opponents @ level 30 in one round at level 60-65
            Dragon Pals and Shadowbound Mod and Basic tech support

R2 Serrin, My partner and fiancee, RIP 1971-2015
            Cha bhi fios aire math an tobair gus an trÃ*igh e.

Comment

At lv70 I still use Charge, but I also use follow in the beginning...then swap to Blessing on 30.

Then again I'm not built like a Mighty Glacier...more like a Berserker. (ATK gems on main instead of all HP and DEFs.)
              Shadowbound
              [S19] Bahold Castle - Solaria Luna - Warrior - Lv75
              [S75] Secret Sanctum - Hunter - Lv38
              League of Angels
              [s147/ua25] Thane of Winter Sorceror - Lv79

That being said character names in games I play is Solariai

Comment

Originally posted by xXDminXx View Post
                We dont get souls until level 60.
                forgot that, i used souls from the first day they implement them in game.

Kit the build is just for pure tank, for MM i change the talismans and i add pattack gems as well. If i was going to write for everything, would probably take me the hole page. This build is most for PVP and PVE having the sanctuary skill.
                Last edited by papas; 04-13-2015, 08:29 AM.

Comment

the build I use is a tank build, for MM the only thing I change is aurora blade,

its a build that is designed to rip a hole thru the barbers of CW 97 without using any sneak attacks ( sanc ) solo MM and clear it ( aurora blade ), can go close to level 30 in elemental tower ( sanc ) and go face to face with other players in crusades and clear it ( sanc ), hit very hard in WB ( aurora blade )... and in arena, take down players with higher BR ( including warriors ) ( sanc ).... with 350k BR / 75k Patk..... and its level 65

its also a build that does not use saca, duke, storm wolf or healing mercs......but the key to the effectiveness of the warrior in this build, is the mercs for CW, arena, elemental tower and crusades.... the warrior has not beeen built to be the last man standing, its been built to support a effective AOE merc team outfitted with stun, stagger and corrosion.... most times when the mercs fire off, they are cutting the effectiveness of the opponents by 2/3, making sanc very effective

unless rebirth is 3+ and miracle are 3+, they are wasted and on lower levels 40-50 not that effective at all..... backbash and retaliation are better if a warrior is using sanc, otherwise they are better off using aurora blade or cashing up a lot

as a warrior hits level 60, its where sanc starts to become more effective.... and thats because of the flaw in the warrior, they can be left wide open to hunters with high crit damage builds and because without cashing, a warrior is not going to build up a lot of speed without the mercs passive abilities... even the gems will not really give the boost needed, hence why players need a high speed gem in the wings quickly under 60......

the other flaw with the warrior build, is warriors are build around def and HP but they do not have a good def against things like stagger, stun, corrosion, crit dmg and pierce.... and what appears to make sanc so effective, is that players try to attack a warrior with patk / matk based attacks, instead of cutting the warrior off at the knees and cutting them off from using sanc
                  Dragon Pals and Shadowbound Mod and Basic tech support

R2 Serrin, My partner and fiancee, RIP 1971-2015
                  Cha bhi fios aire math an tobair gus an trÃ*igh e.

Comment

You wanna talk tank from hell? Look at Miniskull that's a tank.
                    Mortem_Obire s19
                    Hunter lv 80

Comment

Originally posted by Wyrdinsomnio View Post
                      You wanna talk tank from hell? Look at Miniskull that's a tank.
                      lol and to a degree IceMan...who I lost against.
                      Shadowbound
                      League of Angels

Comment

Please S7 needs merger more..

Comment

(that post doesn't belong here...this is a guide/discussion about a build of warrior)
                          Shadowbound
                          League of Angels

Comment

catching up on some reading during maintenance and found this thread rather interesting , I have had a few discussions concerning talismans & which benefit warriors most,,,,i know it`s really a matter of opinion & not a right or wrong answer convo but I`ve always thought retaliation was redundant when you are still using aurora blade since it is built into the skill , I`ve recommended chain strike & follow to guildmates as an alternative until the sanctuary skill is acquired. Also the gem advice seems off to me, (my opinion), warriors are natural defenders so to add pdf &mdf gems before patk & speed again seems redundant & a bit of overkill to me. doesn`t matter how many hits you can take if your not doing more damage than your opponent heals every round, all your doing is prolonging the inevitable loss & wasteing time. again , just my opinion but I love a good discussion

Comment

Originally posted by R297194769 View Post
                              warriors are natural defenders so to add pdf &mdf gems before patk & speed again seems redundant & a bit of overkill to me.
                              "warriors are natural defenders " so if they are natural defenders, why train them to be attackers? It's like having a talent in drawing but enrolling in dancing. seems not wise unless you master drawing first then go train dancing. just my opinion as well.
                              Dragonnaire - Lvl 76(Shadowbound)
                              server: s46 - Sea of Insanity

Comment

Working...
                              X