X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• R25710533
    started a topic Elite shop

Elite shop

i had a look at elite shop and all the armour at level 50 has been changed now you have to beat elites to get the pieces you need what i want to know is how am i going to get the br up that high to beat ice elites without that armour i am lvl 52 on server witchlight and this change makes it so i cannot compete with others in arena also guild wars against other players being wiped out by players who already have all the armour and im told this is meant to be fair the fair change is that players of lvl 50 and above should be able to get this not 49 but because of this im penalised nice going my br is 283000 and this change will annoy loads of players even the paying ones of which i am one and i have got to say this is a game killing change because its going to be too hard to compete and there is nothing fair about it im really annoyed

• R266007809
    replied
    I will only say...Thank you all very much. 2940 Elite badges, 1680 Sacred ores...and counting. Pass the Elite dung to buy a print...well, good luck with that.

Leave a comment:

• Kitwritten
    replied
    ok I will correct a couple of things here.....

The Devs do not play on R2 games, the game staff do, I personally have 25+ characters that are using for testing the game and reporting issues and aspects of game play

The changes to the game were made to correct some issues in the game, that also resulted in a lot of player complaints and negative feedback, the change to the prints, was the 4th change made to the print system based around player reports and feedback, but the changes to the print system are also part of a change to the combat system and skills system

Its for that reason that it was not possible to change some servers and not others, as that would mean that some servers would no longer be able to do 3v3 and 8v8 and other planned events. that would have created a lot of negative feedback and also game issues for the devs and game staff.

as for pay to win.... well.... if players want to be the best in the game and the top players, they are going to be competing against other players that have the same way of thinking..... people like me that use a limited budget style of game play, I feature in the top 10 regularly in the arena ( 40-49 ) on a character that is vip 3, 250k BR, but I use a style of play that is similar to survivor.... basically out play, outwit and outlast, because I do not have a interest in spending a lot of money on my characters.... and my gaming style means that it can be easier for me to roll with the changes in the game, but it also means a lot of pre planning and forward thinking, rather than just plain level sit so I can be top of the arena for my level.....

I listen to the higher level players and its what they say, that tells me what to think about, such as what mercs are better, better gem sets, placement, best talisman and astrals and a better idea of what I will need to do in order to manage as a solo player in the higher levels, running catacombs... as that is something I need to consider as a aspect of game play as not everything can be done as a team player.......

so in a way, yes, paying to win is a aspect of the game if I want to be bigger and better, faster.... but if I seriously want to compete with the best players on the server, its not really a option, I will not spend the way they do and can, but I do appreciate their information, feedback and answers as much as I appreciate the same from non cashers..... so yes all suggestions are forwarded by me and considered along side the game staffs feedback when it comes to changes to the game and while there will be changes to the game, such as with the prints, that make players unhappy.... often they are only seeing a part of the changes that have taken place, not all of the changes........
    Last edited by Kitwritten; 09-04-2014, 01:51 AM.

Leave a comment:

• blooms
    replied
    well done Amber in every pvp game you have the some of the community crying over pvp .

Leave a comment:

• AmberdrakeDraco
    replied
    P.S. If you are a player...and you complain about people going on "player bullying runs"...don't play. That is what ANY game that has PvP in it, is about. All you sound like is, "Whaa whaa whaa!" Go find another game that ONLY caters to PvE players. Also, just saying.

Leave a comment:

• AmberdrakeDraco
    replied
    Actually, It probably would have gone over WAAAAAAY better if you guys would have made an in-game announcement... You know, a week or two in advance. And I don't mean a 1 time message, I mean you see it every day for a week or two before the change. At least that way you wouldn't have left people feeling like you snuck this all in behind their backs... It's not like the devs, that "are also players," didn't know about the changes before they made them. And I'm willing to bet that they got most, if not all of their gear before the changes were made! And as I said, "an IN-GAME message." I played this game every day for a week before I knew anything about this forum, & I only check it now, when I'm done with everything, & my toon is in AFK mode in the training grounds. Btw, players will not feel sorry for the devs, when it is a pay to win game, so you shouldn't act like the players that are upset, are being unreasonable...Just saying.
    Last edited by AmberdrakeDraco; 09-03-2014, 09:06 AM.

Leave a comment:

• RazMaddy
    replied
    Originally posted by Kitwritten View Post
    rebalancing the game is always going to cause issues..... its a unavoidable aspect of rebalancing a game and making changes to avoid other issues that could affect the game on a much larger scale.

options to get items from cloudwinder, purgatory, crusades, 3v3 and 8v8 etc, are still there for players.... but now its back to having to think about how players play the game rather than relying on getting to a level and buying up all the weapons and armour prints..... it also creates a fairer system for the players as it means that everybody is on the same system and the people its actually hurting the most, are the players that rushed the leveling to get the prints and are still losing to lower level, lower BR players that worked on their talisman, astrals and mercs.....
    in other words, more u pay the easier the game is, thats how i read it

Leave a comment:

• Queensporsche
    replied
    Originally posted by Kitwritten View Post
    rebalancing the game is always going to cause issues..... its a unavoidable aspect of rebalancing a game and making changes to avoid other issues that could affect the game on a much larger scale.

options to get items from cloudwinder, purgatory, crusades, 3v3 and 8v8 etc, are still there for players.... but now its back to having to think about how players play the game rather than relying on getting to a level and buying up all the weapons and armour prints..... it also creates a fairer system for the players as it means that everybody is on the same system and the people its actually hurting the most, are the players that rushed the leveling to get the prints and are still losing to lower level, lower BR players that worked on their talisman, astrals and mercs.....
    With all due respect, Kit, that is such a "canned" response. It is not fair to those who are now just getting to the level to buy the lvl 40 equipment and now have to wait until they beat all of the elites, a very difficult proposition I might add, whereas others in the first few days of the servers that were already going got to take advantage of the previous system. I don't have any problem at all with NEW SERVERS that were introduced AFTER the change was made using this system. But servers that were already in place should not be subject to that change. Everyone on each server should be subject to the exact same rules as everyone else on that server. Frankly this change will end up discouraging people who might otherwise have continued once they got into the lvl 40's because now everything will take sooooo much longer. If you did it so that people would have a reason to stick around, or to buy more diamonds and packs and such, then just admit it. But please don't give us this hogwash about "rebalancing the game". We're a little smarter than that. With all due respect of course.

I"m gonna add an edit to this, after reading your second response. Of course simply leveling up to get the Prints isn't going to make you compete in all aspeccts of the game. I know that. You have to have decent mercs and a good character to put them on. Then you also must have great gems to socket in those pieces of equipment, and of course you have to spend time working on and upgrading astrals and Talismans. That's a given. But to change something in the game after some people had already achieved it, that is the part that isn't fair. I can also beat people with higher BR's than me due to various reasons, sometimes I win, sometimes I lose, but it's about equipping the right mercs for battles, making sure that they have the proper assortment of gems that best accentuate their abilities, etc. These are things I'm just learning about as I never even heard of this game before two weeks ago. I played wartune for a couple years so I"m familiar with how R2 does things, but I have a feeling that this one change of the Elite armor will have more of a negative impact than a positive one. This is just my opinion. I'm at a point now where I spent about 25 bucks on the game getting to vip4 and that's all the money I'm going to spend on this server. With only about 220 stam per day availaable, and the fact that there's only a couple elite lvl 2 dungeons I can blitz, you can see how long it's going to take to get that equipment. so I pick and choose and instead of replacing equipment that I can already socket, with the higher lvl equip, I replace another one, so i can get the extra sockets. Stuff like that will help in the long run, for players who want to think and not just follow what everyone else is doing. anyway, thanks for a great game, I just don't want you guys to kill it off by making rash decisions. Have a great day.
    Last edited by Queensporsche; 08-31-2014, 04:54 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Kitwritten
    replied
    I farm for demi ore because I know I am going to need a lot of it later, meanwhile I am working on my gems, talisman, astrals, mount and pets because in order to compete with players I need to work on them.... and its the reason why I can take out a lot of level 50 players with their armour and weapons prints, that are vip 5+ and I am only vip 3... and thats all I tend to spend on that character.... because I do not need to spend to get better, when I can outlast players, out play them... and I know that its only a matter of time before the system is changed and the brackets will come into play as the server base will be large enuf to support that change ( thats not inside information either, its merely gaming common sense from 30+ years of gaming )

as it was, the game was becoming very unbalanced as players were focusing on spending lots and the armour and weapons prints... not the rest of the game... and we were recieving a lot of complaints about how it was unfair that players could just level up, get the prints then go on player bullying runs, so part of the reason for the changes, was based around feedback from the players themselves.......but thats in line with a lot of the recent changes that the players requested.........

The game staff are very active in the game and are affected by the game changes themselves, so a lot of thinking goes into changes to the game... and its all about the best gaming experience for the majority of players, not just the players that want to rush leveling for the prints, just so they can be at the top of the player tables......

Leave a comment:

• R23126400
    replied
    yea right...you should think of this before adding elite system.now ppl who lost time farming for demi ore(because this is all about in this game) have a hard time to catch up others who bought blue prints and have complete sets now.
    this is all a marketing ****,forcing ppl to spend money to clear dungeons now.not to mention crazy difference in br req to clear them(like 100k).

Leave a comment:

• Kitwritten
    replied

Leave a comment:

Working...
X