Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Creating a screenshot for SB bug reports.

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Creating a screenshot for SB bug reports.

SO you have a issue, glitch, bug or are just unsure about something in the game ? well reports need your IGN ( In Game Name / character name ) and server name, this is so that we can help the player directly and when passing issues to the SB team, they have a better idea on what action they may need to do, including accessing a players account to check some issues.

Screenshots are needed to help the forum mods and the DP team get a better idea of the issue as screenshots can tell us more about the issue in a short time than a lot of writting by the players, so a belief explanation by the player and screenshots are extremely helpful

Some players are not sure how to create screen shots so this is a guide on how to create a good one for the staff, and we can resize some screenshots if needed so we can get details from them.....

1) The player needs to get a screenshot of the issue they are seeing.... so a quick way to do this, is to use the PRTSCN button on the keyboard when you see the issue

Click image for larger version

Name:	ky1.jpg
Views:	4
Size:	10.7 KB
ID:	1762376Click image for larger version

Name:	KY2.jpg
Size:	6.6 KB
ID:	1762377

This will take a screen capture of the total screen and save it until you were ready to edit it into something more usable, it will not be visible as a screenshot so it will not interfere with your game play, tho each screenshot would have to be saved so you can take another one, unless you have the ability to take multiple screenshots and have them auto saved so you can edit them later...... So for this quide, I will use MS paint....

Now I have taken the screen shot, I am going to go to MS paint.... so click on the start button > programs? and look up the top for accessories... ( my screenshoot is from windows 7 but I use a vista menu addon and the set up is similar to most computer systems )

Name:	paint.png
Size:	32.9 KB
ID:	1762378

Once you have opened MS paint, then you want to paste the image into MS paint ( I am using windows 7 so I click on paste so for XP click on edit > paste )

Name:	select.jpg
Size:	16.8 KB
ID:	1762379

Now for the editing and coping, ( I am linking players to another site as it covers windows 7 and XP ) remember to save the image as PNG or JPEG/JPG format ( save my pics to my desktop so its faster to find them and upload them....

Which you have written your post... look at the top of the post window for the image icon and click on it, then from computer....

Name:	pic button.jpg
Size:	4.6 KB
ID:	1762380

Click on select image then go to the location where you saved your image and click on it and click open, ( for more than one pic, hold down the CRTL key and select all the images you want, ) then click upload and they will automatically upload to the post and appear as a Attach=config tag.....there are a couple of options for uploading, if players have issues with the images not uploading and a red dot showing to the right of the pic, then save the post, close and reopen the browser and use the basic loader option ( right hand side ) in the window for choosing how to upload pics

Name:	insert image.jpg
Size:	18.1 KB
ID:	1762381

Name:	selected.jpg
Size:	26.3 KB
ID:	1762382

Name:	attached.jpg
Size:	7.4 KB
ID:	1762383

When you are ready... save post and they will appear as a screenshot and congradulations you have successfully captured a screenshot and uploaded them ....
    Last edited by Kitwritten; 12-07-2014, 12:31 AM.
    Dragon Pals and Shadowbound Mod and Basic tech support

R2 Serrin, My partner and fiancee, RIP 1971-2015
    Cha bhi fios aire math an tobair gus an trÃ*igh e.

what happens if doing all that don't work, i have a Acer laptop and it wont Prtsc the game so i had to result in getting a program that makes, Gif's and Screenshots is that still a a Screenshot that is accepted??
    Wartunes - Server [21] - CharName : Cookieâ„¢ Status : Retired
    DragonPals - Server [S30] - CharName : Azlam Status : Retired
    Shadowbound - Server [S39] - CharName : Earadessaâ„¢ Status : Playing

Comment

yeah as long as its a jpeg, png, format pic, clear and readable, thats what we need.....
      Dragon Pals and Shadowbound Mod and Basic tech support

R2 Serrin, My partner and fiancee, RIP 1971-2015
      Cha bhi fios aire math an tobair gus an trÃ*igh e.

Comment

ok ty Kit <3 Hugs
        Wartunes - Server [21] - CharName : Cookieâ„¢ Status : Retired
        DragonPals - Server [S30] - CharName : Azlam Status : Retired
        Shadowbound - Server [S39] - CharName : Earadessaâ„¢ Status : Playing

Comment

Any way to take several screenshots within seconds without having to save them manually?
          S1 (Armorgames) - AndrAla

People have no idea what can they do with Excel and some knowledge how to use it (as well as some imagination and some logical thinking)

Comment

stuck at 98% for almost 2 hours, can you fixed it?
            I am using DDR5 6gig ram a titanium fiber internet (PLDT), asus ROG sabertooth for motherboard.. i dont have any lags in GARENA esp in LOL, elsword and Point Blank.. dont have problem in my SB Low level account, just this level 70 account.. can you fix this..?? its been almost 2 hours and still I cant log in...

Name:	freeze.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	210.3 KB
ID:	1714098
            Last edited by Anxz_Santos; 06-12-2015, 06:09 PM.
            Im just waiting.. Love you much.. hope to see you again, when things gets better..

Comment

if the size of the greatness of its size can be set in resize or crop
              Last edited by ariewayq; 12-03-2015, 12:49 AM.
              -----------------------------------------------------------------------
              i am online 18 hours more
              succses for my games and best my regard

R2 Serrin, prayer for our friend, RIP 1971-2015
              be polite in your moderators because it is no easy task !!
              -----------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Asdasdasdasdasd
                Attached Files
                Last edited by Hasancyrglu; 12-06-2015, 01:40 PM.

Comment

Working...
                X