Announcement

Collapse

R2 LOGIN ISSUES

For the recentR2 login issue, please log in via the site starting with "https": https://www.r2games.com . If this does not work for you, please clear the cache and cookie to finish the recent update or use other browsers to try again. Thank you.
See more
See less

Account sharing

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Account sharing

I would suggest an end to account sharing. There are a few reasons. With multiple people running one account it give that character a big advantage. I am sure it will lead to many reports and complaints of items lost, things sold, accessing someone's cc, etc. ,if it hasn't already. To quote CaféAuLait "There will always be a disparity between cashers and non cashers. But if you can't outspend you can outlast.", when "cashers" quit playing or play less often and can pass the account to someone else, as is happening already, it makes it impossible to outlast them......

Those are just a few reasons to put an end to account sharing.

I do not know if there will be an end to account sharing but I think it would improve the game for all and make things easier on the folks running the game.

Account sharing IS against the rules. That goes for Buying/Selling/Gifting/Being Gifted accounts.
    Turkey of S2.

Comment

http://www.r2games.com/about/termsofuse

Ownership/Selling Virtual Accounts/Items

R2Games does not recognize the transfer of our Games accounts or R2Games accounts. You may not purchase, sell, gift or trade any account, or offer to purchase, sell, gift or trade any account, and any such attempt shall be null and void. R2Games owns, has licensed, or otherwise has rights to all of the content that contained in the Game. You agree that you have no right or title in or to any such content, including without limitation the virtual goods or currency appearing or originating in the Game, or any other attributes associated with any account.

R2Games does not recognize any purported transfers of virtual property executed outside of the Game, or the purported sale, gift or trade in the "real world" of anything that contained or originates in the Game. Accordingly, you may not sell in-game items or currency for "real" money, or exchange those items or currency for value outside of the Game.

Your Password

At the time your account is opened, you must set a password. You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your password and are responsible for any harm resulting from your disclosure, or authorization of the disclosure of your password or from any person's use of your password to gain access to your account or account name. At no time should you respond to an online request for a password other than in connection with the log-on process to the Services. Should it be determined that you did reveal your password to any third parties, R2Games reserves the right to disable the account.
      Dragon Pals and Shadowbound Mod and Basic tech support

R2 Serrin, My partner and fiancee, RIP 1971-2015
      Cha bhi fios aire math an tobair gus an trÃ*igh e.

Comment

Originally posted by R299578425 View Post
        I would suggest an end to account sharing. There are a few reasons. With multiple people running one account it give that character a big advantage. I am sure it will lead to many reports and complaints of items lost, things sold, accessing someone's cc, etc. ,if it hasn't already. To quote CaféAuLait "There will always be a disparity between cashers and non cashers. But if you can't outspend you can outlast.", when "cashers" quit playing or play less often and can pass the account to someone else, as is happening already, it makes it impossible to outlast them......

Those are just a few reasons to put an end to account sharing.

I do not know if there will be an end to account sharing but I think it would improve the game for all and make things easier on the folks running the game.
        I'm sorry , but weird that this was posted the day before one of my friend who I did warn to stop, that it was illegal and could get him in trouble.. got banned.. That's on s4 and I won't name him but I just find it's a strange coincidence.. No threads about it since a while and ..bang..someone with one post comes to talk about it and someone gets the ban hammer..

Someone I did love to play with ( well.. against anyway as I gave him leadership of the Guild I had) , appreciated and did warn to stop when learned some account sharing was going on...
        Tigerstorm, s1 Nova Genesis
        Tigerstorm, alpha WinterFury
        --- Many retired chars in most r2games games.

Comment

we are warning and banning players on a near daily basis, most of the time its never mentioned on the forums

the most common argument against a ban is that if players do not share their account, they will not be able to compete against other players because they are missing out on events...... R2 view account sharing as a form of cheating as account sharing is a way of gaining a advantage that the player would not normally have.

Comment

I totally understanmd that rule and it's why when I learned Wednesday that my friend had gave his info to another in his guild, I warned him to stop, else I would report.

What I don't get, is that 2 days after I do that warning and say in the guild I am that I did it, bang... said player gets banned.. So on who do you think people point fingers ?

I didn't want my friend gone, I wanted him to stop allowing another player to run him ( a player I also especially hate and let me tell you there's only 2 on server i'm less "friendly" with ). If I pm you the name of who got banned on my server, can I know who complained ?

I mean , I warned the guy to give him a chance to stop and 2 days later I learn he's banned..wow...

I don't want to go ahead and scold who made the report, I just want to keep my name clean and this perticular coincidence makes almost everyone on top 2 guilds of s4 think I purposly got my friend banned..
            Last edited by tigerstorm74; 12-13-2014, 07:26 PM.
            Tigerstorm, s1 Nova Genesis
            Tigerstorm, alpha WinterFury
            --- Many retired chars in most r2games games.

Comment

I can understand that players will think that you or somebody else pointed fingers...... players will go on what they see in their guild, world chat and forums.... they forget that we have account and character logs

I will clear your name tho.....the player had a previous warning by R2 admin for account sharing, players with warnings, are reviewed from time to time because many of them will persist in account sharing.....so yes, its coincidence that you warned them in private and they get banned anyway.

Comment

I understand Tigerstorm you want to clear your name. But asking a Mod to give you the name of the player that reported would be violating their privacy wouldn't it.

Comment

its not information I would share, anyway..... stuff like that is confidential as all player reports are, unless they are posted in the forums lol

Comment

my account has been banned im a Vip 5 i already filed a ticket but no response from the G.M. yet

Click image for larger version

Name:	banned.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	102.6 KB
ID:	1704806

Comment

Jovelino1, you were banned for a reason, think about your pet name. Not allowed, your intention was stated and it was acted upon.
                      File a ticket
                      for payment issues
                      For issues with DragonPals send email to:

R2 Game Rules click
                      Interested in becoming a forum mod, click

Comment

oh ok that ok ill change it but how can i change it if im still banned.

Comment

Greetings, that is for you to discuss with the GM on the ticket and I warn you, I doubt she's amused or thinking anything was a joke.
                          File a ticket
                          for payment issues
                          For issues with DragonPals send email to:

R2 Game Rules click
                          Interested in becoming a forum mod, click

Comment

thanks cafe

Comment

wouldnt they get more mad i submit too many ticket

Comment

Working...
                              X