Announcement

Collapse

R2 LOGIN ISSUES

For the recentR2 login issue, please log in via the site starting with "https": https://www.r2games.com . If this does not work for you, please clear the cache and cookie to finish the recent update or use other browsers to try again. Thank you.
See more
See less

Merging of servers

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Merging of servers

I know you guys opened a thread to ask for servers needing merge but I feel that it was open too short a time and did not look into the why of a merge. S35 is a fast dying server, we are now down to 2 active guilds and probably no more than 60 -70 truly active players.
    Lots have left for newer servers or just got fed up of game as some do, but from talking to other regular players on server I am sure we would all be up for merge to try and bring some life back to the server and some competition.
    I am hoping other players from other servers will be given the chance to add their posts here and reasons for merging if it is needed.
    Merry christmas to the devs and crew and a happy new year ....... please make our new year just as good by seriously considering which servers need merge and keeping it sensible with regard to age of servers. Thanks.

IGN: Golden Eagle, Leader Darkside Guild. Lv 66 Warrior

the why of a merge is something that the devs are not interested in as often its full of player misinformation and the devs go by the game logs that they have as its accurate information about the state of a server....

server merges are coming, thats been confirmed and it will be after xmas...... but as for the age of servers.... lets be honest, the age of a server really does not mean much.... as I posted in another thread, its not the age of the server that really makes a difference, its the experience of the player, how much they play and yes how much a person can cash, that can make a much larger difference...... and yes, I am expecting complaints about the merges as there is always going to be a older and newer server merged together and that often results in complaints about how we are putting newer players against older players.....

the irony is its very very rare to have players complain that they have been merged with servers that they can dominate and how we need to fix that......
    Dragon Pals and Shadowbound Mod and Basic tech support

R2 Serrin, My partner and fiancee, RIP 1971-2015
    Cha bhi fios aire math an tobair gus an trÃ*igh e.

Comment

I understand all that Kitwritten and thank you for the reply. But just to say I play daily am a light casher and was not comlaining about the merges as I realise it doesnt matter how you work them some people will not be happy others delirious, what I did mean was merging of a server like 35 with 3 or 11 which would be pointless to players on 35. Thanks anyway.

Comment

lol on Dragon pals, the devs there merged the entire oceanic region into one mega server, I think it was from S10 to S74 or something.... grins evilly.....

so as much as I want to say its not very likely, there is always the possibility that it could happen tho the most likely scenerio is between 3-6 servers being merged into one depending on the player base and region......
        Dragon Pals and Shadowbound Mod and Basic tech support

R2 Serrin, My partner and fiancee, RIP 1971-2015
        Cha bhi fios aire math an tobair gus an trÃ*igh e.

Comment

The major problem with merges will often be the ones that have like less than 30 players total who are active (less with about 20% that probably chat on world or do events) on each and most likely will be the lowered numbered ones that will get merged (hence the ones that had players either quit the game or went to another server that is thriving; possibly out of reach from a merge). I had a thought to jump another server, but why when I am doing good on the one I am on.

However, if push comes to shove where we are at a Catch-22 (meaning if the devs somehow merged our server with the older servers that probably are out of balance in terms of BR and other factors), I will not hesitate to leave for a new server just to put some space from facing uber high players as I think they need to be within their own league.

Comment

Working...
          X